Changes v Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Saints

BrisTiger24 said:
Sounds like N Riewoldt is real doubt for this game. Feel so sorry for him given the magnitude of the game.

Same, normally would be happy for him to miss as he such a gun player, but given the circumstances would be a shame for him to miss

tigerlove said:
Ivan won't be rested. Griffiths won't be ready. With Vickery out it looks like we'll have Hampson and Ivan in. Hampson most likely will play predominantly forward. Morris/Gordon/Newman will live for another game. Will be interesting to see who gets to take Edward's spot.
I think they'll play Maric to replace Vickery and then there's still a spot open (Edwards :() I'd fill that with McBean. Hampson provides back up support for Ivan in the ruck, something that McBean can't yet do at senior level. It allows Liam to spend most of the game forward. I just wish C. Ellis was fully fit so we could drop at least one of Newman, Morris and Gordon.

If the team committee want three tall forwards then

In maric mcbean Mcdonough
Out Vickery edwards morris

If they are happy with Jack and a resting ruckman up forward:

In maric Mcdonough (or some other mid)
Out Vickery edwards

BrisTiger24 said:
Sounds like N Riewoldt is real doubt for this game. Feel so sorry for him given the magnitude of the game.

One of the RARE times I would like him not to miss vs Richmond. Has to be a team first approach, a calf is not an injury you can play through the pain/tape up etc.

tigerlove said:
Ivan won't be rested. Griffiths won't be ready. With Vickery out it looks like we'll have Hampson and Ivan in. Hampson most likely will play predominantly forward. Morris/Gordon/Newman will live for another game. Will be interesting to see who gets to take Edward's spot.
Good post

I'll have a crack at this, considering the venue and opposition:

IN: Menadue, Maric

OUT: Gordon, Vickery

Would like to see McBean but I'm not convinced they'll pull the trigger.

Carter said:
I'll have a crack at this, considering the venue and opposition:

OUT: Gordon, Vickery

Would like to see McBean but I'm not convinced they'll pull the trigger.
Not disagreeing with your outs and ins Carter, but Edwards?

Take two:

OUT: Edwards, Vickery

Gordon for Knights IF Chris can play at least a half as sub.

OUT: Morris.Newman,Edwards,Vickery
IN : McDonough,Lennon,Maric,Knights (sub)

Please let this happen

Knights likely wont be back up for senior selection until he plays at least another 2 full games in the VFL.

He is more than likely being brought along to minimise rebound soft tissue injuries and to get miles in the legs come August hence his so far staggered game time.

He may yet have an important contribution to make this season and next (1 year extension if he can get through the rest of the season injury free).

Cant pick Knights to play only a half as sub. If we cop an injury early, he'd then need to play the majority of the game ala Lids against North.

Either he is fit to play the entire match, or he continues to build form and fitness in the 2s.

DirtyDogTiger said:
The preview of the game on the afl. app is gold.
One of they points starts talking about how Ivan and hammer will handle lobb and downie with mumford missing

Looks like the work experience kid did a copy and paste from the preview of round 14.

YinnarTiger said:
Looks like the work experience kid did a copy and paste from the preview of round 14.

Same kid who had Tomic playing in the "Hall of Shame" tournament :hihi

If Griff doesn't play this week, Hampson needs to play, we cant go in with only 1 ruckman.

Wildride said:
From dimmas dissection, it sounds like both hampson and maric will play thid week.
Unless one of them gets injured between now and the game I'd say that both will definitely play.