Changes v Western Bulldogs. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Western Bulldogs.

Ah. #2 ruck in the wet? Anybody. Doesn't matter. Ash Johnson?

Rory Lobb in the damp? Faints if he cries. And he does a lot of all that.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Four weeks in the Magoos for MRJ with a simple instruction. Get as many disposals as you can. Take the premium off his use for a while? Let him practise. Let him burn 9 of 18. Not 3 of 6. Then 12 of 25. Progress the thing.

No tackling. Steals only. Get a kick.
Agree Jack. Seems to be running around in circles at times. He'll be back soon.

Reactions: 1 user
We're too tall IMO, brother. Samson gets 60 minutes then we sub him out if he can't handle the damp.

That said, if we can clean them up at clearance Samson will get his chance. Jones can defend but Keath and Bruce can't.
Too tall? Samson and Lynch the only forwards over 187cm

Ah. #2 ruck in the wet? Anybody. Doesn't matter. Ash Johnson?

Rory Lobb in the damp? Faints if he cries. And he does a lot of all that.
I’d ruck Pickett, he’d go straight through Lobb despite the 20cm height difference

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Cotchin I’d say is genuinely rested, wouldn’t surprise me if Jack spends a few weeks out if the forward line clicks this Saturday
I had a feeling it may be the opposite. The only reason I thought that is because Cotchin is named as an emergency.
Seems strange to rest someone and make them an emergency

I had a feeling it may be the opposite. The only reason I thought that is because Cotchin is named as an emergency.
Seems strange to rest someone and make them an emergency
Maybe they’ll put him as sub just to get his games up closer to 300?:unsure:

Too tall? Samson and Lynch the only forwards over 187cm

Wet track, monsab? One is plenty. Let the smalls wreak havoc. Smalls like Dustin Martin. Noah Cumberland.

BTW all last year sides often dropped a tall when they played us. We work the outnumber. We may sub Samson off if hes not impacting but he should get a soft matchup.

Wet track, monsab? One is plenty. Let the smalls wreak havoc. Smalls like Dustin Martin. Noah Cumberland.

BTW all last year sides often dropped a tall when they played us. We work the outnumber. We may sub Samson off if hes not impacting but he should get a soft matchup.
True but we need the big fellas to make a contest and bring the ball to ground for the smalls. We’ve got some seriously dangerous mid/small forwards, just get it inside 50 however ugly it may be would probably be the plan if it’s wet. If it dries up we need to show some more composure and lower the eyes, and for gods sake stop bombing it to Lynch 1 vs 3

Managing Chimp….but named as an Emergency ? Huh ?
Sub probably, otherwise it’d be weird having him named in the emergencies. Keep ticking over the games, 300 in reach. Did it with Shedda for a game last year

....and why would he be the SUB if he were being "Managed" ? :unsure:

I'm missing something in the interpretation of "managed" I guess !

How you are listed impacts on whether or not you get paid. For example out injured gets you paid until you return, 'rested' paid, 'omitted' no pay.

'Managed' wasn't in vogue in my day but I'm assuming it is similar to rested. I'm not sure if the sub gets paid full whack or not.

Re the selections though I am officially declaring I have no idea as to what our strategy is. No-one needs a rest after 3 weeks, and certainly not seasoned bodies like those two.

We've also removed the only person capable of delivering what was our greatest strength and is now becoming a weakness.

It's a bizarre team.

Reactions: 4 users
Maybe, but in that case he has been dropped not rested
Nah, wouldn’t be dropped. He’s been playing well! Maybe he’s sore after a wet game? Plus, its an eye to the 6 day break against the swans