Chris Knights | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Knights

Another impressive game for Knights today in the VFL from reports.

Knights 28 touches in 3/4, after having the last quarter off.

Dea with 35 touches BOG full game.

The senior side needs his class, and skill, hopefully once hes back he plays through till seasons end but will have to wait at least another 2 weeks till hes in the seniors one would think.

craig said:
Another impressive game for Knights today in the VFL from reports.

Knights 28 touches in 3/4, after having the last quarter off.

Dea with 35 touches BOG full game.

The senior side needs his class, and skill, hopefully once hes back he plays through till seasons end but will have to wait at least another 2 weeks till hes in the seniors one would think.

Why wait 2 weeks? Bring him straight in next week for mine. Would rather him playing 3/4 of footy in the seniors than the magoos. He's all class.

Its about managing him back and getting miles into his legs and minimising rebound soft tissue injuries which are often problematic for all players returning from long lay offs.

He will be important come August and im tipping thats when he'll be back not before.

craig said:
Its about managing him back and getting miles into his legs and minimising rebound soft tissue injuries which are often problematic for all players returning from long lay offs.

He will be important come August and im tipping thats when he'll be back not before.

agree. i reckon its about getting in and in form by Sept. give him more games in the twos.

I admire the man's efforts to keep on returning from injury.
If he should somehow get his body right over the next few weeks then he may be a little bonus to the team as the season draws to its conclusion.

antman said:
Would love this guy back ASAP but give him as long as it takes.

He had some great years, but injury has ruined him. Does his contract end this year? Love to offer him a rookie position only, as every position is vital.

I reckon if he gets back and plays through the rest of the season hed be worthy of a one year extension at reduced $.

Id be happier with Chris Knights on the list next year if he can play this year out rather than Gordon or Lloyd for starters.

A couple more injury free games in the VFL might see him returning as a bit of a strike weapon exactly when the side needs it.

Exactly.

Give him a couple more games than he comes in and plays high HF or wing for mine.

Class player and finisher. Forward line all of a sudden looks dangerous with Jack, Griff, Vickery, Edwards, Lennon and Knights.

Playing for his career.

Clever player that injury has curtailed. Have watched a few VFL games and he looks a coach in waiting, the way he advises others and organizes on the field. Should not be lost from the club.

So he was taken off as a precaution? If so phew! After reading the vfl board I thought he may have reinjured himself.

sausage_meat69 said:
So he was taken off as a precaution? If so phew! After reading the vfl board I thought he may have reinjured himself.

Nah, they're been very cautious with him. Half à game at first, now 3/4s.

antman said:
Nah, they're been very cautious with him. Half à game at first, now 3/4s.

He already did 3/4 last week, and a half the week before. Must be taking it reaaaal slow. Can't hurt.

tigerstrang said:
Geez! If true would be ball breaking for the poor bloke. Any sort of creaking n groaning while trying to come back from the run of injuries he's had would be an absolute nightmare.