Chris Knights | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Knights

If he stayed fit would have been one of the best half forwards in the league however wouldnt have been with us as adelaide would have kept him. Deadly within 50.

Major bummer. All things considered worth the punt, can't win 'em all. Here's hoping he makes an against-the-odds recovery just in time for the finals where he breaks KBs Tigers goalkicking record

Tigers of Old said:
Yep at the end of the day as sad as it is, this has been a poor investment.
True, however for the price I reckon he was worth a punt.....knowing hammys very well , as soon as he got to his feet it looked real bad for the little movement he could do

He looked like he knew it was his last game.

Hopefully the club can convince him not to retire mid-season. He'd be a handy player to bring back a few weeks before the finals. Even if he only ever plays 10 games for this club at least he could potentially make an impact when it matters most. What a story it would be if Knights and even Newman were playing in the 2015 Grand Final.

Chimptastic said:
He looked like he knew it was his last game.

Hopefully the club can convince him not to retire mid-season. He'd be a handy player to bring back a few weeks before the finals. Even if he only ever plays 10 games for this club at least he could potentially make an impact when it matters most. What a story it would be if Knights and even Newman were playing in the 2015 Grand Final.
I'm a big fan of him ,but unless his had atleast 6 weeks of footy leading into a finals campaign ,it would be way too risky too play him and I'm sure he wouldn't want to be a liability

St Kevin said:
Feel for him as he's a gun. But a 3 year deal, when he'd already been very injury prone at Adelaide was always going to bite us. 3 years, 5 games? Sheesh.

Really? Thought the knee injury last year was very very unlucky, not the sort of injury you get because you are prone. I think the gamble was worth it because he's a gun player. We simply wouldn't have got him for anything less than 3 years I don't think. Yes he was prone, but if you're going to take gambles, these are the sort you do take. I hope he can recover quickly and give it one more go before the end of the season otherwise I doubt he'll be going another.

blx said:
please god, allah, buddha, WHOEVER! please give him some luck.

A fit Chris Knights in September makes a very dangerous side.
You forgot about Jehovah - maybe that's what caused it.

Tigertool said:
Out for 10-12. He needs surgery. I really feel for the guy.

Bloody hell. I can't see him with us next season now which is really disappointing. Sounds like Lids isn't ready for this week either.

Tigertool said:
Out for 10-12. He needs surgery. I really feel for the guy.
*smile* it. Me too. Wanted him to make it more than most for some reason.

The football spirits have been unkind to Knights ... perhaps he is destined for greater things outside of football.
Hope he has plenty of support to assist him through this yet again gruelling recovery period.

Can't see him back this year. Surgery is pretty serious and we've been pretty cautious with him on recovery. Could possibly be career over. He's one of the really unlucky guys in footy.