Chris Knights | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Knights

If anyone needs some luck its Chris, a great footy story of determination and doggedness if he comes back to anywhere near his best...best wishes

If a place arises and Knights could slot into the team for the last three or four rounds before the finals (keeping a lid on it, though) then he could be an absolute bonus ... but plenty of bridges yet to be crossed here. He is going to need to show that he can stay on the park for sustained periods.

Bullarto Tiger said:
If a place arises and Knights could slot into the team for the last three or four rounds before the finals (keeping a lid on it, though) then he could be an absolute bonus ... but plenty of bridges yet to be crossed here. He is going to need to show that he can stay on the park for sustained periods.
Got just enough time to work up some match hardness in the magoos n then try to build a run of form at senior level leading up to hopefully our third finals series in a row. Hopefully he can stay on the park and have a full blooded crack at it, any further injuries or niggles over the rest of this year n it would be virtually impossible for the footy dept to trust his body to hold up at the pointy end.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
missed 2
played 5
missed 41
played 1
missed 9*
If he's not playing (gets injured) till end of year it will be retirement for knights.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
missed 2
played 5
missed 41
played 1
missed 9*

Thanks L2R2.

Hope he can improve on that record. But those number suggest it will be an uphill battle for him.

Like its been stated many a time, a fit Knights would be an asset to us.

I think he had a near-AA seson around 2008 or 2009, and he has never been fully fit for an extended period of time since.

Not going to wish him luck this time as whenever I wish a player the best of luck they break down. I seem to have doomed Chris, Axel and Dave A for the bulk of their careers at Tigerland so this week I am keeping quiet.

The club have totally changed his training loads, since being back on the track he has trained differently to any training he has done in the past. hope it works out for him.

Good luck to Chris, hopefully his time is now, and with the team playing well he could be a very handy inclusion, a class player.

jamo said:
Good luck to Chris, hopefully his time is now, and with the team playing well he could be a very handy inclusion, a class player.
Well said....amazing to think a bloke so talenteds career will be over the body can't hold up for 10 ish matches

Cold day to be coming back from a hammy, hope he goes alright. Be nice for him to get a 4 game run in the VFL and then be available for the last 4-5 games there's definately a spot there if his body holds up.