Changes for the Elimination v Roos | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for the Elimination v Roos

no way can conca come in for lloyd...lloyd has been doing his job...and conca has never exactly ever set the world on fire

in hampson, out newman, dont want a repeat of a tiring ivan becoming not competitive in second half against a rested goldstein.

hate to think we go into the first final with Newman being a liability. If he does not impact we may resign to the fact we carried him through reputation and not form. Really hope he can impact, lead, do some inspirational things and walk off a winner both team and individual wise.

btoz_01 said:
Maric will be dominated by Goldstein at centre bounces our mids must learn to read Goldsteins taps.
similar to how we played against Sandilands and not allow them easily clearances at centre bounce
Or bring in Hampster :peep to play as first ruck Maric forward and relieving ruck

That combo of Maric and Hampson has never worked leaves us to slow.

Much preferred Houli forward of wing second half on Friday.

As he is a ticking time bomb down back, perhaps no change and let the old man Newy work for a living at half back and push Bashar forward.

Disappointed with Lennon's intensity on Friday, (that will happen) maybe green vest for him.

Deledio making the forward structure hum at the moment but still dependent on Vickery pulling his weight.

Too late to get out optimum forward structure out there but at least it has several more bows than it did 8 weeks ago.

The other option of course is a Knights or Madonna for Newman but it wont happen.

Tigertool said:
Out: Maric
In: Hampson

We will get dominated in the Ruck and will be very lucky to break even around the ground. Hammer can equal Goldy in the ruck.

very very brave...but has some merit.

Newman for anyone but even for a 40 min stint from Conca would add dash. Would take enormous balls to drop Newman and I hope that the club and outcome is bigger than any individual.

LLoyd gives us some extra options up front did some nice things over the last 2 games when the ball is around 75m out. Like to see him start. Also gives us better structure when Ty is called into the ruck too.

Its only bloody Monday and already biting my nails...

Bunnerz said:
you simply cant risk conca and knights while the sub rule is still in.

NO CHANGE.

Fair enough.

Lennon and Lloyd can influence, Newman perhaps the Sub??? Barring injury, the sub comes from either of the two unless they are playing games of their careers.

CarnTheTiges said:
Unless there's an injury I can't see any changes. Maybe Conca, but I can't see who they'd drop to fit him in. No matter how much everyone wants it Newman won't be dropped unless his leg falls off during the week.

Watch him traverse the ground from sideline to sideline most of the night. As a guy he is fantastic but a forward...A LIABILITY!!! Maybe we should contact Tonya Harding.......

In - McBean - Wildcard....need a big forward to stretch Thompson, Hansen and Farrito.
Out - Suntan Sammy.

Lloyd and McBean are both X Factors, but would love to see McBean in front of 95,000.

Conca could be the obvious in for Lloyd, not sure if he is 100% yet.

No to Hampson.

Maric will outsmart Goldstein. Don't be surprised if North keep Daw in thinking he was dominant last week and can do it again and drop Ben Brown.

poppa x said:
Lloyd out.
Newman sub vest,
And (gulp)
Morris in to look after Thomas or Nahas.
Never thought Id suggest that LOL.

U CAN PROBABALY BET YA BOTTOM BUCK THIS WILL HAPPEN

poppa x said:
Lloyd out.
Newman sub vest,
And (gulp)
Morris in to look after Thomas or Nahas.
Never thought Id suggest that LOL.

Did you mean Lloyd out or Lloyd to start? When Lloyd has started he is sitting on a good goal tally and adds something we just don't really have.

While I have already posted that I think Morris would be a good option, for one of their smalls, imo dropping Lloyd would be the wrong way to bring him in.

Please no to hampson, we all saw what happened when he played against the crows ineffective in the ruck and not much better anywhere else. He peaked against Carlton and should only be used if Ivan breaks his leg. I think were better when Griffiths plays but unless he is fit there should be no change. This is our best side in a perfect world I would like to see conca elllis and Menadue there but injury and there inability to get fit in time doesn't allow us the freedom to make a change. with his