Changes V Pies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Pies

The Jacko call wasn't far into the season and he was playing like a big, fat dud.

Jacko - like everyone else - played a few dud games.
But IMO he was never a dud player.
I can't be bothered searching, but I recall saying years ago that I'm looking forward to Jacko being our 22nd best player; because we'll be playing finals.
But that never happened.
We played finals and he was a key to our mid field grunt.
What would we give in 2015 to have a Jacko clone in today's midfield?

Carter said:
The Jacko call wasn't far into the season and he was playing like a big, fat dud.

Dude you're the one who introduced these red herrings, not me.

You still haven't successfully argued why you think McBean should be assessed on one game of VFL football.

And why Vickery has suddenly turned the corner after four goals against a rabble at the MCG.

But nice attempt at deflecting. It didn't work because it was way too lazy :hihi

Either argue the point or concede you're way off the mark.

Don't worry. Your track record speaks for itself. People can see it for exactly what it's been in the examples given.

I don't think VFL is really the way to assess players. I mentioned last week's games because you claimed Liam is better than Ty and it was a game many wanted Liam selected for. We don't know what the coaches want from players before they get a regular call up. Hopefully whatever it is results in a better player long term.

Senior performance is a better than VFL to me. Liam played 2 games and didn't really stake his claim. He certainly didn't live up to what some led us to expect. If his form warranted it he probably would have got more than 6 quarters and stayed in the team.

rosy23 said:
Don't worry. Your track record speaks for itself. People can see it for exactly what it's been in the examples given.

I don't think VFL is really the way to assess players. I mentioned last week's games because you claimed Liam is better than Ty and it was a game many wanted Liam selected for. We don't know what the coaches want from players before they get a regular call up. Hopefully whatever it is results in a better player long term.

Senior performance is a better than VFL to me. Liam played 2 games and didn't really stake his claim. He certainly didn't live up to what some led us to expect. If his form warranted it he probably would have got more than 6 quarters and stayed in the team.

I called you out on your claim that McBean should be assessed on one game of VFL footy and two games of AFL footy.

He did everything he was asked to do in the Collingwood game. His debut, no less.

If you don't want to argue the point directly, that's fine.

If you would rather shitcan what I've said in the past instead, that's also fine.

You have a history of dodging arguments in this way.

Not very courageous is it?

Carter said:
any chance Liam could get more than six quarters Ninj :hihi

Your missing the point bud.

You say liam>than ty? Yes

If that is true

In those 6 q's his performance must be > than ty's performance. Otherwise your statement that liam is better than ty is false?

Until his performance is better than ty's he cannot be better than ty?

Like you say liam needs more than 6 quarters to become a AFL footballer. Ty regardless of you opinion of him is way past that point.

in conclusion. On actual AFL performance at this moment in time. Tyrone is a better Key FWD and 2nd Ruck than Liam.

ninjahaha said:
Your missing the point bud.

You say liam>than ty? Yes

If that is true

In those 6 q's his performance must be > than ty's performance. Otherwise your statement that liam is better than ty is false?

Until his performance is better than ty's he cannot be better than ty?

Like you say liam needs more than 6 quarters to become a AFL footballer. Ty regardless of you opinion of him is way past that point.

in conclusion. On actual AFL performance at this moment in time. Tyrone is a better Key FWD and 2nd Ruck than Liam.

this makes zero sense.

liam is better than Ty. take it to the bank mate :hihi

Carter said:
yawn.

as usual, not much content.

ok, you're saying that McBean will be better than Vickery AS SOON as he is elevated at Ty's expense.

incredible.

you just confirmed your status dude.

Don't really care about my "status", real or perceived. I just come here and write stuff.

PS Ty's in the team - Liam ain't. Even for a football non-expert of low status like myself this is a strong clue as to who Dimma prefers.

antman said:
Don't really care about my "status", real or perceived. I just come here and write stuff.

PS Ty's in the team - Liam ain't. Even for a football non-expert of low status like myself this is a strong clue as to who Dimma prefers.

when are you going to realize that who Dimma prefers and who is the better player are completely different things?

Carter said:
quoted for hilarious content. :clap

Come on bud. All joke's aside.

Rosy deserves respect. You like a bit of banter and some footy debate. She puts in a heap of work for that to happen.

Miss quoting other's to make them look silly is one thing.

But Rosy is one poster that you should give more respect to than that.

She has more than earned it.

ninjahaha said:
Come on bud. All joke's aside.

Rosy deserves respect. You like a bit of banter and some footy debate. She puts in a heap of work for that to happen.

Miss quoting other's to make them look silly is one thing.

But Rosy is one poster that you should give more respect to than that.

She has more than earned it.

I like the banter. And she does a heap of work.

But she's still wrong.

Carter said:
Lol at the simplicity of the club's defenders on here.

I know that McBean is better than Vickery, Newman and Lloyd.

Dimma knows that McBean is better than Vickery, Newman and Lloyd.

So why isn't he picked?

Could be a number of things. Attitude. Pecking order. Versatility. Match ups. Tactics.

I think one of the main reasons is the fact that we only really play 1-2 guys in overtly offensive positions at any given time during a game. I concede that Liam may be struggling with defensive positioning.

But there is no doubt that McBean is better than those three players I mentioned. Our forward line will look so much more dangerous when he's in.
Look, I admire your defence of LM and I believe he's getting marked hard but you can't say you "know he's better than Lloyd, Vickery, Newman". You might think that but you can't know it.

Carter said:
when are you going to realize that who Dimma prefers and who is the better player are completely different things?

Probably at or around the same time as you get off your high horse and stop telling us what Dimma thinks, how to judge players, what low status individuals we are for not agreeing with you and patting you on the back for being so high status.

I'm guessing not for a while.

tigertim said:
Look, I admire your defence of LM and I believe he's getting marked hard but you can't say you "know he's better than Lloyd, Vickery, Newman". You might think that but you can't know it.

semantics Tim, but yes you're quite right.

antman said:
Probably at or around the same time as you get off your high horse and stop telling us what Dimma thinks, how to judge players, what low status individuals we are for not agreeing with you and patting you on the back for being so high status.

question dodged then?

antman said:

Thought you were describing yourself for a moment there ;D

C'mon Cartwheels, can't you see Beano's been shifted to the pocket? It's all about ReeceMac from now. :hihi

TigerForce said:
C'mon Cartwheels, can't you see Beano's been shifted to the pocket? It's all about ReeceMac from now. :hihi

righto TF, the mack truck looks very promising ;D

taztiger4 said:
Geez Carter I sit with Liam's dad at most games & even he isn't that deluded or parochial
Does he mention anything about where Liam has been told he is at? Hopefully he is aware of what he needs to work on so that when he takes the step up to the seniors he has already worked out these weaknesses.

Carter said:
righto TF, the mack truck looks very promising ;D

If I get the chance from December, I'll look forward to go and watch a big pre-season from Beano to build the tank as 2016 should be the year to start selling himself more. Same with ReeceMac. After Jack, we could have a real Batman and Robin in attack.