CC on his last legs? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

CC on his last legs?

Barnzy said:
Sounds like you're happy with giving McGuane a 3 year deal? Not suprised since you are fans of limited footballers like Tom Hislop and openly stick up for them.

You really need to give the over the top optimism and blind faith a rest Bob and look at the bigger picture as you like to tell me so much.

The day I take advice from you Barnzy is the day I stop following football.

I will take my advice from people that watch the games and have some idea of their own on what makes successful football sides and clubs, not from someone that reads reports and puts things down as the be all and end all.

On my optimism, well I have full faith in the direction the club are going. Last season, I didn't. I am not being overley optimistic for no good reason. I feel I know my football and have experienced success of some kind. I attend every game possible and communicate with people who know their football.

I have little time for knowitalls like you who have really no idea and live in fantasy land when it comes to football.

Tigerbob said:

I will take my advice from people that watch the games and have some idea of their own on what makes successful football sides and clubs, not from someone that reads reports and puts things down as the be all and end all.

On my optimism, well I have full faith in the direction the club are going. Last season, I didn't. I am not being overley optimistic for no good reason. I feel I know my football and have experienced success of some kind. I attend every game possible and communicate with people who know their football.

I have little time for knowitalls like you who have really no idea and live in fantasy land when it comes to football.

There you go again Bob, just because you put together fancy little paragraphs with your over the top optimism doesn't mean you know everything about football. Just because I live so far away from the city and can't get to every single game doesn't mean I don't know as much as you or anyone else about football. Quite arrogant and selfish of you to suggest otherwise. I also laugh at everytime you post you have to put in inside word and how you 'know' the club is headed in the right direction and you know what's going on inside the RFC like you have a million sources. Your attitude when posting like you have a superior view to others is just ridiculous.

I think you're wrong on this one, McGuane shouln't have been re-signed to a 3 year deal and Jackson should've been traded at the end of last year.

TB a McGuane and Jackson lover ? Now I have heard everything.

Just one thing on the 3yrs deal to Mcguane.I don,t mind Mcguane because he,s about the only one who shows emotion and seems like he gives a stuff and he doesn,t mind dishing it out.Is he a liability well he,s not on his pat malone there.Not because of lack of abiltity but lack of confidence thru the entire backline group.Makes the job so much harder.
Anyway back to the 3yr deal.Would you prefer some bafoons in some backroom working out the best compensation pick we can get for him or do you prefer we do our own negotiation in regards to the GC Barnzy?

BTW you have the gull to put Rance as part of our future yet you criticise Mcguane.Mind puzzling.

do we actually have a confirmation the contract timing is 100% legit, or are we running at shadows here?

Barnzy said:
There you go again Bob, just because you put together fancy little paragraphs with your over the top optimism doesn't mean you know everything about football. Just because I live so far away from the city and can't get to every single game doesn't mean I don't know as much as you or anyone else about football. Quite arrogant and selfish of you to suggest otherwise. I also laugh at everytime you post you have to put in inside word and how you 'know' the club is headed in the right direction and you know what's going on inside the RFC like you have a million sources.

I think you're wrong on this one, McGuane shouln't have been re-signed to a 3 year deal and Jackson should've been traded at the end of last year.

Is that your opinion or was it formed over reading reports?

Baloo said:
TB a McGuane and Jackson lover ? Now I have heard everything.

:hihi

Shocked me too mate.

Tigerbob said:
Is that your opinion or was it formed over reading reports?

Yep, it's my opinion. What's wrong with reading a report of Coburg if you can't get to a game?

How about you get off your high horse like you're superior to everyone else with your little stories acting like only your opinion counts because others are worthless. Oh look at me TB, I have inside sources, watch more Coburg games than you and know everything.

Tigerbob said:

This post is a perfect example.

Tigerbob said:

In terms of fantasy I think many of your optimistic missives are complete fantasy. You need to bring a bit of critical analysis to some of your reports.

You seem to have a few sycophants on this site that want to beleive every word you type but I prefer the reality of a barnzy.

Funny how you say Richmond appears to be full of people who know their football, how did they get it so wrong? Or is it just now there are people at the club who know their football?

Keep it real Tbob or even your most ardent admirers will eventually wise up.

Barnzy said:

I can see McGuane getting a 3 year deal because what key defenders have we got that will peak in 3 years? Post looks like he will take all of that 3 years to become a key. Others like Grimes as well. Any recruits we get this year won't mature until at least 3 years.

I highly doubt the deal is for $400K however, thats just pie in the sky.

The AFL landscape is going to be reasonably uncertain for the next few years, with the imminent entry of two predators in GC and GWS, followed by the advent of Free Agency.

I would argue that all football managers must put their best endeavours into ensuring that most of their squads are contracted at all times. Yes, that leads to situations like Jordan McMahon is in at present, but all things considered, that is better than the alternative.

The two new clubs will pounce on uncontracted players and the compensation for them is going to be minimal at best. Why would any club want to dangle a 23 year old 50-60 gamer out for them to take at no expense? Surely, the smart play is to contract each and every player on your list and then if you decide to trade them, to negotiate a trade? As we have seen with Rodan, Schulz, Raines, Pattison and others, even our cast-offs can have value in the market-place, under the right circumstances. Leaving them uncontracted gives you absolutely no power at the negotiating table.

Think about this. GC and GWS have access to 16 uncontracted players each over the next three years. What would happen if the other 16 clubs don’t allow any of their players to fall out of contract, other than guaranteed delistings, over that period? Would they not be forced to trade some of those precious early picks we keep talking about? The alternative will be to pick up a series of discards, which won’t really fit with their grand plans.

