Changes V Pies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes V Pies

Carter said:

What I would like to see is better reward for VFL form.

Surely McBean can do what Newmo is doing but more?

4 touches 0 goals. Liam's time will come but not warranted as a reward this week in place of Newmo.

rosy23 said:
4 touches 0 goals. Liam's time will come but not warranted as a reward this week in place of Newmo.

You think that VFL form comes down to one game?

George and McBean have been in good form for a while now.

Thomas may have had great DE but that's misleading because he was not clean with his hands around the packs. Did not set teammates up to advantage. This is his one job. Extracting the ball to outside teammates and he didn't do it well. Was only a one week injury replacement anyways.

rosy23 said:

Rosy, you've been quite vocal about Liams game not being good enough for selection. Why is that all of a sudden important this week?
Do you think the 14 goals in the previous three weeks warranted selection?

Carter said:
You think that VFL form comes down to one game?

George and McBean have been in good form for a while now.

No but he's hardly going to be rewarded following a shocker unless match ups demand it.

We are a much stronger side than when we play the pies earlier in the year

Edwards in better than Menedue
Lennon getting more touches now compared to our next gun CEllis
Lambert greater impact than Elton
Lloyd should kick more goals than McBean

The only area where we are down slightly is no Grimes in defence - we have Newman in the team

Pies are a lot weaker in defence - no Brown or Goldsack

Coburgtiger said:
Rosy, you've been quite vocal about Liams game not being good enough for selection. Why is that all of a sudden important this week?
Strange isnt it.

year of the tiger said:
Lloyd should kick more goals than McBean

Not sure what you're basing this on.

We haven't seen McBean get the same chances Lloyd has had.

rosy23 said:
unless match ups demand it.

And this is how Damien Hardwick picks his teams.

I think he took a great leap forward after round 6 when he he was prepared to relinquish control over opposition inside 50s, in the process opening space in our own forward half.

His final frontier is letting go on the selection front.

He must begin selecting on overall form. I just can't believe that team morale will stay rosy and warm when the only criteria for selection is how diligent you are without the ball.

Besides, there is nothing wrong with blooding the likes of Menadue, Castagna, McBean, Short, Drummond, Ellis (fitness permitting).

This is Dimma's next great challenge and could be the difference between finishing top four and failing again at the first finals hurdle.

Carter said:

Might be that Lloyd manages to snaffle a couple of sausage rolls most times he gets a chance, Beanie has yet to find the pie warmer where the sausage rolls are hiding.

TigerMasochist said:
Might be that Lloyd manages to snaffle a couple of sausage rolls most times he gets a chance, Beanie has yet to find the pie warmer where the sausage rolls are hiding.

this amuses me.

many on here blame Liam for not kicking 10 in his first six quarters of footy.

thanks for the laugh TM :hihi

Carter said:
this amuses me.

many on here blame Liam for not kicking 10 in his first six quarters of footy.

thanks for the laugh TM :hihi
Not a problem Carts, just happy that I've been able to lighten your mood. Must be terribly frustrating n depressing for you, seeing n spruiking up the messiah when so many heathens refuse to see the obvious light. Kind of like door knocking when no one wants to talk to you. :angel: :angel:
I'm pretty sure Beanie will get a few more chances to show his wares during next season, ( unless we utilize him in a trade of course ). Unfortunately for the Beanster, ( n he's still very young with development time ahead ), he's not troubled the scorers in a couple of NAB games or a couple of senior games as yet.
Sometimes when a door gets opened for you, you've at least got to try n step through it if you want people to keep opening doors for you. Lloyd gets a run, he might only get four or five touches but still get a goal, sometimes he'll get a dozen touches n three goals. Beanie simply needs to get to have a run, then when he does, at least get one goal on the board, small steps but he's got to hit that first step.

TigerMasochist said:
Not a problem Carts, just happy that I've been able to lighten your mood. Must be terribly frustrating n depressing for you, seeing n spruiking up the messiah when so many heathens refuse to see the obvious light. Kind of like door knocking when no one wants to talk to you. :angel: :angel:
I'm pretty sure Beanie will get a few more chances to show his wares during next season, ( unless we utilize him in a trade of course ). Unfortunately for the Beanster, ( n he's still very young with development time ahead ), he's not troubled the scorers in a couple of NAB games or a couple of senior games as yet.
Sometimes when a door gets opened for you, you've at least got to try n step through it if you want people to keep opening doors for you. Lloyd gets a run, he might only get four or five touches but still get a goal, sometimes he'll get a dozen touches n three goals. Beanie simply needs to get to have a run, then when he does, at least get one goal on the board, small steps but he's got to hit that first step.

You must be getting senile in your old age TM, in all that blather the main thing I take away is that the boy needs to get a solid run at it.

In the same breath you say that he needs to be crucified for not kicking as many goals as Sammy Boy Lloyd. In six quarters.

Little wonder I scratch my head :hihi

Lot hype about Titch but when you look at his stats not very flash after all these years. Has an overall average rate of 77.5. His last three games average was 63. Last 5 games rated 67.6. High game rate this season was 100. Stack this up against Giants Toby Greene whose rate is 88.3.Last three 100.3. Last 5 89.2 with a high game this season of 122. I do think Matt Thomas should be a bit pissed off to make way for Titch especially as he must come in underdone.

Carter said:

simple facts really

Llyod kicks on average 1 goal per game while the Bean in his game against the pies kicked 0

Tigaman said:
Lot hype about Titch but when you look at his stats not very flash after all these years. Has an overall average rate of 77.5. His last three games average was 63. Last 5 games rated 67.6. High game rate this season was 100. Stack this up against Giants Toby Greene whose rate is 88.3.Last three 100.3. Last 5 89.2 with a high game this season of 122. I do think Matt Thomas should be a bit p!ssed off to make way for Titch especially as he must come in underdone.

What's a game rate?

year of the tiger said:
while the Bean in his game against the pies kicked 0

Ok, so you're basing your opinion of McBean's ability to kick goals on one game.

Just wanted to check.

Coburgtiger said:

Rancey18 said:
Strange isnt it.

The post you quoted was in regards to Liam coming in for Newmo. Do you both of you think Liam's game warranted that?

Fact is he wasn't selected after those 3 weeks and he seemingly didn't do anything last week to impress the selectors. The reason I've mentioned it is cos some are pumping him up to be the best thing since sliced bread and are having dummy spits when he's not selected. I have nothing against Liam. Hopefully his time will come soon.