Chris Knights | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Knights

Will be a struggle for him to play much footy. The 12 weeks is round 15, needs at least 2-3 in the 2's and then doesn't give him much time.

I doubt he'll be on our senior list at the end of the year but would love to see him rookie listed by the club for next year. If he gets fit, it will be a stroke of genius, if he doesn't the we wouldn't have lost too much.

Can't see him coming back from here. Back in the VFL by what round 15/16/17 and a few games there but you'd reckon the selectors would be to gun shy to pick him again.

It is probably rookie list or bust in 2016 for Knights.
Such a shame that the Tigers never got to really experience his class over a period of time. He could have brought something a little bit special to this team.

If he's playing twos by Round 17 and has 3-4 weeks in a row, and we're going to play finals, I would bet my left nut he gets a game in the last couple of rounds.

Sad to see him out injured again. Poor buggers entire career has been screwed over by constant injuries.
Prob sounds like an *smile* comment but reckon it's about time for either Chris or the club to pull the pin on his career, rehab him n transition him out of footy by the end of this year. As soon as he went down, he simply got up n walked off the ground, barely a reaction from him, just knew his body had let him down again.
Must be totally screwing with his head doing all the surgery, rehab, match conditioning n then collapsing every time he steps up to senior footy. Personally just getting to the point of uncomfortable watching everything he tries to achieve just turn to dust every time he gets to the point of grasping his opportunity.

At the time he was injured earlier this year I offered to swap my chicken legs as they'd never failed me and I really wanted him to succeed. It's amusing that he will play his first game back next week and I've just ruptured my ACL. I'm taking this as an omen that he's finally over this run of injuries. Fingers crossed!

New York Tiger said:
There's a spot for him if his body can hold up. I have faith,
it would make a great story if he can make it back.

and the tigers seem to be one of the few afl clubs capable of feel good stories these days !

The most frustrating thing about this wretched run for Chris is he still has what the side still needs some more class poise and polish through the middle to half forward and a damaging hoof. He shown it every time hes played for the Tigers and is also one of the few on our list that doesnt go weak when in front of the big sticks and takes the responsibility on.

He simply makes our forward line more dangerous hes a smart footballer and still has the class he also can go through the middle win the footy and is a great set up player because of his poise and skill.

Theres not too many not on the park right now that improve the Tigers side to the level a fit Chris Knights would.

Great to see him back on the park this week but has to be handled softly to get some run into his legs and to minimise rebound soft tissue injuries.

Running around for a half should be enough this week and fans shouldnt be expecting the dominance he normally shows at VFL level.

A successful day for Chris this week is a run around and being able to play again next week.

Club should be building him up slowly to be rip roaring to go in about 4 weeks leading into the business end and a successful seasons finish for him at senior level would likely get him another year in 2016. He is only 28 and at worst would be a great senior rookie for next season much much moreso than an Arnot or Thomas.

Good luck Chris.

How great it would be to see C Knights slotting those trademark 50 m goals and hitting up the big forwards for the Tiges in September.

Good luck Chris.
Would love to see him get a decent run at it.
If he can, he's going to be a very handy recruit towards the business end of the year.

craig said:
The most frustrating thing about this wretched run for Chris is he still has what the side still needs some more class poise and polish through the middle to half forward and a damaging hoof. He shown it every time hes played for the Tigers and is also one of the few on our list that doesnt go weak when in front of the big sticks and takes the responsibility on.

He simply makes our forward line more dangerous hes a smart footballer and still has the class he also can go through the middle win the footy and is a great set up player because of his poise and skill.

Theres not too many not on the park right now that improve the Tigers side to the level a fit Chris Knights would.

Great to see him back on the park this week but has to be handled softly to get some run into his legs and to minimise rebound soft tissue injuries.

Running around for a half should be enough this week and fans shouldnt be expecting the dominance he normally shows at VFL level.

A successful day for Chris this week is a run around and being able to play again next week.

Club should be building him up slowly to be rip roaring to go in about 4 weeks leading into the business end and a successful seasons finish for him at senior level would likely get him another year in 2016. He is only 28 and at worst would be a great senior rookie for next season much much moreso than an Arnot or Thomas.

Good luck Chris.

How great it would be to see C Knights slotting those trademark 50 m goals and hitting up the big forwards for the Tiges in September.

Agreed. With a bit of luck he has 5 good games left in him.

Will head down to the local Buddhist Temple tomorrow with an offering to the monks for a prayer to help Chris stay fit and healthy.

Strongly believe he can make a big difference to our fortunes in September.

Some AFL players have bodies that can't handle the rigours of senior football. Unfortunately Chris's body has let him down for most of his career so give him some farewell games and thanks for the commitment.

New York Tiger said:
There's a spot for him if his body can hold up. I have faith,

But does Dimma? He seemed reluctant to give him a gig earlier this year.

Fingers crossed for Chris. One of the few outside the 22 that could make a difference.