Any football manager that allows too many of his players to fall out of contract over the next few years is negligent. As usual, the solution to the problem is to get the right players into your club to begin with. That is much harder to do.

Don’t pot our administrators for contracting players, they are just doing their jobs as they should do them. By all means, pot them for recruiting the wrong ones in the first place, that is another issue.

TOT, so what you lose a McMahon or McGuane for nothing, that is all they are really worth. In the mean time you have a list clogger on the list you could have used a draft pick on.

Tigerbob said:
The club should sack CC and hire Barnzy.

Who said you need to watch games of football to know how to transform our club.

There's probably over $1M of football management people selecting players you obviously despise Barnzy (and others), yet I've rarely heard "....but obviously those in the know, know better". Could tolerate your bombastic comments Barnzy with a small caveat every now and then that someone else might actually know more or have a better idea.

Don;t think McGuane is as bad as you make out, though I'd concede we still need to do better. His disposal that I've observed, and read about statistically is far better than you seem to claim. Wish we had the luxury of playing him as the utility he probably is - but we don't. Have we paid overs? Probably, but that's what you get when you 'retire a couple of million dollars of player experience - you have to pay it somewhere. 92.5%?

And on Jackson, yes his disposal does concern me greatly, this is backed up statistically, but Harwick has said he wants to be judged on how much he and his staff can improve what was left. Jackson extracts bravely. So let's give Hardwick this season to at least to see what improvement he can achieve with all the players you claim are miserable in one form or another.

Like you I'm far from a fan of CC. He's in the same basket as I put Danny Frawley when appointed - in charge of failure - so why transfer it here. But again, at this time of the year, we can only watch, support and make such protestations when the season finishes up and all the scores are on the board. As far as I'm aware, he alone doesn't make all the decisions, seeks counce

Oh, and have you had the courage of your convictions to email, write or telephone the club with all your criticisms, or are we special. ;D

Tiger74 said:
do we actually have a confirmation the contract timing is 100% legit, or are we running at shadows here?
Exactly. Where is the proof in the signing?

I did a bit of research and couldnt find a single thing. From what I am led to believe his previous contract was due to expire at the end of this year.

on the $400k, this (assuming it is legit) could also be a front ended payment - remember the club has said it was moving to front load several players contracts given our low wage bill this season

TOT70 said:
The AFL landscape is going to be reasonably uncertain for the next few years, with the imminent entry of two predators in GC and GWS, followed by the advent of Free Agency.

I would argue that all football managers must put their best endeavours into ensuring that most of their squads are contracted at all times. Yes, that leads to situations like Jordan McMahon is in at present, but all things considered, that is better than the alternative.

The two new clubs will pounce on uncontracted players and the compensation for them is going to be minimal at best. Why would any club want to dangle a 23 year old 50-60 gamer out for them to take at no expense? Surely, the smart play is to contract each and every player on your list and then if you decide to trade them, to negotiate a trade? As we have seen with Rodan, Schulz, Raines, Pattison and others, even our cast-offs can have value in the market-place, under the right circumstances. Leaving them uncontracted gives you absolutely no power at the negotiating table.

Think about this. GC and GWS have access to 16 uncontracted players each over the next three years. What would happen if the other 16 clubs don’t allow any of their players to fall out of contract, other than guaranteed delistings, over that period? Would they not be forced to trade some of those precious early picks we keep talking about? The alternative will be to pick up a series of discards, which won’t really fit with their grand plans.

Any football manager that allows too many of his players to fall out of contract over the next few years is negligent. As usual, the solution to the problem is to get the right players into your club to begin with. That is much harder to do.

Don’t pot our administrators for contracting players, they are just doing their jobs as they should do them. By all means, pot them for recruiting the wrong ones in the first place, that is another issue.

Well written. Pity it will fly over some peoples heads.

Big Cat Lover said:
In terms of fantasy I think many of your optimistic missives are complete fantasy. You need to bring a bit of critical analysis to some of your reports.

You seem to have a few sycophants on this site that want to beleive every word you type but I prefer the reality of a barnzy.

Funny how you say Richmond appears to be full of people who know their football, how did they get it so wrong? Or is it just now there are people at the club who know their football?

LOL

Ok where to start. You will take reality from a bloke that doesn't attend games or watch the outcome of games but will say for fact things happened?

I don't want to burst your bubble here mate, but good on you. Also, I do not give a rats what you think.

My most ardent admirers like you call it are people who know me and who I am and what I do. I don't need to impress them...mate. When I gett a minute from work I will respond to most of that other dribble. Then again, what's the point?

Tiger74 said:
on the $400k, this (assuming it is legit) could also be a front ended payment - remember the club has said it was moving to front load several players contracts given our low wage bill this season

It's always more than black and white. Yet some want to take everything as fact and think they know better when they wouldn't know the situation. Let them have their time in the sun on this forum.

Big Cat Lover said:

O.K, that's it! - where's Claw?.....we need some balanced opinions around here.

IanG said:
I can see McGuane getting a 3 year deal because what key defenders have we got that will peak in 3 years? Post looks like he will take all of that 3 years to become a key. Others like Grimes as well. Any recruits we get this year won't mature until at least 3 years.

I highly doubt the deal is for $400K however, thats just pie in the sky.

But what is McGuane's peak going to be? What improvement has he shown in 6 years? Is he still improving?

Agree with TOT that our recruiting is ultimately to blame but cannot agree that keeping such a deficient footballer is good list management.

Big Cat Lover said:
But what is McGuane's peak going to be? What improvement has he shown in 6 years? Is he still improving?

Agree with TOT that our recruiting is ultimately to blame but cannot agree that keeping such a deficient footballer is good list management.

Well what would you have done and when BCL?