Changes v Western Bulldogs. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Western Bulldogs.

Here is some food for thought.

Young played soccer and cricket until he started playing footy seriously with North Albury in 2019, and has made an immediate impact in his two games since making his debut.

He held Darcy Fogarty to one goal in 39 minutes head-to-head and kept Taylor Walker and Riley Thilthorpe goalless, and then last week kept Brody Mihocek goalless in 104 minutes as a head-to-head match-up.
Yep Tylar is racking up very important minutes and experience.

Fast learner like Broady was.

Reactions: 1 users
Tylar is 196cm same as Tarrant and 4cm taller than Broad, so not being asked to player on 'taller' players.

Reactions: 1 user
Dimma confirmed both Samson Ryan and Noah Cumberland will play this week. I have a feeling Jack Riewoldt might be rested this week.

IN: Dusty, Hopper, Cumberland
OUT: Riewoldt, HRS, Mansell

Dimma's presser today:

WATCH:https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/1300214/-there-are-some-really-good-learnings-for-us-hardwick

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tigers 'up for the challenge' against big Dogs as star duo return

By AAP
6 April 2023

RICHMOND will welcome back refreshed stars Dustin Martin and Jacob Hopper as its undermanned backline prepares for a tall task against the Western Bulldogs on Saturday.

But the Tigers will be patient with key defender Robbie Tarrant, who played half a VFL match on return from a hip injury last week, while Josh Gibcus (hamstring) is still another month away.

It leaves Dylan Grimes, Noah Balta and two-game defender Tylar Young to take on the Bulldogs' tall timber at the MCG on Saturday.

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan kicked a career-best five goals as the Dogs broke through for their first win of the season against Brisbane last week, while Aaron Naughton and Rory Lobb are imposing figures.

"They're challenging, aren't they, tall and athletic," Hardwick said.

"Ugle-Hagan was incredible last week, Rory Lobb's capable of winning the game off his own boot and then they've got a superstar in Aaron Naughton.

"It's going to be a good challenge for our boys but they've already come up against some really quality forwards this season, so we think they'll be up for the challenge."

The return of both Hopper (knee) and Martin (hamstring) will bolster the Tigers' midfield and forward line following their round-three defeat to Collingwood.

"A week off can do wonders, both mentally and physically, so we expect both those boys to come in and be firing for a really important game," Hardwick said.

Hardwick conceded in hindsight the Tigers had brought back Jayden Short too quickly from a calf injury for round one, with the dashing defender now set to miss a second straight match.

"Once you get close to the age of 30 they (calf muscles) start to get a little bit more delicate, so we do take the extra week because they can nag," Hardwick said.

"We've just got to make sure that such an important player - a best-and-fairest winner, All-Australian squad member - is right to go."

Richmond co-captain Toby Nankervis has been on light duties but Hardwick declared the ruckman fit for a battle with Bulldog Tim English.

"General anger, I think, would be the (issue)," Hardwick offered, with a laugh.

"I try not to ask him too many questions, Nank, but no, he's just a management issue.

"It's like that at various stages throughout the season and this is one of those, so we've just got to take it easy.

"He's so important to how we play, so we just need him for weekends and he'll do a limited amount of training."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/897295/tigers-up-for-the-challenge-against-big-dogs-as-star-duo-return

• Haha
Just gotta get this mob when it's on our turf. I'd bring Ryan on as the super sub. 3 goals in the last quarter expectations. Their defenders will all be small and slow by then.

Chimp, Jack and Mozza out. Sonz in.

Mozza dropped?....yeah I can understand it.

No way. Our team selections cost us wins. It did last year and it continues this year..its going to be wet and slippery perfect conditions for Rioli.
Yeah, but I reckon he needs to find his feet a bit more. Looks like Dimma's new love in Mansell is really heating up....

Round 4, Richmond v Western Bulldogs, Saturday, April 8, 4.35pm AEDT, MCG

In:
Dustin Martin, Jacob Hopper, Tyler Sonsie
Out: Jack Ross (omitted), Jack Riewoldt (managed), Trent Cotchin (managed), Maurice Rioli (omitted)

Milestone: Kamdyn McIntosh (150 games)

BacksNoah Balta21Tylar Young45Dylan Grimes2
Half-BacksLiam Baker7Nick Vlastuin1Daniel Rioli17
CentrelineKamdyn McIntosh33Dion Prestia3Marlion Pickett50
Half-ForwardsShai Bolton29Jack Graham34Rhyan Mansell31
ForwardsSamson Ryan32Dustin Martin4Tom Lynch19
FollowersToby Nankervis25Tim Taranto14Jacob Hopper22
Interchange:Tyler Sonsie40Hugo Ralphsmith13Noah Cumberland38
Judson Clarke42
Emergencies:Trent Cotchin9Ben Miller46Jack Ross5
Maurice Rioli10

Reasonable set of changes.
Good inclusions and it'll be good to see Sonsie, Judson and Cumberland in the one team.
Short term setback for Mo Jnr - but hopefully a learning experience

Reactions: 3 users
Bloody hell....are we doing something to poor Ross?? Killing the kid's mind.

Reactions: 6 users
I feel for Ross been made the scapegoat. Was in our best 5 players last week. Happy with the other selections but torn on Sampson because of the forecast

Reactions: 1 users