Changes for the Elimination v Roos | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for the Elimination v Roos

Tommy H said:
Higgins would absolutely bamboozle Morris. He is in another league compared to Morris. Would be a disaster waiting to happen.

Maybe his star jumps would bedazzle Higgins!!

Tigers of Old said:
This.
No time for sentimentality. Need to pick the side that will win and at this stage Reece in an upgrade on Chris.
Reece is that, but bet you they'll pick Newman.

I get the argument, but I reckon half the team would SPEW UP if Dimma dropped Newman. Dimma's probably created a bit of a bind for himself with Chris here. As for me, happy for them to play Newy, still does some nice things but usually not enough of em. But yeah, Dimma won't mess with the magical team chemistry. Don't underestimate the "let's win it for Chris" factor.

Also HELLO NEWMAN

The unemotional decision would be:

In: Conca
Out: Newman

Doubtful though.

Tigers of Old said:
This.
No time for sentimentality. Need to pick the side that will win and at this stage Reece in an upgrade on Chris.

In the last two games, Chris has averaged 10 possessions and 1 shot at goal (in one he was a late sub). The last two full games Llyod played he averaged 15 disposals and 4 shots at goal.

But I think Dimma is going to ride or die with Chris no matter what.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
In the last two games, Chris has averaged 10 possessions and 1 shot at goal (in one he was a late sub). The last two full games Llyod played he averaged 15 disposals and 4 shots at goal.

But I think Dimma is going to ride or die with Chris no matter what.

Not saying it will, and def hoping it won't, come to this but what do you think the other players, and supporters, would prefer...?
Chris stays in and the club shows huge loyalty to get him playing in the finals, and we lose early in the piece
Chris is omitted for a player with greater upside (don't need specifics for the hypothetical) and we win further into the finals

Can see how it is now a tricky one to manage but...

In: Vickery, Lloyd, Hunt, Lambert, Lennon

Out: Griffiths, Gordon, Petterd, Foley, Conca

On balance I prefer this 22 to the one that booted up against Port last year.

Bill James said:
In: Vickery, Lloyd, Hunt, Lambert, Lennon

Out: Griffiths, Gordon, Petterd, Foley, Conca

On balance I prefer this 22 to the one that booted up against Port last year.

agree with this

also - what changes will there be to the team that lost to North earlier in the year - assuming no Lennon or Lloyd, Lambert and maybe Vickery

DirtyDogTiger said:
Let's do whatever allows lloyd to maintain his 0, 0, 0, 3, 0, 0, 0, 3, goal sequence.
I hope it's 3 this week.

Are the 3's games where he started mate?

Chaplin just said on sen Conca and Griffiths are fit but are short of a run. Available next week.

year of the tiger said:
agree with this

also - what changes will there be to the team that lost to North earlier in the year - assuming no Lennon or Lloyd, Lambert and maybe Vickery
Pretty sure Griff started in Tassie, hurt himself early and we had to activate the sub, which left Maric to ruck solo against Goldstein and whoever else they used to spell him. Vickery wasn't there, would have made a perfect Griff replacement if he was. It was also Lids first game back from injury and it showed. I have the feeling Newman was also injured at the time, but not sure on that one.

ToraToraTora said:
Chaplin just said on sen Conca and Griffiths are fit but are short of a run. Available next week.

How are they going to get game time?
Reckon we can simulate the gear we play finals in, with
Match practice at training?

pessimistic_ said:
Conca would be handy
Yes, sorry, Chris. It's finals; everything, the whole season is on the line.
Newman out. Conca sub.
He offers just that much more run, skill, in and under plus outside. Can go forward and goal too. Surely his hammies can get through a quarter or so. Chris has tried hard; hasn't been terrible but think Conca could gather same possession average as Chris for a full game even as sub. Or play him for three qts and sub Lloyd on for Concs. Newman first emerg.

Rancey18 said:
So Lloyd will be the last player to start in the green vest then!

Hasn't Lloyd kicked three goals the last two games he has started?

Why would you have him as sub is beyond me...

If he is in, Newman as sub for my two bobs.