Changes for the Elimination v Roos | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for the Elimination v Roos

spook said:
Lennon and Lloyd haven't kicked a goal between them in the past fortnight.

some of the comments are laughable.

both guys unlucky but both are inconsistent, slow HFF. they have been replaced a 200cm CHF and an onballer.

our ins make us stronger.

sausage_meat69 said:
Late change maybe?

Dimma never makes late changes. Whether you agree with the selections or not, clearly the club has adopted a horses for courses policy depending on the opposition and the conditions. I'm happy for Dimma and the match committee to live and die by the sword (Newman excluded).

Carter said:
For those lamenting the loss of true forwards Lloyd and Lennon, you can lick your chops when Deledio, Martin and Edwards line up together in the second half.

They would've lined up there anyways. Newman will be up there instead of Lennon/Lloyd though.

nice logical analysis Carter i think yr spot on. Conca must get involved, Griff must take some marks.

i was a little concerned by the changes until the usual torrent of baseless sooking was unleashed.
now i feel more comfortable.

Brodders17 said:
some of the comments are laughable.

both guys unlucky but both are inconsistent, slow HFF. they have been replaced a 200cm CHF and an onballer.

our ins make us stronger.

It is more that the 2 ins are coming off long injury layoffs which in itself is a risk. And these two in particular have a history of getting injured during the game (Griff especially). At full fitness yes they are best 22. Though I don't quite have the Conca love that many on here (and the club) do.

Like the in's ,but not to sure about the write up on the RFC website with them quoting Brendan Lade as saying Griffiths had a really good good game against North in Tassie didn't he get knocked out early on ?

Feel for Lennon, you would have thought he was confident of a game after being named in the starting side.

Don't really mind Griff being back in as I think he would be a better leap at centre bounces than Ty and can be played as a high forward with his kicking. Let's hope he takes the bull by the horns and doesn't look for little short options when he should have a shot himself.

Reece, even when he played those couple of games was still a bit scratchy with his disposal - the heat will be on and poor turnovers will be even more costly in a final. Hope he has sharpenend his skills over the last few weeks of training.

I understand everyone's concerns that are fitness related but we have to back the footy department. They've probably been hatching this for a while. If there's any doubt I'm sure there'll be late changes. Our 3 tall fwds had great synergy earlier in the year and were great at spreading the defence. A bit more of that pls.

Dimma walked into the selection meeting ,unzipped his strides and plonked his unfeasibly large testicles on the table.
One had Griff & the other Conca written on them ,Then walked out .

yeah wonder if we were playing games of our own. just better concealed and thus greater impact.

powerful and brave 12 said:
Dimma walked into the selection meeting ,unzipped his strides and plonked his unfeasibly large testicles on the table.

;D

powerful and brave 12 said:
Great quote

Griff can go with Goldy for a bit, stop Hansen from intercepting our I50s and offers a stronger marking target than Lloyd.

It's a confident move by Dimma, playing him in this week so he's ready for when the big matches start.

And on a beautiful sunny spring day made for the big guys.

Stiff for Lennon - unlucky

But probably our best side on paper but with huge doubts on Griffiths and Conca fitness.

Newman lucky to stay in but they were not going to drop him.

I think Lennon played a bit on Hansen last week and gave him too much room and he took many uncontested marks

We do need a third tall in forward line.

There maybe still a late change although we are not a club that does that very much

With the forecast Sunday you thought back of your mind Griff would be an inclusion.

Both though are a risk. As I've stated injury prone and I'm concerned.

Lennon and Lloyd very unlucky. Lennon could have been the making of him. Seems the type that could shine on the big stage. Lloyd a goal kicker.

Who starts as sub ? Newman? Conca? Griff? Or someone left field.

To me it seems and don't go ballistic at me- smells desperation and the club feeling the pressure to win this final.

We will hail Dimma if this succeeds. I will be the first!

I'm even more nervous and anxious.

Go Ben, Conca and Newman. Go Tigers.

Great in's. Our structure immediately improves with Griffiths in the team. Conca adds more run and adds to our midfield rotations will be crucial as the game wears on.

Those who think that Griffiths and Conca do not improve our team by replacing Lennon and Lloyd are delusional. They are clearly in our best 22.