Changes v Freo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Freo

Morris to ruck v Sandilands ;D

I only saw the last quarter of the game vs. the Saints and could hardly watch it so I won't make serious comment until after I get to see the whole game!

No way Maric is dropped.

Hampson for Knights (or similar).

Gordon for anyone except Morris.

Beat Freo on the ground, not in the ruck.

How about we keep the team as close as possible to the team that smashed Freo earlier in the year?

Maric was a beast, can't believe there are calls for him to be dropped.

Knights has yet to play a full 4 Q in the VFL yet.

Can't play Maric and Hampson in the same side.
Just slow us down too much.

feisty tige said:
I only saw the last quarter of the game vs. the Saints and could hardly watch it so I won't make serious comment until after I get to see the whole game!
Geez, lucky you. Talk about poor timing.

definitely bring Knights in if he pulled up ok from the VFL.

He's a class player. We need to get him ready for the finals.

We can't go into another finals series with passengers like Morris, Newman and Gordon.

I dont get the love for Knights. I know he's a good footballer but he's just too injury prone, I just feel that he'll crumble again. Some players like he, Alex Woodward, Daniel Menzel, Anthony Morabito....luck aint on their side.

tigertim said:
I dont get the love for Knights. I know he's a good footballer but he's just too injury prone, I just feel that he'll crumble again. Some players like he, Alex Woodward, Daniel Menzel, Anthony Morabito....luck aint on their side.

As of right now, he's fit. Silly to let such a classy player flounder in the 2s because of what may or may not happen. We should eek out everything we can get from Knights IMO.

Having said that, I wouldn't be against giving him another week to get miles in the legs.

Look I hate to say this but Maric for Griffiths and Knights? for Gordon. Lets run Lennon into the ground and give Knights a quarter and hope he doesn't snap something.

Reasoning is that Maric got properly killed against Sandilands last time and more importantly, and this really hurts, Hampson is taking marks around the ground better than Maric atm. No of times Maric got both hands but they didn't stick... Agree also that we just can't have both of these rucks in the side. Evener-upper of course is that even if Hampson does take a mark in the forward line we'll have to shift the goal posts violently to get a major out of him.

Out: Gordon Maric Newman Hunt
In: Knights McBean Dea Astbury

Got to reward good form in the magoos. We've also seen the improvement in the forward line when Lennon replaced Morris. Same goes for Knights - significant upgrade on Gordon - especially if the sub. Want to keep playing McD and Lennon until they click or fall away.

Stylo said:
As of right now, he's fit. Silly to let such a classy player flounder in the 2s because of what may or may not happen. We should eek out everything we can get from Knights IMO.
yeah this.

FitenFitenWin said:
. Same goes for Knights - significant upgrade on Gordon - especially if the sub. Want to keep playing McD and Lennon until they click or fall away.

yep, sub for knights and if he holds up full game next.

tigertim said:

If he breaks now, better that than he plays another 6 weeks in the magoos, owns, and we bring him in and breaks first week of the finals.

May as well test him hard now. What have we got to lose.? He's replacing Gordon or Newy.

FitenFitenWin said:
Out: Gordon Maric Newman Hunt
In: Knights McBean Dea Astbury

Got to reward good form in the magoos. We've also seen the improvement in the forward line when Lennon replaced Morris. Same goes for Knights - significant upgrade on Gordon - especially if the sub. Want to keep playing McD and Lennon until they click or fall away.

Hunt has been an integral part of the best unit in the team that's held us in games, got us over the line in others where the forward line has failed - the backline. Not going anywhere. His pace is very important, Dea doesn't offer that.