Changes v Freo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Freo

SkillzThatKillz said:
Maric was a beast, can't believe there are calls for him to be dropped.

surely u jest skillz, maric looked like a dinosaur out there yesterday, slow as a turtle, cant jump, cant hold on to marks where hampson who i have criticized often played better....cant have both in the side and as of now hampson stays in.

Outs: Maric & Gordon
Ins: Knights or Dea plus Griffiths if fit (or Mcbean) we probably wont win the hit outs anyway so need mobility to counter sandilands average around the ground work...

Barnzy said:
Hunt has been an integral part of the best unit in the team that's held us in games, got us over the line in others where the forward line has failed - the backline. Not going anywhere. His pace is very important, Dea doesn't offer that.

Agree, his link up work has been pretty handy the last few weeks.

Ballantyne is out for the rest of the year. He usually destroys us most times so good to know he won't play against us

kendo said:
Ballantyne is out for the rest of the year. He usually destroys us most times so good to know he won't play against us
Yep, even though he hasn't been in great form, still very dangerous. Fyfe was having scans also. When asked what he was there for, his answer was "just trying to find some form". :hihi

WesternTiger said:
In: Griff and McBean
Our: one of Maric or Hampster and Gordon.

This for me too. Wouldn't also mind Hunt out for Dea, but not that fussed.

I think that if Maric plays against Sandilands it will be a repeat of the last results in the centre.

DirtyDogTiger said:
No changes

Not this week anyway

A few blokes to get off the Injury list and go and play some good VFL footy
I wouldn't say no changes, but I wouldn't be making many. Like McBean to get a go, possibly at the expense of Gordon or McDonough. It's hard to leave Dea out after his VFL game, and Thomas could be useful against the Dockers depending on conditions. Be nice to see Hampson and Maric double team Sandilands, I really don't get the angst about playing them both in the same team.

CarnTheTiges said:
I really don't get the angst about playing them both in the same team.

cause it makes us to slow, saints were running the ball out to easy, maric was deep fwd and looked to have no agility and speed close to zero....

Brettstigers said:
Look I hate to say this but Maric for Griffiths and Knights? for Gordon. Lets run Lennon into the ground and give Knights a quarter and hope he doesn't snap something.

Reasoning is that Maric got properly killed against Sandilands last time and more importantly, and this really hurts, Hampson is taking marks around the ground better than Maric atm. No of times Maric got both hands but they didn't stick... Agree also that we just can't have both of these rucks in the side. Evener-upper of course is that even if Hampson does take a mark in the forward line we'll have to shift the goal posts violently to get a major out of him. :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
fell of my chair with laughter

No Ballantyne for the rest of the home and away season, he ruptured his pec. Been a long time since we played Freo without both their pests (Ballantyne and Crowley)

What should happen:

Out: Newman; Maric; McDonough; Gordon
In: Dea; Griffiths; McBean; Knights

What will happen:

Out: McDonough & Gordon
In: Griffiths and Dea/Knights (one of)

Barnzy said:
Hunt has been an integral part of the best unit in the team that's held us in games, got us over the line in others where the forward line has failed - the backline. Not going anywhere. His pace is very important, Dea doesn't offer that.

Hunt - integral? Not even close. An interchangeable part if ever there was one.

Tiger Pops said:
No Ballantyne for the rest of the home and away season, he ruptured his pec. Been a long time since we played Freo without both their pests (Ballantyne and Crowley)

But hang on, I just read Doc Larkins stating he could play this week with strapping.

FitenFitenWin said:
Hunt - integral? Not even close. An interchangeable part if ever there was one.

Barnzy's right on this. Hunt is playing a role and they won't mess with success.

AstuteTiger said:
surely u jest skillz, maric looked like a dinosaur out there yesterday, slow as a turtle, cant jump, cant hold on to marks where hampson who i have criticized often played better....cant have both in the side and as of now hampson stays in.

Outs: Maric & Gordon
Ins: Knights or Dea plus Griffiths if fit (or Mcbean) we probably wont win the hit outs anyway so need mobility to counter sandilands average around the ground work...

Meant against Freo last time.