Changes for the Elimination v Roos | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for the Elimination v Roos

Tigers of Old said:
Dimma will pick Conca.

Conca going down early went a long way towards costing us the Carlton final two years ago. Dimma gambling on a bloke who's clearly underdone would betray a lack of confidence. Would be the first alarm bell for me.

no way will conca come in..lennon and lloyd have been playing really well..conca has hardly ever played a great game...

baffling emergencies to be honest. two blokes who haven't played much footy and another who's been in ordinary form this year.

I hope Dimma isn't thinking of blinking first.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Conca going down early went a long way towards costing us the Carlton final two years ago. Dimma gambling on a bloke who's clearly underdone would betray a lack of confidence. Would be the first alarm bell for me.

:fing32

LeeToRainesToRoach said:

I thought he was important in the win against the Hawks and showed he could step in after a layoff. If he's fit he plays IMO.
If he pings his hammy then I'll be the first to say it was a mistake to pick him but the medicos will put him through the ringer before the game so I'm not overly worried on that front.

Tigers of Old said:
I thought he was important in the win against the Hawks and showed he could step in after a layoff. If he's fit he plays IMO.
If he pings his hammy then I'll be the first to say it was a mistake to pick him but the medicos will put him through the ringer before the game so I'm not overly worried on that front.

Also going to be a warm day, can't have players running out of steam.

Carter said:
baffling emergencies to be honest. two blokes who haven't played much footy and another who's been in ordinary form this year.

I hope Dimma isn't thinking of blinking first.

I was expecting Conca and Morris as emergencies, and then either Astbury, Dea or Hampson.

Griffiths is no chance surely....

i reckon they would keen to play him.
his attack on high balls in to our f50 would be helpful. as would his ruckwork.

as for his broken finger, i dont think it should effect him much.
he doesnt actually mark much, and his kicking cant be much worse, so play him i reckon.

In:Griff
out: Lloyd.

wayne said:
We can't take out a goalkicker, Lloyd might be the guy who kicks 3-4 important goals in a tight contest.

I agree, Lloyd knows where the goals are & must be played

I think we'll go unchanged. Of the 'ins', Conca's body is still suspect and will be tested in the increased intensity of a final, Griffiths has had no match practice and Morris is Morris. The only change I could see is Conca for Newman, and Conca to be used as the sub, but we all know that won't happen.

Midsy said:
Why would Morris come in for anyone? Serious question.
I just think it's a change Dimma would make. He's played Lloyd as the sub for the last 2 games.

I was surprised how well conca went after a long lay off against the Hawks,

So maybe with that little bit of recent history , he is a chance , the coaching staff will know more about his fitness than us , I personally don't see the need to gamble too much on this . Any doubt , get him right for next year.

Conca is infinitely better option than Morris. If he is made sub, that wouldn't be such a bad ploy. Preferably in place of Newman.

Fine sunny day certainly makes the idea of the 3 talls partially tempting.

I guess the option of being able to throw Griffiths back if necessary is also a consideration, and the chance to throw 3 ruckman at Goldstein to try and wear him down.

Griff is a confidence player, after such a long layoff does he have confidence in his finger/hand to step straight in a play CHF in such an important game?