CC on his last legs? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

CC on his last legs?

Barnzy said:
So you think CC signed him up because he had a guarantee/strong interest from Port that they would trade for him in the future? If that was the case why wouldn't he just sign him up to a 1 year deal then instead? Stop trying to palm this off as a win for CC

Why should I? The result is a win for the RFC no doubt. Why should anyone not at least acknowledge the possibility that this would good administartion by Cameron?

As for signing him to a one year deal - that would seem rather silly as it would have given Schulz the chance to not re-sign and go into the ND or PSD would Port would have got him for free.

Barnzy said:
let's not forget the re-signing of that little unskilled runt King.

I've already said that I agree that was a mistake.

Dear Santa,

Not sure if you missed my question in the traffic rush. What are the tough decisions you credit Hardwick for? I did a search through your posts after you told me I don't read things but I'm still not sure what you're referring to and/or how you know they were his decisions.

Disco08 said:
Why should I? The result is a win for the RFC no doubt. Why should anyone not at least acknowledge the possibility that this would good administartion by Cameron?

How is it win? We have at this stage got a unproven small. Nothing more. At this stage *smile* is a better AFL footballer then Farmer. It could turn out ok but at this stage it is not a win.

Numerous times you have stated that there is no point in trying to rebuild the list with late picks yet you call this tiny upgrade a win?

straws.jpg

Compared to delisting Schulz, which is what Barnzy and claw are suggesting should have happened, this result is a win. Upgrding a pick from 80 something to 72 is hardly akin to "rebuilding the list with late picks." It's not a major gain but it's better than nothing.

Couldn't you have just said you think I'm cluthing st straws, or does every disagreement have to come with childish attemps at derision?

Disco08 said:
Couldn't you have just said you think I'm cluthing st straws, or does every disagreement have to come with childish attemps at derision?

Geez, lighten up Disco. Every disagreement? Good grief. Just chuck a little extra mayo on next time.

Schulz was held on too for far too long, we knocked back a better deal to get a unbroven back pocket and a slight upgrade of a pick after 70. But I do agree that he didn't deserve to be delisted. Hardly a win and I think you are clutching at straws trying to prove it. CC has done nothing outstading or even upwardly impressive thus far. The easy choices that should have been made years ago are being made and he is getting praise for it. Why are some wrapping him up for doing things that he is supposed to be doing? Talk about setting the bar low.

I don't see anyone saying he's done anything special.

SCOOP said:
Geez, lighten up Disco. Every disagreement? Good grief. Just chuck a little extra mayo on next time.

Fair enough, I just don't see the need for it mate.

Disco08 said:

As for signing him to a one year deal - that would seem rather silly as it would have given Schulz the chance to not re-sign and go into the ND or PSD would Port would have got him for free.

Agree with this. At least Cameron got something for him.
He likely would have been delisted if he was on a 1 year deal and then Port get him for nothing.
Farmer + late pick might be unproven but Schulz had run his race at Richmond.
Still I'll watch with interest how he goes at Port.

Tigers of Old said:
Still I'll watch with interest how he goes at Port.

Me too - however seeing How Raines goes may be even more telling of our development/ability to develop players.

I will be watching both though.

Disco08 said:

I've already said that I agree that was a mistake.
because it wasnt good administration if this is how we are to go about it we are in deep *smile*. we got lucky in the end this is how miller used to go about it on a wing and a prayer. ffs how dare you try and pass it of as it good admin, you really do insult our intelligence.

imo i reckon your defending for defending sake on this one. we may have got a reasonable result out of it all but a fringe second yr player and late pick sort of shows schulz real worth dont you think.
mate schulz is one of the few talls ive wanted out from an early age always obvious to me he was not up to afl standard.end of 05 i wanted him out the door.

mate you cant work me out i have to say im bamboozled by you you really do defend everything they do.

the claw said:
because it wasnt good administration if this is how we are to go about it we are in deep sh!t. we got lucky in the end this is how miller used to go about it on a wing and a prayer. ffs how dare you try and pass it of as it good admin, you really do insult our intelligence.

