Changes against Port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes against Port

hopper said:
Out - Cousins (that goose is cooked and we don't owe him the privelege), Vickery (lacks competitive will to impose himself, the tools are there and he'll make it - but for now he needs to find that will at Coburg).
In - Browne (sick of getting monstered in the ruck - real rucks only from now on), maybe Morton/Polo.

Would have Farmer out as well Hopper.

Plenty to chose from but I wouldn't expect too many changes as the team in general was pathetic apart from Jack and a few cameos by others...

Outs:

Nahas - did sweet FA tonight. Did nothing last week also...bring in Morton for him.
King - don't know how or why he got a gig in the first place. Wasn't the worst but did nothing good either.
Farmer - wow, I thought we were done and dusted in recruiting duds like this but his performance tonight and proved otherwise.

thought Mcguane did quite well tonight, cannot kick yes so someone should get close to him, but spoils very well and doesnt mind a bit of bit biff, WHO CAN KICK AT RICHMOND

Out: King, Farmer, Astbury, Rance
In: Taylor, Collins/Tambling, Post, Morton

Post to play forward

Would love to have Gourdis and Connors as in's

Too many changes and not enough to replace them at the moment.

I'll start with Nahas, King, McGuane, Farmer, Graham, Tuck, Cousins & give our future ruckman Vickery a spell at Coburg.

Graham did well, was our 2nd highest Chamption Data scorer for the match, he carried Vickery and deserves to keep his spot
Cousins needs to be given a month to see if he can get match fit, if he's in and out each week he may as well just retire now as we're not giving him a proper chance.
Tuck can't go til Jacko is back
Farmer will be suspended anyway
No problem with dropping Nahas, he's only had one good game all year
King wasn't bad, people just love to rip into him
McGuane kept his man to only 1 goal

Tigers2011 said:
Agree - far too many midgets.

Agreed. Quite embarrassing tonight. I think it says a lot about Essendon that they only beat us by 35 points when we're carrying so many small, unskilled players. Why can't DH see this at selection?

Farmer (180cm), King (178cm), Nason (179cm), Nahas (176cm), Edwards (180cm), Cousins (179cm), White (179cm), Webberly (181cm), Foley (178cm). At least 3-4 have to go from that lot next week. Webberly stays as does Foley, Edwards so I'd be leaning towards King, Farmer, White, Nahas. Is this DH's plan to build a misquito fleet and re-design how football is played or is it just poor structure/poor team selection?

King: NO FUTURE

White: NO FUTURE

Cousins: Way past it.

Farmer: What the hell do they see in this guy?

Nahas: Geez, showed some good signs early but my god he's starting to get figured out. Has 2 good attributes and that's speed and defensive pressure. Too small, too slight and kicking/decision making are average at best. A lot of question marks starting to creep in about his long-term future.

Oh forgot to mention...Rance and McGuane. NO FUTURE

Tigers of Old said:
May as well. Right now he is in Brown, Bowden, Johnson territory.
Walls was right. Ben is finished.
Thanks for taking my comment out of context
I said if the match commitee aren't going to give him a proper chance to get match fit, then I don't know how he could see the point in keeping going

Cuz seems to be playing like a ruckman... refusing to kick the footy. I know his not gonna be able to kick as far, but surely his not that scared of tearing his hammy again!

OUT: Nahas (pathetic effort with that banana), TV (the kid looks spent and needs a rest) Farmer (susp)

IN: Morton, Simmo and Tambling (need his value up for the GC to take him)

Barnzy said:
Agreed. Quite embarrassing tonight. I think it says a lot about Essendon that they only beat us by 35 points when we're carrying so many small, unskilled players. Why can't DH see this at selection?

Farmer (180cm), King (178cm), Nason (179cm), Nahas (176cm), Edwards (180cm), Cousins (179cm), White (179cm), Webberly (181cm), Foley (178cm). At least 3-4 have to go from that lot next week. Webberly stays as does Foley, Edwards so I'd be leaning towards King, Farmer, White, Nahas. Is this DH's plan to build a misquito fleet and re-design how football is played or is it just poor structure/poor team selection?

King: NO FUTURE

White: NO FUTURE

Cousins: Way past it.

Farmer: What the hell do they see in this guy?

Nahas: Geez, showed some good signs early but my god he's starting to get figured out. Has 2 good attributes and that's speed and defensive pressure. Too small, too slight and kicking/decision making are average at best. A lot of question marks starting to creep in about his long-term future.

Oh forgot to mention...Rance and McGuane. NO FUTURE

What are you on about Barnzy? That was TW plan!

You will agree that White, King, Nahas etc need skilled up grades. Well you have two in Webberly and Nason. The fact that they are all playing at the sametime is due to the fact that we have no one to come in to play a similar roll. Connors will certainly replace one when he comes back. Taylor another.

Mate you know as well as anyone that these issues aren't going to be fixed over night.

ParisAmos said:
B: Kelvin Moore, Will Thursfield, Dean Polo
HB:Richard Tambling, Jayden Post, Chris Newman
C: Brett Deledio, Ben Cousins, Jeromey Webberley
HF: Dustin Martin, Jack Riewoldt, Ben Nason
F: Ben Griffiths, Alex Rance,Morton
Foll: Tyrone Vickery, Trent Cotchin, Nathan Foley
I/C: Angus Graham, Matt White, David Astbury, Troy Taylor

(Jackson, Conners)

In Tambling, Polo, Post, Morton, Taylor, Griffiths
Out King Edwards Farmer Mcguane, Nahas

Want to explain why Edwards is to be dropped?

mcgunna..does have a coupel of brain freezes per game..however he is a gutsy player who works his heart out week in and week out..and is a much better defender than he gets credit for...only one game against him most weeks...his improving to and still young..no way will he be dropped....

I would drop Farmer this week for Polo. He will be suspended anyway.
TV needs a rest. So I would bring Browne in.

As much as I would love to have both Post and Morton in the team, reading the VFL posts they need to continue to work on their games.

Tambling give him another week off so that he can get his body right. Then there will be no excuses perform or else.

Out: Vickery, Farmer, King, Nahas
In: Browne, Polak, (Grimes , Griffiths) if these 2 are fit time to blood em only 2 that havent had a go yet plus gives us more height if not Polo and Collins