Changes v Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Saints

jb03 said:
Maric will replace Vickery and Hampson will start forward.

We will get killed on the rebound if that happens. I'd bring in McBean or Astbury and play Lids as a third tall forward.

St Kevin said:
We will get killed on the rebound if that happens. I'd bring in McBean or Astbury and play Lids as a third tall forward.
McBeAn maybe but Astbury is too slow. Lids has been playing up forward anyway.

In Lennon, McCartney, maric
Out vickery, Hampson, titch

From all accounts, Hampson very stiff to miss out, but cannot see two giraffes in the same side. Perhaps maric via the seconds?

pervian said:
Seems like a danger game to me they tore the Bummers apart and not sure Rance is a good match up on Bruce

why not?
Rance is strong enough to play on Cloke and Hawkins.
Quick and agile enough to play on Franklin and Cameron.
Bruce is having a goof year, but what has he got that Rance cant match?

the bigger worry is that Rance will play on Nick R (if he is fit) leaving Chaplin or Batchelor to play on Bruce.

jb03 said:
Maric will replace Vickery and Hampson will start forward.

Then we could break a record this week then, most behinds kicked........................

Out: TV, Edwards, Morris/Newman
in: Maric, McBean, McD.

i wouldnt usually have Hampson and Maric together but without TV and Griff and with Hampson playing well last week i would do it this week.
McBean is in because we need another tall goal kicking option.
and McD because he is the closest replacement we have for ShEd. a goal kicker who can go into the centre.

RFC web site states that Griff will be assessed later on in the week so has a chance to play so maybe all is not lost what with TV being crucified by the MRP. Would prefer to see him in as a forward / ruck than Hampson for all the good work he did at the weekend.

UKTiger said:
RFC web site states that Griff will be assessed later on in the week so has a chance to play so maybe all is not lost what with TV being crucified by the MRP. Would prefer to see him in as a forward / ruck than Hampson for all the good work he did at the weekend.

Also Ellis may play this week, did not say if it would be AFL or VFL. You would think with it being a hip flexor injury that he will have been able to continue with endurance work but not so much of the movement work so may still have kept his fitness levels up whilst he was out injured. Would be awesome to get his class back in the forward half.

Owt - Hampson, Vickery, Edwards, Morris
Inn - Maric, McBean, McDonough, Lennon

If Griffiths not fit ,then Astbury or Elton (are they both fit?) Don't like Maric and Hampson in at the same time.

I'd play Corey Ellis as the sub.

OUT : Vickery, Edwards, Morris. Newman

IN: McBean, McDonough, Lennon, Ellis.

Would rest Ivan another week.

Ivan won't be rested. Griffiths won't be ready. With Vickery out it looks like we'll have Hampson and Ivan in. Hampson most likely will play predominantly forward. Morris/Gordon/Newman will live for another game. Will be interesting to see who gets to take Edward's spot.

There's a case to say our midfield might get better opportunities from hammer, who can get the chop out from Iyvan.
Both hammer and Iyvan need to Clunk a couple of mark-kick-goal efforts when resting forward

Mcbean (or maybe astbury) and riewoldt up forward

Yeah same . Agree. Jack would want him playing no doubt.

Not such bad news for Chaplin/ batch on the other hand.