CC on his last legs? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

CC on his last legs?

the claw said:
hmm lets just say we had kept the picks we gave up for cameron and we used them on who the dogs took hahn and hargrave would you still say they werent wasted.and yeah i hate throwing up who other sides took it doesnt mean we would have done the same we probably would have got them wrong.

I get what you mean about the picks thing, but gee they were both good to watch and were superb footballers.

Good posting Barnzy. I agree basically with all you've said in this thread (Maybe a little harsh to sack CC right at this minute; even though i don't rate him either). Don't worry about those who oppose you, who scratch their heads and wonder why we are/have been so crap; making excuses why things haven't turned around for us; those who down-play the importance of gaining and using quality draft picks. It's a chronic blindness they've acquired stemming from the nearly 30 years of success starvation this club has gone through. We've never fully embraced the draft and used it completely. You are spot on. Stick to your guns Jimmy regardless of what the blind, those in denial say to you on here. :clap

GO TIGES!!!

Mikee said:
Good posting Barnzy. I agree basically with all you've said in this thread (Maybe a little harsh to sack CC right at this minute; even though i don't rate him either). Don't worry about those who oppose you, who scratch their heads and wonder why we are/have been so crap; making excuses why things haven't turned around for us; those who down-play the importance of gaining and using quality draft picks. It's a chronic blindness they've acquired stemming from the nearly 30 years of success starvation this club has gone through. We've never fully embraced the draft and used it completely. You are spot on. Stick to your guns Jimmy regardless of what the blind, those in denial say to you on here. :clap

GO TIGES!!!

Why are people blind or in denial because they have different opinions to you? No-ones happy with 30 years of failure but that doesn't mean your opinion is right.

Mikee said:

GO TIGES!!!

Isn't that sweet...Barnzy's found a friend on PRE.

Re: Rookie plan puts Tiger Graham Polak at mercy of draft

Disco08 said:
So that's it, you're joining Barnzy on the "Beavis is a dud" bandwagon already?

Who called Hardwick a dud? I'm more concerned about CC.

Tigers of Old said:
Obviously played for someone other than Richmond. ::)
what the.

so we dont take injury into account anymore i take it. from the roly eyes you think i dont take into account injured rfc players. all i can say is grow up and stop being so precious.

my record on injuries for all players yep that includes rfc players has been very tolerant.its the one thing i will excuse players for.
the thing is if a player has chronic injury ala casserly you have to make a call i had no problem with casserly getting the chop but i understood when he did. casserly never got bagged by me.

johns was one of the most highly rated big men in the game as a junior. he had a horror injury with his hip in 2003 before the nd. essendon took a punt on him in the rookie draft. he played 3 games late in 05 so he basically missed 2 yrs with this injury.

06 was very interupted as well hamstring foot and rib injury cost him over half the season even among the injuries he managed 10 games .
07 he managed just 10 games really struggled and continued to have injury concerns imo i think the experiment should have ended here it was plain he was never going to make it. he went pne more yr and was delisted in 08.

the injury this kid got early he was lucky to even play football yet alone last 5yrs on a list and play afl footy.
and he could play he was an e/freo junior and i saw a bit there were plenty who liked him as a junior.

You're calling it the Rabble FC and claw's bemoaning the RFC merry go round of mediocrity, all based on a decision no doubt Beavis is playing a large part in making. If you want to have pot shots at everything to the RFC does you're going to have to admit Hardwick is part of the problem sooner or later.

Freezer said:
Why are people blind or in denial because they have different opinions to you? No-ones happy with 30 years of failure but that doesn't mean your opinion is right.
we arent talking about 30 yrs of failure here though of course the end result and process is definately related.

why are blind or in denial? because people are defending something that we clearly got very wrong. when mistakes happen someone has to be ulimately responsible but the buck is passed on pre, and the excuses flow i can never work this out.

Disco08 said:
You're calling it the Rabble FC and claw's bemoaning the RFC merry go round of mediocrity, all based on a decision no doubt Beavis is playing a large part in making. If you want to have pot shots at everything to the RFC does you're going to have to admit Hardwick is part of the problem sooner or later.

I have a problem with everything in the past with the RFC, mistake after mistake. A lot of this includes CC. DH is new so he will be given time to implement his own ideas and make his mark. If it comes out that he wants to give Polak a new contract then there may be a few question marks and we may not agree with it but we'll just have to support him. Sounds like you're trying to push across an agenda against DH that's not even there.

