Chris Knights | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Knights

Tipping he might have a bit of tightness or some soreness its not unexpected or unreasonable.

Rebound soft tissue strains, tears, or soreness are not unexpected hence the staggered loading and game time, and Reece Conca will require the same management and caution.

DirtyDogTiger said:
What if its just that he simply didn't make it onto the team sheet
He may play.

Nah guys with history of soft issue and other injuries need to be managed back slowly until their body is in total tune with itself... He's good when fit but if elevated to a much faster game and demands then it goes without saying the chance of another career ending injury are very high, should be managed slowly until he is ready and his bosy is able to compete with the speed and demands required

Tigertough1974 said:
Nah guys with history of soft issue and other injuries need to be managed back slowly until their body is in total tune with itself... He's good when fit but if elevated to a much faster game and demands then it goes without saying the chance of another career ending injury are very high, should be managed slowly until he is ready and his bosy is able to compete with the speed and demands required

Very wise. Two months until finals.

Hope club puts on website whats happening with knights, would love to know if its management or caution or 1week injury.

HELP PLEASE
anyone who is going to punt road early to watch the vfl game v Sandringham
Can thry get there early and find out how titch is going, and where knighta is at.
Don't settle for answers like 'he's fine' : give em the hard eye and make them explain it.

And keep an eye on Soldo!

Report back

Cheers

jokershoppe said:
Hope club puts on website whats happening with knights, would love to know if its management or caution or 1week injury.

Pulled up sore from VFL last weekend and is being managed back from a long lay-off, so not being risked for this weekend. Will look to play again against Box Hill.

RFC_Official said:
Pulled up sore from VFL last weekend and is being managed back from a long lay-off, so not being risked for this weekend. Will look to play again against Box Hill.

Thanks Stig MarkII

Good to hear Chris is getting the 'Super Slow Mo' treatment. If he ever gets to being 100% it would be awesome for the club.

Good luck Chris!

Lets just hope its not a Nathan Foley "pulled up sore" never to be see again :-(

All for the rest, he is certainly making an impact, possession wise.

RFC_Official said:
Sounds ominous. Hasn't played a full game yet and has pulled up sore. An euphemism for injured again?

He's a classy player
But injury riddled alas
Doubtful he will make it back onto the ball park in any meaningful way
We sure need someone of his ilk
Sadly it won't be him owing to injuries

He's also 29 next year. Injuries catch up with you so I doubt even if he were able to get fully fit that he'd have more than 2 years ahead of him. Would be invaluable for a premiership tilt but we're not quite there yet. We need to look elsewhere for that Knights type.

tigerlove said:
He's also 29 next year. Injuries catch up with you so I doubt even if he were able to get fully fit that he'd have more than 2 years ahead of him. Would be invaluable for a premiership tilt but we're not quite there yet. We need to look elsewhere for that Knights type.
Doubt he'd have any years ahead of him if he can't survive a handful of VFL games n at least hammer on the door of AFL selection before the end of this year. Club took a punt on an injury prone player n it's unfortunately back fired badly for both club n player.
Simply cannot see Chris getting another chance next year if his body keeps letting him down.

I had a dream that Knights won the Norm smith this year. He's either got his body right or will announce his retirement imminently.

sausage_meat69 said:
I had a dream that Knights won the Norm smith this year. He's either got his body right or will announce his retirement imminently.
If he can't get the body right he'd make a good assistant VFL coach for us. A number of people have been impressed with the way Chris speaks when he talks about the game. Leigh Matthews amongst them.

Would be a great option as a mature rookie for mine next year if he moves off the senior list say to allow Lambert to be promoted.

Theres still plenty to look at for delisting retirement or trading though in a shallow draft i see some one year extensions being provided.

Newman, Dea Arnot, Thomas, McDonough, Gordon, Lloyd, Astbury, Petterd, Foley and Knights plus any other possible tradees Griff, TV, Conca who knows.

Id personally prefer to give Knights one more year on reduced $$$ or as a rookie than say Gordon for example he is known quality whereas Gordon is a spanner.

Knights is a good leader as others have said and a good mentor for Lennon in that role as a mid half forward.

Class act this bloke an fit would be a perfect fit in the fwd half, unfourtunatly too bigger risk to go on with next year, his 300k will be very handy with maintaining others