Changes against Port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes against Port

DirtyDogTiger said:
am I the only poster who wants White in our team?

No I think he has pretty good foot skills actually, takes on the play and seems to be backing himself a bit more. Gives 100% as well. No problem wiht him being in the team. Dont let the perennial negative posters skew your judgement or doubt yourself.

Matty is improving each week. I'm glad he's had a chance to string some games together so he can gain touch and confidence. Definitely belongs there at the moment. Love his attitude.

rosy23 said:
Matty is improving each week. I'm glad he's had a chance to string some games together so he can gain touch and confidence. Definitely belongs there at the moment. Love his attitude.

Yeah he has the right attitude, too bad he can't think fast enough...

I can't think of any other player that gets caught with the ball more than Matthew White.

thejinx said:
Yeah he has the right attitude, too bad he can't think fast enough...

I can't think of any other player that gets caught with the ball more than Matthew White.

People used ot say that about David Rodan and he is dominating. It will come with time and experience.

shawry said:
People used ot say that about David Rodan and he is dominating. It will come with time and experience.

True, but Rodan was much more agile, and more capable of winning his own ball than White.

Rodan used to get caught whilst extracting the ball from tight spaces, White gets caught because 1. He makes wrong decisions and 2. He's not as agile as he thinks.

Those two issues may be fixable - but I wouldn't compare White to Rodan.

Out - Vickery, Farmer, Cousins
In - Browne, Griffiths (or Morton if the attitude is sufficiently adjusted), Tambling

We are not completely without a chance against Port. It has been unseasonably hot/humid here in Darwin and Sat night's game would have taken a fair bit out of their players. Fingers crossed.

OUT: WHITE, COUSINS, KING, NAHAS, FARMER

IN: GRIFFITHS, MORTON... The rest who cares. Where's Taylor at with his injury?

Out
Farmer (susp)
Nahas - needs a team based first reminder
TV - needs a few kicks to get some confidence back.

In
Polo
Browne
Morton - but is fast approaching d-day for Mitch.

OUT: King, White, Farmer, Vickery (rest)
IN: Morton, Collins, Polo, Browne

Even with a few changes like this the team structure would be 100% better. Nahas could also go out but I don't know who could replace him ATM. They seem to want to persist with Rance so....whatever. Cousins on thin ice.

In a few weeks I look forward to seeing Connors, Gourdis, Griffiths all in the team as well.

Barnzy said:
OUT: King, White, Farmer, Vickery (rest)
IN: Morton, Collins, Polo, Browne
Don't mind that Barno. But I think I'd like to see a bit more of White instead of Polo.

would like to see browne in for vickery

if he suprises on the upside like graham it would be a tremendous result for the rfc

Well, Farmers hasnt been suspended, so hight have to be dropped instead.
Dont think White will be dropped. He did alright on the weekend. He needs to stop trying to run around guys, much better when he can run away with the ball.
Nason might be close to getting a rest.
TV must be getting close to being dropped.
I would go
Out: Vickery, Farmer
In: Browne, Polo

hopper said:
In - Browne, Griffiths (or Morton if the attitude is sufficiently adjusted), Tambling

We are not completely without a chance against Port. It has been unseasonably hot/humid here in Darwin and Sat night's game would have taken a fair bit out of their players. Fingers crossed.
x2 :)

hopper said:

Yep, copy that. I would also give Nason a rest. He ran a whopping 20k against the Hawks & had a quiet one on Sat night. Fatigue might be starting to take effect.
Bring in Polo perhaps.