I'm not trying to push any agenda. I'm not the one being critical of every little thing the RFC is doing. Like I said, if you want to be ultra negative at this point in time you have to include Hardwick on your duds list because there's no doubt he'll be heavily involved in what's going on right now.

Disco08 said:
I'm not trying to push any agenda. I'm not the one being critical of every little thing the RFC is doing. Like I said, if you want to be ultra negative at this point in time you have to include Hardwick on your duds list because there's no doubt he'll be heavily involved in what's going on right now.

I don't have to do anything. As I said before, if he makes decisions I'm not fond of then tough sh!t I'll just have to support it because he needs time to rebuild this rabble. If it comes to a couple years down the track and he's topping up like Wally and not building with quality youth then there may be a problem. He gets my support because I know this will be a long, slow process and he should have everyone elses too. Doesn't stop me expressing my opinion if i do/don't like players that are re-signed, etc.

I'm with Disco on this.

I have been quite negative to the goings on at Richmond, and I believe rightly so.

I had a genuine hatred for Wallace, and did not like the way Greg Miller did his thing on the football side of things. I genuinely was frustrated at the lack of professionalism and direction and to be totally honest, I have seen how a club operates first hand in all facets of operation, then I see the club I love and the way they are going about things, I built up an anger that obviously some tend to do. Also to be even more truthful, I was embarrassed that I got sold on the Wallace appointment. My reasoning was at the time our club was in the dirt and needed as much media and publicity it can get to be around. My thoughts were confirmed when Steven Wright did tell me when he took over, the club was close to death. That is no joke. Anyway back onto Wallace, I was sure from listening to him on 3aw he was the man, and ignored my mates in the industry when they were telling me it was a bad move. I got conned a beauty. So did our great club. I was pissed off. Embarrassed and pissed off.

This time I am listening to the same sources. The same guys who have more years experience in the industry than I have years on this planet. They are all telling me we have got this one right. They can sense a turn around in all facets. They are saying there is a momentum being built up with our club, it's only a matter of time.

We start with a clean slate. Everyone.

Richard Tambling. Daniel Jackson. Wayne Campbell. Shane Tuck. Jake King. Craig Cameron. Brendan Gale. Ben Cousins. Gary March.

All the people at our club. The slate is clean. There is no reason being negative. Hardwick has just started his job. His direction. We just have to sit back, observe, trust and support, passionately what he and the club are about to do.

That's my thinking anyway.

Tigerbob said:
We start with a clean slate. Everyone.

Jake King.

All the people at our club. The slate is clean. T

Jake King may get a clean slate but he's always going to be a dud that's not up to it.

Barnzy said:
I don't have to do anything. As I said before, if he makes decisions I'm not fond of then tough sh!t I'll just have to support it because he needs time to rebuild this rabble. If it comes to a couple years down the track and he's topping up like Wally and not building with quality youth then there may be a problem. He gets my support because I know this will be a long, slow process and he should have everyone elses too. Doesn't stop me expressing my opinion if i do/don't like players that are re-signed, etc.

Obviously. It's just makes no sense to be calling the RFC the Rabble Football Club based on a decision that clearly involves Hardwick but then turn around and say you fully support him.

Disco08 said:
Obviously. It's just makes no sense to be calling the RFC the Rabble Football Club based on a decision that clearly involves Hardwick but then turn around and say you fully support him.

So you want me to start calling him a dud not supporting him? Did you even read my post? I said if I don't agree with certain decisions he is apart of then there may be some concerns but he will still get my support for a fair while to rebuild this rabble from the ground up. He just needs time and a lot of it. I will not write him off at the very start even if there are some things I don't agree with - Richo playing on, Polak maybe re-signed, Simmonds another year. But for me, CC has done his dash along with a lot of other RFC employees of the past and thus made us the target of abuse from everyone within AFL industry and fans alike - we deserve to be called a rabble until we turn things around.

Yep, I'm reading your posts loud and clear mate. No matter which way you try and explain it I'm afraid it makes very little sense to me. It's the Rabble FC, but one of the people most responsible isn't included in your criticism.

Was the RFC not a rabble when Cameron took over? You're not affording him the same luxuries as you're supposedly giving Beavis (despite routinely slagging off everything Beavis is involved in)?