Changes v Western Bulldogs. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Western Bulldogs.

BTW I'm not saying that Jacks some young spring chicken, he has certainly lost a bit of speed (not that he had a great deal to start with) but his smarts allow him to create leading patterns that provide seperation (he doesn't get as much seperation in long down the line kicks) so he relies on good ball use into the F50 to make use of his leading patterns. That worked ok last week, they burnt him in Round 1 and it was hard to see last night how that worked for him. I think he had a down game last night, but some of that was problem the hard defensive run Collingwood did to close up any space in our F50.

Jack can get to the contests. My god you've been repeating the same thing since Round 1. Do you go to games? I think I remember you watch most on the TV (but I could be wrong) but I always trust my eyes more than whatever is shown on our TV screens. Jack is fine at getting to contests but it depends on the ball coming in. Against Carlton in particular, the ball use was horrible, he was burnt at least 3 or 4 times by bad ball use. Then against Adelaide he kicks 2.2 and it should have been 4.0 as 2 were shanked kicks. Last night he seemed a bit down, but I won't crucify him as I wasn't there and didn't see it live to see his positioning in the forward line (you cannot see that on TV).

Ryan will get games this year. I'm not sure Miller will hit the scoreboard enough, just doesn't have the confidence when inside 50.

Young has been given a go but is more a Grimes type (Caesar has been saying this for some time). I suspect once Tarrant comes back he will be back in, Young probably stays until Broad returns, but may well then find himself back in the VFL for a bit.

Jack has played nowhere near as poorly as you claim, to be talking about dropping him for players that are untried in the forward line. They may do it, if they decide to go with a different mix, but I don't see it. Jack will play most of the year in the AFL, probably get used to it.
I attend all Melb games. And then usually come home and watch replays. Bed this morning at 3.
Think as you like.

Anticipating that Hopper and Martin will be available and Gibcus, Short, Smith, Tarrant, and of course Broad and Colina, will not.
Settle.
We were well done by the pies who won it with better system, speed and disposal. Can't settle all of those in one hit but some failings are pretty obvious, with some specific difficulties able to be addressed immediately.

Out Riewoldt and Ryan (couldn't get it) managed and Ralphsmith, Mansell, and Rioli M Jr (couldn't kick it), relegated.

In Green*, Hopper, Martin, Miller and Sonsie.

B Young Balta Vlastuin
HB Green Grimes Rioli D,
C McIntosh Hopper Pickett
HF Bolton Graham Baker
F Cumberland Martin Lynch
R Nankervis Taranto Prestia
I/C Clarke Cotchin Miller and Sonsie
Sub Ross.
Like most of it but unfortunately can’t move Baker he was great at HB.
I would olay Ross and manage Cotch for a week off - maybe

Reactions: 1 users
988A1E84-FC79-4460-9AEA-EE4E9CC652E5.jpegIns: Dusty, Hopper, Short and Sonsie
Out: Cotch (rested) Jack (rested) Maurice (omitted) Hugo (omitted)

Ross to be sub. Dusty and shai need to play more on ball for some class.

Reactions: 3 users
In: Dusty Hoops Shorty Sonz
Out: Ross Ralphy Samson Juddy

B: Grimes Balta Young
HB: Prince Tigga Bakes
C: Marlion Taranto KMac
HF: Shai Lynch Dusty
F: MoJu Jack Cumbo
R: Nank Hoops Dion
I: Sonz Graham Shorty Chimp
S: Mansell

I don’t like losing Clarke and Ralphsmith so soon.

I’d consider losing Mansell and Graham before those two.

We need youth and spark and your team, while extremely likely, is also quite one-paced and stodgy

Reactions: 1 user
In: Dusty Hoops Shorty Sonz
Out: Ross Ralphy Samson Juddy

B: Grimes Balta Young
HB: Prince Tigga Bakes
C: Marlion Taranto KMac
HF: Shai Lynch Dusty
F: MoJu Jack Cumbo
R: Nank Hoops Dion
I: Sonz Graham Shorty Chimp
S: Mansell
To slow I reckon.

I don’t like losing Clarke and Ralphsmith so soon.

I’d consider losing Mansell and Graham before those two.

We need youth and spark and your team, while extremely likely, is also quite one-paced and stodgy
Graham? Come on Carts you aren’t being serious.

apart from a couple of list inclusions back from injury what I would like to see is the tackle count go through the roof in our forward line.We have been behind in this regard for every game this year.Today the Suns won the count 14 to 5.Not surprising the best team of the century lost today.

Ins: Dusty, Hopper, Short
Outs: Mansell, Ralphsmith, Clarke,

^Would like to see Sonsie come in also. Adds polish and class, will go hand in hand with Cumberland who possesses the skill, good decision making, and pace. Looking at the team the only 2 players that I see that could come out are Ross who didn't do anything wrong (23 disposals), and Graham who was pretty poor. 14 disposals is just not good enough for the role he's playing. Hybrid Fwd/Mid, he ain't no Kane Lambert.

If I had to rate our midfield and sml/med forwards who roll through the midfield id have it as;

Taranto,
Hopper,
Prestia,
Cotchin.
Dusty,
Bolton,
Baker,
Sonsie,
Graham,
Ross

Graham and Ross 9th and 10th, both lack leg speed and should be depth.

Last edited:
Graham? Come on Carts you aren’t being serious.

what has graham done for us lately aces? looks slow. very poor game against collingwood and is inconsistent, a bad trait I reckon

on his day is a solid player, no doubt. but can we do better in 2023 with a kid who has a higher ceiling?

IN: Martin, Hopper, Sonsie
OUT: Riewoldt, Cotchin, Ross

Baker Young Grimes
Rioli Balta Vlastuin
McIntosh Hopper Pickett
MRJ Cumberland Martin
Bolton Lynch Ryan
Nankervis Taranto Prestia
Sonsie Graham Ralphsmith Clarke
SUB: Mansell

There's your winning combo.

Experience, flair, speed, hardness, polish.

Last edited:
what has graham done for us lately aces? looks slow. very poor game against collingwood and is inconsistent, a bad trait I reckon

on his day is a solid player, no doubt. but can we do better in 2023 with a kid who has a higher ceiling?
Dont judge him on one game Carts. He was very good against Carlton and Adelaide.

Reactions: 4 users
Dont judge him on one game Carts. He was very good against Carlton and Adelaide.

This week will solidify the form line one way or another.

I feel like there’s a ton of pressure for spots, considering our VFL form and apparent depth.

Can only be a good thing.

This week will solidify the form line one way or another.

I feel like there’s a ton of pressure for spots, considering our VFL form and apparent depth.

Can only be a good thing.
Assuming all of Martin, Hopper and Short come back this week, selection will be very interesting. But I can bet you that Graham wont be dropped. Zero chance.

Assuming all of Martin, Hopper and Short come back this week, selection will be very interesting. But I can bet you that Graham wont be dropped. Zero chance.
Someone said Shorty is missing another week.

On Graham, his history of selection is actually not far from my own estimation of him (fringe)

He’s been dropped a couple of times, let’s not forget. His best is good enough, it’s just a matter of consistency.

Agree. Graham is playing HFF which he has a limited ceiling for. I'd like to see Clarke play there for a couple of weeks instead.