Changes v Western Bulldogs. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Western Bulldogs.

Four weeks in the Magoos for MRJ with a simple instruction. Get as many disposals as you can. Take the premium off his use for a while? Let him practise. Let him burn 9 of 18. Not 3 of 6. Then 12 of 25. Progress the thing.

No tackling. Steals only. Get a kick.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Why would name Cotchin as an emergency unless he was going to be the sub

Reactions: 1 users
Some bold decisions here, didn't expect both Cotch and Riewoldt to be outs. I did say Sonsie was training with forwards today as maybe a way of fitting him in and come selection both Cotch and MJ demoted.
Hugo, Ryan, Clarke, Sonsie, Mansell, Cumberland, Young maybe leaves us a bit vulnerable but some people were calling for some new faces.
Not quite as confident now even though happy they are backing a few young boys in.

**I can see Bevo now, Tiger's think we are easy beats fellas, resting two triple premiership stars ;)

Reactions: 3 users
Sorry but these selection this week are just mind boggling. Think the MC been singing Pass the Dutchie in their meetings.

Ross was good last week. If anyone should have been dropped J.Graham.
MRJ the only speed we have forward of centre and the only one that applies pressure gets dropped. Mansell the headless chook gets another game.
Wet conditions or not last week on his output, Ryan doesn't deserve to get another game. Miller should have been included.
How on earth does Ralphsmith get another game!!??

Love the Sons inclusion but the others stink of pre 2017. Just baffling

On a side note. Do not like the fact that a bloke that toured another teams facilities with the mindset of leaving the club is given a free ride as opposed to a kid that has shown some quality and also been screwed with positional changes gets shafted a week after putting in a good performance.

Don’t worry.
They thought they got rid of Jesus but he came back the following week too

Can I get on that, DA? Checking... Sportsbet. Nah. TAB. Nah...

Event closes at 3pm tomorrow. I'll keep an eye on my tablet.

• Haha
Hardwick has some serious cahunas making those selections!

Rioli out is a massive oversight.

This could be a defining moment in our season.

Reactions: 1 user
Great ins
Martin, Hopper, Sonsie and Cumberland. Big tick for me

There is an argument about the outs
Ross is very stiff, Ralphsmith lucky
I would prefer MRJ to Mansell

I don’t know about Jack and Cotch being rested. Surprised both resting in the same game. It is a statement about youth of course, a vote of confidence in Ryan and Sonsie.

Reactions: 2 users
If we'd dropped Baker too, we would have dropped the only 5 guys who could handle the ball last week.

Get ready for the most turnovers of the year!
And we’ve brought in arguably the cleanest ball handler in the wet in Dusty. Hopper will be great in the conditions and Sonsie is also very clean. I’m not as opposed to the changes as most on here. On the surface Ross looked like he had a good game but he did have 7 turnovers. If I had to pick between him and Sonsie, I’d take Sonsie. Maurice is a head scratcher though as defensively he’s been sound. I’m guessing he’s heading back to the 2s just to get some ball, and some confidence back in his offence

Who’s backing Nank up as the second ruckman in the starting 22 ?

Hooch said they’re grooming Ryan Sampson as a forward (fill in for JR this week I guess) so who is it ?

Or are we planning on just one tall forward (Lynch) if Sampson goes into the ruck ? Weather a factor ?

Otherwise we seem one player short between our ruck and kpf’s this week.

Great ins
Martin, Hopper, Sonsie and Cumberland. Big tick for me

There is an argument about the outs
Ross is very stiff, Ralphsmith lucky
I would prefer MRJ to Mansell

I don’t know about Jack and Cotch being rested. Surprised both resting in the same game. It is a statement about youth of course, a vote of confidence in Ryan and Sonsie.
Cotchin I’d say is genuinely rested, wouldn’t surprise me if Jack spends a few weeks out if the forward line clicks this Saturday

Hooch said they’re grooming Ryan Sampson as a forward (fill in for JR this week I guess) so who is it ?

Or are we planning on just one tall forward (Lynch) if Sampson goes into the ruck ? Weather a factor ?

Dusty and Cumbo can both play above their height, Bolton is aerially fantastic for his size too

None of those are KPF’s.
I know that… Dimma said today Cumbo plays a similar role to Jack. Jack has played undersized as a key forward for years. Samson will spend bulk of the time up forward with small chop outs in the ruck. May need to get a bit creative with our kicking inside 50 when we’re smaller down there. Or… do we ruck Pickett? Lobb is tall but soft, Pickett could drive a knee through him at centre bounces with his leap :ROFLMAO:

Since Hooch has gone all out he should have brought in Biggie.

I worry if Nank goes down.

We're too tall IMO, brother. Samson gets 60 minutes then we sub him out if he can't handle the damp.

That said, if we can clean them up at clearance Samson will get his chance. Jones can defend but Keath and Bruce can't.

Jack Ross is the male equivalent of that 6ft plus freaky tall ugly chick that catches the bouquet at every wedding she attends but never gets married.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users