Chris Knights | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Knights

Yes lets promote him to the senior side after almost two years on the sidelines and one reasonable game against a contender for the wooden spoon and an ordinary game against Geelongs magoos.

If he is a class act why didn't he display this class against a weak opponent?

I don't believe he has fully recovered his touch and needs to force his way into the seniors by way of strong performances not the memories of strong performances from 4 years ago.

I'd be happy to see him picked but the problem for Knights is that he has very little exposed recent senior form despite an encouraging game against the Dogs in NAB 1.
He could very well struggle against the Blues if selected.

Yep, Knights is very much an unknown quantity at this stage. Do the Tigers risk playing him in round one or play him in the VFL and hope he show some form?
If it were up to me, I would play him in the forward line before Morris.

tha8ball said:
28 touches and 9 inside 50s in the vfl.....With deledio looking at copping some time off - it's time to get this bloke back in the side. All class.

Going to be an interesting selection dilemma this week, 8ball ... Knights or possibly Lennon or possibly both play if Newman is dropped alongside Lids' potential suspension.

if fit must play this guy. most dangerous player outside 50 we have on the list.

I was a fan when he was flying at the Crows. Would be a damn shame if he doesn't make it back. Fingers crossed his body holds up because class doesn't just vanish.

tigerstrang said:
Cant believe he's behind newman and gordon....

I've just finished watching the replay and must say his attack on the player with the ball was below average hence only 1 tackle all night.

If Knights can't get into this team and Newman waltzes in again... i will be very :mad: :mad: :mad:

blx said:
I've just finished watching the replay and must say his attack on the player with the ball was below average hence only 1 tackle all night.

If Knights can't get into this team and Newman waltzes in again... i will be very :mad: :mad: :mad:

Plus another :mad:

BillyJean17 said:
Worst case if lids is suspended , play him , adds plenty when i50 and is a sweet distributor of the aggot
With the game plan we've adopted this year, he'd fit in nicely.

CarnTheTiges said:
With the game plan we've adopted this year, he'd fit in nicely.
Yes , I would like to see him play. Kicks long goals which I think will fit in nicely with the game plan we seem to now have.

I suspect it is between him, Petterd, Conca( if fit) and Lennon if Lids gets suspended because I don't believe Newy will get dropped.

Sintiger said:
Yes , I would like to see him play. Kicks long goals which I think will fit in nicely with the game plan we seem to now have.

I suspect it is between him, Petterd, Conca( if fit) and Lennon if Lids gets suspended because I don't believe Newy will get dropped.
Newman can't be dropped now , that would be like admitting selecting him for round 1 was a mistake.

casper68 said:
Newman can't be dropped now , that would be like admitting selecting him for round 1 was a mistake.

Of course he can. It's not about admitting mistakes, it's about the best line up for a team based on the opponent you're playing.

tigerlove said:
Of course he can. It's not about admitting mistakes, it's about the best line up for a team based on the opponent you're playing.
he can be dropped but he won't.

I have been one of his major allies on this site but he is just not getting enough of the ball anymore. At some point we have to bite the bullet but I don't believe it will happen now, but it should.

Guys are right! Knights would have to come in for Deleido.

They won't drop Newman.

But we know who will come in for Deleido- Petterd! Plays a variety of roles and Dimma likes these sort of players.

Based on the VFL game I'd say Knights would be ahead of Petterd for a place in the 2nd round.