Changes V Pies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Pies

TigerMasochist said:
Better than Vickery, Lloyd n Newman.

Definitely been drinking the Beansters bath water Carts, did you forget about Newy having been clubs strong captain during a very destabilised period in the clubs history? Did you not read the glowing tributes from Cotch n Dimma in recent days praising Newy's driving of standards n culture around the club over the years.

Getting easier to have rational discussions with zippers n scooty lately compared with your irrational comments regarding the Beanster.

desperate eh TM?

if you want to tease away less than 0.01% of my argument and dispute that, feel free.

yes, Newman's leadership skills are more advanced than McBean's.

McBean has shown more leadership than Vickery and Lloyd combined. Some of Vickery's behaviour (and I have seen it at close hand in the VFL) is bordering on childish.

Next?

Tigers of Old said:
In some areas this is probably true. Dimma clearly prefer a more traditional team balance. IMO Ty is ahead in that KPF/Ruck role for now.

That said I will certainly be interested to see how Vickery goes tomorrow against better opposition. Beating up on undersized GC defenders doesn't see him out of the woods yet.

Agree Tooheys.

We may disagree on this but I can see that you're prepared to look beyond the simplistic arguments of some on here.

rosy23 said:
So must be whatever you're using as your scale of comparison.

what, multiple seasons?

i suppose that length of time is amazingly small if you compare it to geologic time. a drop in the ocean at that scale.

I can see immense talent in McBean but guess he is Jack's understudy. I was bewildered last week that he didn't come in and play the Griffiths role, however for whatever reason Lloyd was chosen and then took his chances. You could not drop Lloyd after last weeks performance.

Tigers of Old said:
Is he a better key forward than Vickery? Not yet.
Is he a better small forward than Lloyd? Lloyd has shown he's a very good opportunist.
Is he a better mid sized forward than Lennon or Lids? No.
Is he a better mobile tall forward than Jack? No.

I've no doubt McBean isn't being picked because of team balance.
He won't make it in the AFL as a crumbing 202cm tall. His best bet is to usurp Vickery/Griffiths but quite frankly he's not strong enough to do that yet.

Forget this year for the Bean Carts. He has to hit the gym over pre season and get stronger in the contest. Improve contested marking and ruck work.
Beat Rance one on one at training ;) and force his way into the senior side in 2016.

ToO agree with most of that, and agree 100% because of Beanies skill set he isn't getting a run due to balance, once he improves a few areas he will be a very valuable part of the team, partly due to his unique skill set, lets hope its 2016.

Tiller said:
I can see immense talent in McBean but guess he is Jack's understudy. I was bewildered last week that he didn't come in and play the Griffiths role, however for whatever reason Lloyd was chosen and then took his chances. You could not drop Lloyd after last weeks performance.
Choco said at a 3121 meeting that if players make their goals,they get a game that's why Morris played,he ticked the boxes that the coaches wanted.

smasha said:
Choco said at a 3121 meeting that if players make their goals,they get a game that's why Morris played,he ticked the boxes that the coaches wanted.

Surely not Smasha, that would put to bed all the discussion and 100s of pages on many different topics about Dimmas favorites and MC lost at selection etc....

Far to sensible and rationale approach for mine...

Tigertough1974 said:
Surely not Smasha, that would put to bed all the discussion and 100s of pages on many different topics about Dimmas favorites and MC lost at selection etc....

Far to sensible and rationale approach for mine...

depend on what the goals are

Carter said:
what, multiple seasons?

Your track record over multiple seasons isn't that crash hot Carter. About on a par with scooty's rumours.

Jacko should be sacked and never play again (half way through his B&F season) ....Fail
Hardwick should be sacked as coach (he's got the team travelling ok)........Fail
Lost at the selection table (we won)......Fail
McBean better than Vickery (got to do it in the seniors....Maybe you should get off Liam's case to give him more hope of succeeding.

rosy23 said:
Your track record over multiple seasons isn't that crash hot Carter. About on a par with scooty's rumours.

Jacko should be sacked and never play again (half way through his B&F season) ....Fail
Hardwick should be sacked as coach (he's got the team travelling ok)........Fail
Lost at the selection table (we won)......Fail
McBean better than Vickery (got to do it in the seniors....Maybe you should get off Liam's case to give him more hope of succeeding.

this is what you come up with when I rightly call you out on a ridiculous statement?

garbage?

I said Jacko was a dud when he was playing like a dud. He came good and I said he was playing very, very well.

I said Hardwick was a dud when he blew our top four chance in 2013 and blew our chance at a strong flag tilt when he had us 3-10 in 2014. He righted the ship earlier this season after yet another poor start. We haven't won any finals yet so the jury is out. I happen to think we play a good brand at the moment.

All this 'lost at selection table' is tripe. We will never know how much better we could've been this season with the likes of McBean, Lennon, etc. promoted earlier. Perhaps top four eh?

So that's what ya got?

When people try and list vague arguments from the past in order to somehow back their current argument, you know they've already lost.

Way to argue, Rosy. You should join your local debating team. :hihi

Mc bean is better than Vickery already?

Come on carter, your better than that. Surely you can see there is zero logic in that. If where true we could Judge both on there performance in the Seniors.

