Chris Knights | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Knights

lamb22 said:
If you hit your targets inside 50 you don't need defensive pressure!
Mate, I was banging on about this all day. The best way to pressure backmen is get the ball and kick goals!

Long kicking could've helped counter the flooding. Dumb move to leave him out of the side. Petterd and Lambert instead :clap

I assumed VFL were playing today and that is why Knights was left out to get another game under his belt. Now I find he didn't get to play a game which I find bewildering. Surely you'd select Knights ahead of Petterd and one or two others? I'd love an explanation from the club. Is he injured?

tigerlove said:
I assumed VFL were playing today and that is why Knights was left out to get another game under his belt. Now I find he didn't get to play a game which I find bewildering. Surely you'd select Knights ahead of Petterd and one or two others? I'd love an explanation from the club. Is he injured?
The selection committee are in love with Petterd. Only reason he gets a game ahead of Knights. It's not like we need a classy, smooth moving forward who can also go into the middle, especially if Shane Edwards is out.

Needs to play is a dangerous player with the ball in his hands. We need finishers not decoy backs in the forward line.

MB78 said:
Needs to play is a dangerous player with the ball in his hands. We need finishers not decoy backs in the forward line.
But we've got Ricky Petterd. We picked him up as a rookie because Melbourne didn't want him. We used a free agency pick on Knights. Why would we want to pick him when that's the alternative?

Another good game under the belt for Chris.

BOG yesterday with 29 touches 8 clearances and a goal to go with his BOG last week.

Class player above VFL level which cant be said for plenty of others.

Knights might lack a yard in defensive footy but unlike most others in the side at the moment he just doesnt hardly waste the footy thats because he has poise and doesnt panic.

Knights also doesnt shrink when in front of the big sticks he takes it on and is one of the most accurate players on the list in front of goal, thus he converts much more often than others have been.

That alone is reason enough to be back at senior level the Tigers need players who can convert posession into score board pressure and who dont panic and can create goal assists. Also he does win the footy through the middle and makes up for his lack of raw speed with his ability to read the footy and run angles to get to the right spots this was evident last week against Essendrugs.

For mine Edwards Knights Lids and Astbury all need to be back in the Tigers senior side.

Theres at least 8 you can pick from for them to replace without issue.

Good news craig, but I bet they'll find a reason not to play him. Newman and Petterd on the other hand will both play no questions asked.

craig said:
That alone is reason enough to be back at senior level the Tigers need players who can convert posession into score board pressure and who dont panic and can create goal assists. Also he does win the footy through the middle and makes up for his lack of raw speed with his ability to read the footy and run angles to get to the right spots this was evident last week against Essendrugs.

Exactly. How the coaches don't see this is beyond me, although maybe he's just warming up in the 2nds and is now a definite IN every week from R3.......we hope.

TigerForce said:
Exactly. How the coaches don't see this is beyond me, although maybe he's just warming up in the 2nds and is now a definite IN every week from R3.......we hope.
Hope so, but probably not. He's not part of the inner circle.

Chiang Mai Tiger said:
Did you say 'ute'
th

:hihi

I don't know, someone with skills who might have been able to hit a target and slot a couple of goals might have put the game to bed early when it probably should have been.

Current form indicates Chris should be in the 1sts for round 3. We know it but we also know that the selection committee doesn't work that way and still work on the old pals method of selection.

craig said:
Another good game under the belt for Chris.

BOG yesterday with 29 touches 8 clearances and a goal to go with his BOG last week.

Class player above VFL level which cant be said for plenty of others.

For mine Edwards Knights Lids and Astbury all need to be back in the Tigers senior side.

Theres at least 8 you can pick from for them to replace without issue.
Exactly right. The changes you have given are the barest minimum. Trouble is our conservative selection committee don't see it that way

Was talking to guy at wedding who is friends with knights' parents, and apparently he was never going to play in the seniors til round 3 due to load management.

kyuss said:
Was talking to guy at wedding who is friends with knights' parents, and apparently he was never going to play in the seniors til round 3 due to load management.

Wish they would start managing Newman's load