Changes for the Elimination v Roos | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for the Elimination v Roos

Tigers of Old said:
Was just pointed out to me that the last time we played the 3 talls in Vickery, Riewoldt & Griffiths was against Freo at Subiaco. That worked pretty well for us..

Not opposed to that except match fitness wise for the Griffinator

Tigers of Old said:
Was just pointed out to me that the last time we played the 3 talls in Vickery, Riewoldt & Griffiths was against Freo at Subiaco. That worked pretty well for us..

Actually it was against GWS.

2010 4-4-0
2011 4-0-4
2012 3-2-1
2013 1-1-0
2014 7-2-5
2015 5-4-1

overall 24-13-11

They all played in that horrible game last year where we led by 6 goals and stopped. Griffiths subbed off, Vickery reported...

Griffiths a bigger risk than Conca IMO. Would be OK with Conca in for Newman who was limping very early last week, but as others have said, unlikely.

Early in the year against north Tyronne was out and Griff got knocked out early in the game so it would be a completely different forward line .

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Actually it was against GWS.

Griffiths a bigger risk than Conca IMO. Would be OK with Conca in for Newman who was limping very early last week, but as others have said, unlikely.

Aah yes Griff injured his shoulder that match.
He's a punt yes and having looked at the training vision it appears he's still wearing a finger protector.
Still I think he's best 22. They will be tempted but don't expect he'll play.

I cant see any changes occurring, we've brought in 3 guys as emergencies that cover each line, fwd, mid and back. My concern is dimma naming loyd as sub. I believe he should start to give us some early goals. Newman as sub to supply some experience late incase of a close contest.

Griff was marking fine in the training video on the website. Reckon he's exactly what we need to combat North's back line, even if his role is to bring the ball to ground and drag Hansen away from Tyrone/Jack.

A running Griffiths will create space and ground opportunities for our medium forwards like Deledio, Lloyd, and Lennon... match fitness not an issue at all, just a matter of letting his tendon heal.

Nah. North's intercept marking is tremendous through Henderson. An out of form Griffiths will get towelled. Lets beat them on the ground and risk Conca if we are going to make a change.

cannot see us changing. Conks and Griff whilst capable are underdone. 'Chaos' Morris could have role in upsetting a few sooks, but the team is a team proper at the moment and not sure mixing that up is necessary.

Chimptastic said:
A running Griffiths will create space and ground opportunities for our medium forwards like Deledio, Lloyd, and Lennon... match fitness not an issue at all, just a matter of letting his tendon heal.

and the matter that Griff would surely replace either Lloyd or Lennon.

im actually in favour of Lloyd being sub, if he plays. he is a burst player, when he starts he has long periods of time where he doesnt do much.
as sub he seems to have an impact when he comes on and stays in the game.

DragicevicFan said:
Fine sunny day certainly makes the idea of the 3 talls partially tempting.

I guess the option of being able to throw Griffiths back if necessary is also a consideration, and the chance to throw 3 ruckman at Goldstein to try and wear him down.

exactly my thinking. i'm not at all a fan of playing 3 tall forwards but the weather forecast makes this a big possibility. Goldstein is their key and we can run him ragged with 3 rotating ruckman. we can then sub one of them out at 3/4 time for the extra running player.

Ian4 said:
exactly my thinking. i'm not at all a fan of playing 3 tall forwards but the weather forecast makes this a big possibility. Goldstein is their key and we can run him ragged with 3 rotating ruckman. we can then sub one of them out at 3/4 time for the extra running player.
Yep, I'm on the same wavelength here too.
Selection panel will have their work cut out for them mentally.

Best 22-wise, Griff and Conca for Lloyd and Newman are the changes. But we all know Newman won't be dropped.

Dimma will be tempted by both Griff and Conc. I suspect only one of them - max - will get a gig on Sunday.

griff and conca in for lloyd and lennon....thats is utter madness,,,,I'm speechless.......lloyd and lennon have been terrific of late and griffith and conca haven't played a game for months and anyway neither have ever played a decent game....griifths is a terrible kick in front of goal..lennon is a much better mark and kick....lloyd our means we have no...none x factor.....im totally speechless...'

what does conca give..he is as slow as newman..no x factor..no match fitness....and has barely ever played a decent game against quality

Holy *beep*.

Well, Dimma's either a genius or a chump Sunday night.

Buckle up kids, its gonna be a wild ride.

What does poor old Lloyd have to do either kicks 3 or is the sub, & only 2 weeks ago v the Bombers Lennon was great. Is Dima feeling the heat ?