How dare I? Get of your high horse, please. If you admit he was lucky, you're admitting it was a good move. If it was a good move, at least admit the possibility that Cameron didn't just fluke it. That's all I'm asking.

the claw said:
imo i reckon your defending for defending sake on this one. we may have got a reasonable result out of it all but a fringe second yr player and late pick sort of shows schulz real worth dont you think.
mate schulz is one of the few talls ive wanted out from an early age always obvious to me he was not up to afl standard.end of 05 i wanted him out the door.

mate you cant work me out i have to say im bamboozled by you you really do defend everything they do.

Disco08 said:
I do think it would have been better to keep the pick traded for Thomson....I also didn't/don't like the decision to pass at 70

Disco08 said:
I'm not trying make excuses.....I agree it was a stuff up from all involved including Cameron. The supporters seemed to know that the list we had wasn't going to go anywhere in a hurry but for some reason the blokes in charge thought we were locked and loaded. However the blame lies with all of them, not just Cameron.

Disco08 said:
What a ridiculous thing to say. My last post went through the things I thought he'd done well and thing's he'd stuffed up on. Is it possible to actually discuss anything with you without these childish little jibs?

Disco08 said:
I for one am not saying Cameron has done everything right at all. I think getting Thomson was a mistake once we also picked up Hislop (or vice versa). Giving King a new contract seems like a mistake to me too...Simmonds staying on also seems strange....

That's from the last 3 days. Read much?

Disco08 said:
How dare I? Get of your high horse, please. If you admit he was lucky, you're admitting it was a good move. If it was a good move, at least admit the possibility that Cameron didn't just fluke it. That's all I'm asking.

That's from the last 3 days. Read much?
ppppffftt i read em they mean jack you defend em at all costs.

like i said if that is the process he is going to go thru (you know that word process that keeps on getting mentioned) for all our trades hes going to need more than luck. like i said dont insult my intelligence.

he could of snared pick one and it would have been wrong successful but wrong and yep because you dont grasp what im saying you will jump all over that im sure.

cc oh *smile* what to do with schulz. oh i know port were interested once ill give him two yrs and if im lucky they might give me something for him. hmm i know hes a list clogger but sheesh we dont need kpps coming thru if im lucky i can get something for this bloke.

laughable. pardon the disdain but thats all it deserves.

Disco08 said:
Barnzy, claw - happy with Cameron's efforts this year so far?
what are you on about yep im happy with the delistings and yep i will say well done. but lets face it thats the easy part and 12 months late and nothing more than what most would have done.
in a way those delistings very much vindicate a lot of what ive been saying for yrs.

you want me to give him a pat on the back for something i would have done as soon as i walked in the door for doing the obvious. well a big pat on the back to him pity he couldnt get it right last yr. but better late than never eh.
weather you like it or not they the club got it very wrong cameron is a principal in that. getting it right this yr doesnt alter that.

ive said i would cut him some slack but im not going to rewrite history for him just to make him look good. to me last yr was an abysmal failure lets hope its a lesson learnt and it doesnt happen again. so far this of season so good.

the claw said:
lets face it thats the easy part and 12 months late and nothing more than what most would have done.

Reasonable post. Smarter list management would have done more before now but like has already been said numerous times, Cameron was the Johnny come lately onto the back of 'locked and loaded'.

So far so good post Wallet.

the claw said:
what are you on about

It was a straight forward question.

Thanks for rehashing most of the stuff we've already been over too, but well done I guess for answering the actual question. Cheers.

Tigers of Old said:
Reasonable post. Smarter list management would have done more before now but like has already been said numerous times, Cameron was the Johnny come lately onto the back of 'locked and loaded'.

So far so good post Wallet.
he might of been jonny come lately so he had an extenuating circumstance still doesnt alter the fact we got it wrong some it seems want to fight tooth and nail to not admit this. for some the club can do no wrong or theres some extenuating reason that means its not really a failure. please give me a break.

the claw said:
he might of been jonny come lately so he had an extenuating circumstance still doesnt alter the fact we got it wrong some it seems want to fight tooth and nail to not admit this. for some the club can do no wrong or theres some extenuating reason that means its not really a failure. please give me a break.

One needs to accept he's made a mistake before he can genuinely attempt to rectify it. I suspect CC has now done this.