Changes v Western Bulldogs. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Western Bulldogs.

So Dusty and Hopper available. Short not. Assuming Cumbo fit despite on restricted duties. Also assuming damp conditions.

In: Martin, Hopper Sonsie, Cumberland
Out: Mansell, Rioli jnr, Ryan, Clarke

Clarke sub

Is this game seriously sold out?
On ticketek trying to upgrade 2 memberships, happy to pay little extra...
"There aren't enough tickets to meet your demand .. "

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I think thats what will push him to the 2's. To work on getting involved more offensively. Defensively he has been good, but given us pretty much nothing going the other way. I suspect we will look to give him until we get our 1st choice defense back (add Tarrant and Broad) and then move him to the 2's with the aim to develop his ball use and involvement when we have the footy.

His defense is good which is his 1 wood, we now need to see if we can add a few more clubs to the bag.

Young may not have the stats of much more experienced players at the moment but so what. He has played some attacking footy that has included long disposal to advantage, and shown that he is not just a spoiler. No clangers?

Linking Tarrant and Broad, who still has plenty left in the tank, looks a bit of a stretch.

Young may not have the stats of much more experienced players at the moment but so what. He has played some attacking footy that has included long disposal to advantage, and shown that he is not just a spoiler.

Linking Tarrant and Broad, who still has plenty left in the tank, looks a bit of a stretch.

I was only linking them as he is competing with them for a spot. Its not an unheard of concept to expose players to AFL footy and then move them back to continue to develop their overall game.

Once Broad and Tarrant are fit, I would expect the club to move to their best defense which for talls would be Tarrant, Balta, Grimes and Broad, with Vlastuin and the smalls around them.

Thats no slight on Young, he has been good, but I think he will be a long term replacement for Grimes. At the moment, he's being asked to play on taller players and I suspect we will move back to the first choice talls when they are available.

Finally ticketek is throwing some tix at me.
Upgrade adult, $43
Upgrade junior, $20

Select.... grand total $172.50..... WTF... getting impossible to go to the games...

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
Finally ticketek is throwing some tix at me.
Upgrade adult, $43
Upgrade junior, $20

Select.... grand total $172.50..... WTF... getting impossible to go to the games...
Just turn up for free with membership (assuming you have one) There will be seats everywhere - wet / doggies.

I’m AFL and just go to 2a at quarter time and sit in the empty seats there instead of paying $150 for them. Did this round 1 too lol.

AFL/MCG/Ticketek Acting like any corporate does and rent seeking by restricting supply. 50k in 100k ground means half the seats are empty.

Reactions: 7 users
Just turn up for free with membership (assuming you have one) There will be seats everywhere - wet / doggies.

I’m AFL and just go to 2a at quarter time and sit in the empty seats there instead of paying $150 for them. Did this round 1 too lol.

AFL/MCG/Ticketek Acting like any corporate does and rent seeking by restricting supply. 50k in 100k ground means half the seats are empty.

Agree i am only a GA member but will just scan in and find a seat, i only upgrade for the blockbuster games.

Reactions: 6 users
GA family passes are only $40 too
2 x adults and 2 x kids.
Bargain.

Reactions: 1 users
Yep basically wait until halfway through the first quarter and just scan where there are empty seats. At quarter time they don't check tickets so you are golden. Makes it a bit interesting too as you get a different view every week.

I guess if you really want a specific seat you have to pay up.

Reactions: 2 users
if Ryan is dropped

and Riewoldt plays

and we lose

the Great Middling is on

like Donkey Kong

carter; conjuror of premiership

Keep shooting for the plural brother

Reactions: 1 user
I was only linking them as he is competing with them for a spot. Its not an unheard of concept to expose players to AFL footy and then move them back to continue to develop their overall game.

Once Broad and Tarrant are fit, I would expect the club to move to their best defense which for talls would be Tarrant, Balta, Grimes and Broad, with Vlastuin and the smalls around them.

Thats no slight on Young, he has been good, but I think he will be a long term replacement for Grimes. At the moment, he's being asked to play on taller players and I suspect we will move back to the first choice talls when they are available.
I understand what you think.

Why so much? I'm AFL members and got level 2 for $11 upgrade.
This week? Or in round 1/3? I didn't get to see as they were already all sold by the time I got on so I'm just guessing what it would cost for 4 people.

Right now I put Miller way ahead of Young despite his apparent confidence problem. If only he gets over that hurdle we would have a player
Here is some food for thought.

Young played soccer and cricket until he started playing footy seriously with North Albury in 2019, and has made an immediate impact in his two games since making his debut.

He held Darcy Fogarty to one goal in 39 minutes head-to-head and kept Taylor Walker and Riley Thilthorpe goalless, and then last week kept Brody Mihocek goalless in 104 minutes as a head-to-head match-up.

Reactions: 7 users
He held Darcy Fogarty to one goal in 39 minutes head-to-head and kept Taylor Walker and Riley Thilthorpe goalless, and then last week kept Brody Mihocek goalless in 104 minutes as a head-to-head match-up.

Tylar Young stays in the senior team - this is incredible for such a raw player.