Changes for the Elimination v Roos | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for the Elimination v Roos

God so many almost 0 pocession halves by newman and still gets a game, loyde or lennon have shown multiple goal kicking ability that newman has not, hardwick blinded by blind faith to a guy whos played so poorly most the year.

tigerhalsey said:
If conca and griff are fit and don't break down, prefect match tactics against north.
Like it alot, the forward line doesn't function well enough went Ty goes into the ruck, this way we will always a a mobile tall target in the forward line and a fresh ruck at all ruck contests

i like the changes too. We do need the extra tall. Griffiths can also back if required.

Any chance this means Chaplin might not come up? There were suggestions he was struggling a bit with a leg injury. Griffiths down back may be interesting though with a bung digit spoiling might affected. I kind of felt Lennon might have that "X-factor" in the big games too, hopefully he will stick around next year so we can find out. In other news, who programmed this game on Sunday, my head will explode by then!!!! #GOTIGES #SMASHTHATLINDSAYTHOMASSQUIB #BOOMERREALLYANNOYSME

pervian said:
That extra tall is just what the Dimma ordered looked obverse last week and our midd can match there's

I guess it's to match their three defensive talls Thompson/Tarrant/Hansen so we're not afraid to go direct if they try to clog it up. If e.g. Griff gets on a lead, Hansen's obliged to go with him and open it up a bit.

lamb22 said:
Just for the record we are replacing Lennon who has been in good form, marking well, kicking well and kicking goals with Griff who hasn't done any of those things at all or well since about round 10.

Gee big sacrifice. Then why do you think we are bringing in Griffiths? Any positive thoughts?

lamb22 said:
Just for the record we are replacing Lennon who has been in good form, marking well, kicking well and kicking goals with Griff who hasn't done any of those things at all or well since about round 10.
Worse is all season poorly played by newman and still in.

Smoking Aces said:
No doubt. I admire you for sticking to your guns. But give the man (Hardwick) the benefit of the doubt! I think he has proven that he knows something about football.

I think you'll find that my thesis is that Dimma has success constantly thrust upon him by circumstance or happenstance, only for him to sneakily chuck it out the car window when no one is watching!

I actually like the guy. His belief in his judgement (against all facts to the contrary) is beguiling.

axlefoley said:
Gee big sacrifice. Then why do you think we are bringing in Griffiths? Any positive thoughts?

I think Dimma thinks he is a tall.

Hey I am chucking at these changes but I am all in for Sunday.

Should be a hoot!

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Massive show of faith in Griff especially. Hope he's up to it.

Up against the most experienced North Melbourne side ever fielded.
Griff and Conca are both more experienced than Lloyd and Lennon.

lamb22 said:
Just for the record, Lennon has kicked goals in 3 of his 9 games this year, for a total of 6. Griff has 12 from 12.

Griff marks well and won't allow Hansen to do as he pleases, like he did last week.

taztiger4 said:
Absolutely, me dips me lid to Dimma, win lose or draw, picked our best 22

Conca made a difference against the Hawks & Griffo will take one of their tall backs up the ground
Both relatively fresh but with hard seasoned bodies

Thanks Dimma & match committee

And seriously if this breaks Lenno, man he is a soft kid & better off elsewhere,we want winners not sooks
Spot on.

Newman can go back, which neither Lennon nor Lloyd can do. We know the extra physicality of a final won't concern him; we don't know that about the other two.

Happy with those changes. Lloyd is a bit stiff, but Lennon has years ahead of him. Getting a little nervous as Sunday approaches, as I always do when we are the favourites. Winning this game has huge connotations for our club. Win, and we will be the flavour of the month. Lose, and the media will go into feeding frenzy. You know, Tigers of old and all that stuff.

Yes, I know should not worry about what the media writes or says, but we all read the papers and watch the news on telly. Not enough to just go out and kick the neighbour's cat, we need to relish the glory of winning.

Ballsy moves Beavis.

I'm hoping the North match committee just uttered "what? Oh *smile*." In unison

At this stage of their careers Lennon & Lloyd are not versatile enough. Both inclusions can be thrown around where and when needed.

For the record, Newman is one of those too.

Bend those *smilers* over Tigers!

Conca for hardness and Griffo to cover the talls, but is he gonna play with a glove?

Who starts as the sub? Lambert? You wouldn't think they'd bring Conca in to start as the sub.