Changes for the Elimination v Roos | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for the Elimination v Roos

powerful and brave 12 said:
Dimma walked into the selection meeting ,unzipped his strides and plonked his unfeasibly large testicles on the table.
One had Griff & the other Conca written on them ,Then walked out .

:clap :hihi

I've been fairly confident all week. Nervous now.

Seems Dimma plays natural forwards through gritted teeth until he gets an excuse not to.

I'd say he needs two of Lloyd, Ben or Beanie to make that forward line work.

Why Newman is still there is anyone's guess unless its to release Houli forward, which I am reluctantly OK with.

Lloyd, Lennon, Beanie, Astbury, Dea , Madonna and Arnott must wonder if form and fitness (and forward smarts) mean anything at all in Dimma world.

Well Dimma is nothing if not predictable. Midfield grunt - forward press template over open forward structure template whenever he feels he can reimpose his vision.

Every time he has done it before he has stuffed it up. (first half year 2014, first 6 games 2015) Maybe this time it will be different.

Got to admire his convictions (stubborness/hubris).

All power to his arm if he gets it right.

Carter said:
At first I was a little shocked and wondered what the hell our forward line was gonna look like.

But ... this isn't so bad provided Concs and Griff are cherry ripe.

Three forward talls means we can apply constant, high energy pressure to Goldstein.

I think we will play a counter-attack for the first half and lower the eyes to leading talls in F50. I think Shed will be given a roaming commission forward of centre. Deledio and Newman will use their experience on the forward flanks.

In the third quarter we will release Conca to assist with first possession and load up on quick movement deep into F50 to isolate tall targets.

The key thing about Conca is he will help release Dusty for a forward role in the second half. Watch for a bag from Dusty. You just know he's primed. Norf have no match up.

The ins give us flexibility, flexibility, flexibility.

We have too many guns, too many options for poor old Norf.

Lennon and Lloyd will get their chances.
Couldn't agree more Carter. Flexibility is the key here. Lloyd and Lennon do not provide that.

Griff couldn't catch it when he had good fingers.

Flip side is that the dodgy digits may help his ball drop (well anything would really)

lamb22 said:
I've been fairly confident all week. Nervous now.

Seems Dimma plays natural forwards through gritted teeth until he gets an excuse not to.

I'd say he needs two of Lloyd, Ben or Beanie to make that forward line work.

Why Newman is still there is anyone's guess unless its to release Houli forward, which I am reluctantly OK with.

Lloyd, Lennon, Beanie, Astbury, Dea , Madonna and Arnott must wonder if form and fitness (and forward smarts) mean anything at all in Dimma world.

Well Dimma is nothing if not predictable. Midfield grunt - forward press template over open forward structure template whenever he feels he can reimpose his vision.

Every time he has done it before he has stuffed it up. (first half year 2014, first 6 games 2015) Maybe this time it will be different.

Got to admire his convictions (stubborness/hubris).

All power to his arm if he gets it right.
And we have got to admire your convictions as well Lamb. The old cut and paste seems to work well for you.

Carter said:
yeah wonder if we were playing games of our own. just better concealed and thus greater impact.

maybe. anything that makes Norf rethink their plans is valuable. it'll mess with Scott.

Smoking Aces said:
And we have got to admire your convictions as well Lamb. The old cut and paste seems to work well for you.

All my work is original my good man.

Just hope we can keep North to under 10 goals.

Tricky if you factor in a couple of freebies from Bachar.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Alright boys
Weve rolled the dice

Play the game boys! hard and smart tigers!!
Hard and smart

what did you say the other day DDT - "cold spite".

lamb22 said:
All my work is original my good man.
No doubt. I admire you for sticking to your guns. But give the man (Hardwick) the benefit of the doubt! I think he has proven that he knows something about football.

That extra tall is just what the Dimma ordered looked obverse last week and our midd can match there's

Just for the record we are replacing Lennon who has been in good form, marking well, kicking well and kicking goals with Griff who hasn't done any of those things at all or well since about round 10.

Tigertool said:
Strongest side we've named all year.

Absolutely, me dips me lid to Dimma, win lose or draw, picked our best 22

Conca made a difference against the Hawks & Griffo will take one of their tall backs up the ground
Both relatively fresh but with hard seasoned bodies

Thanks Dimma & match committee

And seriously if this breaks Lenno, man he is a soft kid & better off elsewhere,we want winners not sooks