Changes for the Elimination v Roos | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for the Elimination v Roos

For better or for worse the only change I see happening is OUT:Lloyd IN: Conca. With Conca to start as sub, while not at full fitness does offer more versatility than Lloyd across the park.

Unfortunately Newman is just so slow atm and is getting caught quite a lot.

If he 'has' to play, then it should be as sub. If Dimma has the sense to 'upgrade' I would think Conca (fitness), Knights (massive x factor and change up to the team structure) or even Morris (as hurt inflicting defender) are all viable options.

With the Morris thought... Hunt can go to Harvey and Morris to Higgins. With Chaplin on Waite and Sir Rancelot on Putri..e, I think we could nullify some important cogs in their team.

Really liked Houli playing forward of centre in the last match. His speed, and kicking, were a real weapon moving into attack. Bringing Morris in could enable this to happen well next game too.

Number8 said:
Apart from the first of that list, they are opinions, not reasons.

I'm astonished at the number of people who bemoan our lack of composure in the past two elimination finals then wish to be rid of Newman.

Just amazing.

agree

Have been upset with selection this year every time Morris has played. Have not seen him as being good for the team in any match apart from when he came in for his bunny (yarran).

But....... Something is tantalizing about him coming in and smashing Higgins. As in, actually looking to shirt front him hard. dirty i know. But higgins worrys me more personally than Goldy. Our mids are a chance at least to shark Goldys taps and nullify. But the thought of Higgins kicking 5, well, makes me get depressed.

But expect no changes. Only outside one that could be shocking, or be amazing, would be Knights for Newman. didnt think his facial expressions and body language looked that great. had a look of worry at times.

Unless there's an injury I can't see any changes. Maybe Conca, but I can't see who they'd drop to fit him in. No matter how much everyone wants it Newman won't be dropped unless his leg falls off during the week.

In memory of Francis said:
Have been upset with selection this year every time Morris has played. Have not seen him as being good for the team in any match apart from when he came in for his bunny (yarran).

But....... Something is tantalizing about him coming in and smashing Higgins. As in, actually looking to shirt front him hard. dirty i know. But higgins worrys me more personally than Goldy. Our mids are a chance at least to shark Goldys taps and nullify. But the thought of Higgins kicking 5, well, makes me get depressed.

But expect no changes. Only outside one that could be shocking, or be amazing, would be Knights for Newman. didnt think his facial expressions and body language looked that great. had a look of worry at times.

Higgins would absolutely bamboozle Morris. He is in another league compared to Morris. Would be a disaster waiting to happen.

Tommy H said:
Higgins would absolutely bamboozle Morris. He is in another league compared to Morris. Would be a disaster waiting to happen.

A jumper full of busted ribs would soon take the bamboozleness out of his game. ; >:D

willo said:
A jumper full of busted ribs would soon take the bamboozleness out of his game. ; >:D

We aint living back in the 80's mate and he isn't capable of it. He would probably knock himself or a team mate out in the process.

Rance Petrie
Chaplin -Brown
Batchelor -Waite
Grimes-Higgins
Hunt-Harvey
Bachar-Nahas -Thomas
Floss-?

The guys are currently playing for each other as well as the club. Wouldn't want to break that up for such an important match on Sunday. No change in the 22 but Newman as sub.

UKTiger said:
The guys are currently playing for each other as well as the club. Wouldn't want to break that up for such an important match on Sunday. No change in the 22 but Newman as sub.

agree Lloyd has to start with Lennon more dangerous than Newman!
if any changes Knights for Newman

Maric will be dominated by Goldstein at centre bounces our mids must learn to read Goldsteins taps.
similar to how we played against Sandilands and not allow them easily clearances at centre bounce
Or bring in Hampster :peep to play as first ruck Maric forward and relieving ruck

No to Hampson.

Need speed on the ground.

Let Maric and TV take on Goldstein and Petrie.

Our mids need to get the job done.

btoz_01 said:
Maric will be dominated by Goldstein at centre bounces our mids must learn to read Goldsteins taps.
similar to how we played against Sandilands and not allow them easily clearances at centre bounce
Or bring in Hampster :peep to play as first ruck Maric forward and relieving ruck

x2 @ sandilands reference

beat freo on their own deck whilst losing hitouts, can do it again

Conca will come in for Lloyd, start as the sub and take Newman or Lennon's place in the third when the legs are tiring.