He has to kick a Goal in the big time for a start. He should have kicked a goal in two appearances if he was a better player than Ty. In those games he took 2 and 3 grabs. Thats = to ty's worst performance all year He has snagged 8 in a game on one occasion.

Your eyes are judging him on talent and potential which nobody has a problem with. But on pure output, Ty is a far superior player right now. He has actual stats to prove that, not just your imagination as evidence.

ninjahaha said:
If where true we could Judge both on there performance in the Seniors.

This is what I'm talkin' about Ninja.

Blinkered vision.

We've talked about team balance, we've talked about pecking order, we've talked about work off the ball.

Any one of these might be the reason he hasn't played more than six quarters. You'd need to ask Dimma.

In terms of footballing ability, you know, the old fashioned kind where you've gotta read the play, find the ball and do something with it, McBean beats Vickery hands down.

Carter said:
this is what you come up with when I rightly call you out on a ridiculous statement?

garbage.

I said Jacko was a dud when he was playing like a dud. He came good and I said he was playing very, very well.

I said Hardwick was a dud when he blew our top four chance in 2013 and blew our chance at a strong flag tilt when he had us 3-10. He righted the ship earlier this season after yet another poor start. We haven't won any finals yet so the jury is out. I happen to think we play a good brand at the moment.

All this 'lost at selection table' is tripe. We will never know how much better we could've been this season with the likes of McBean, Lennon, etc. promoted earlier. Perhaps top four eh?

So that's what ya got?

When people try and list vague arguments from the past in order to somehow back their current argument, you know they've already lost.

Way to argue, Rosy. You should join your local debating team. :hihi

You wanted Jacko sacked never to play again. That's different to calling him a dud. He polled ok throughout the season long before you gave him credit.

You wanted DH gone.

As for the lost at the selection table you made that comment before a specific game...a game which we won.

Carter said:
another game lost at the selection table.

good.

someone get this poindexter outta there.

You can bring in all the red herrings you like but your track record isn't that crash hot when you jump on a case. For Liam's sake maybe you should ease off a bit. ;)

Surely a key fwd is Judged on Goals and marks as part of that football ability? We aren't talking about on ballers here.

As a key FWD Ty is mile ahead of tyrone. At this moment in time! Oh and as a second ruck also. Liam has zero taps. Ty has not had zero hit outs all year. 1 being his worst, 15 his best in his next game. More often than not reach 5-10.

rosy23 said:
You wanted Jacko sacked never to play again. That's different to calling him a dud. He polled ok throughout the season long before you gave him credit.

You wanted DH gone.

As for the lost at the selection table you made that comment before a specific game...a game which we won.

You can bring in all the red herrings you like but your track record isn't that crash hot when you jump on a case. For Liam's sake maybe you should ease off a bit. ;)

The Jacko call wasn't far into the season and he was playing like a big, fat dud.

Dude you're the one who introduced these red herrings, not me.

You still haven't successfully argued why you think McBean should be assessed on one game of VFL football.

And why Vickery has suddenly turned the corner after four goals against a rabble at the MCG.

But nice attempt at deflecting. It didn't work because it was way too lazy :hihi

Either argue the point or concede you're way off the mark.

ninjahaha said:
As a key FWD Ty is mile ahead of tyrone. At this moment in time!

ridiculous statement considering their performances.

mcbean can only perform at VFL because that's where he has been played.

Don't be weak Carts.

You wanted Dimma out of the club and said so explicitly. Don't try to weasel out of it. As for claiming you can read Dimma's mind, leave the ESP out. None of us know that but we can clearly see he values Ty and Lloyd in the team more than McaBean right now.. The argument is simple, empirical, and proves you wrong. The day Dimma drops Vickery for the Bean is the day you can say - on form - Bean is better and offers more to the team than Ty. On that day.

No telepathy required.

McBean's potential may be more than Vickery's. We don't know yet.

Good news is whenever you make one of these grand metaphysical Ty vs Liam statements Ty usually kicks a bag full... So thanks for taking yet another hit for the team bro.

antman said:
Don't be weak Carts.

You wanted Dimma out of the club and said so explicitly. Don't try to weasel out of it. As for claiming you can read Dimma's mind, leave the ESP out. None of us know that but we caj clearly see he values Ty and Lloyd in the team more than McaBean right now.. The argument is being, empirical, and proves you wrong. The day Dimma drops Vickery for the Bean is the day you can say - on form - Bean is better and offers more to the team than Ty. On that day.

No telepathy required.

McBean's potential may be more than Vickery's. We don't know yet.

Good news is whenever you make one of these grand metaphysical Ty vs Liam statements Ty usually kicks a bag full... So thanks for taking yet another hit for the team bro.

yawn.

as usual, not much content.

ok, you're saying that McBean will be better than Vickery AS SOON as he is elevated at Ty's expense.

incredible.

you just confirmed your status dude.

Carter said:
ridiculous statement considering their performances.

mcbean can only perform at VFL because that's where he has been played.

If as you say he is better than ty right now, then in the two games he has played he would have to be better than ty.

You can't have it both ways. Liam has actual perforce to judge him on. Was he better than ty in those games?

ninjahaha said:
If as you say he is better than ty right now, then in the two games he has played he would have to be better than ty.

You can't have it both ways. Liam has actual perforce to judge him on. Was he better than ty in those games?

any chance Liam could get more than six quarters Ninj :hihi