Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

caesar said:
20 Million from State Gov't NOW an extra 15 million from Federal Gov't for redevelopment of Ikon Park, just another reason to hate Carlton, meanwhile Richmond given donuts :mad:
We are a massive club but without the heavy hitters, lobbyists and political clout to gain favors unlike some other clubs.
Benny and Peggy must be seething on many levels.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this mostly driven by the popular support for AFLW? Cartoon got AFL endorsement for their team immediately whereas we were denied until 2020. So Ikon Park has become a feature ground for the women's game.

AFLW is now a political cause celebre accruing much feelgood public support and thus political too (it's also about the huge women's vote). Hence the funds are flowing for it. Cartoon's cleverly exploiting the bandwagon, inspired by the AFL's favouritism for them (and Colonwood), while prejudicing RFC's chances. Blatant.

caesar said:
20 Million from State Gov't NOW an extra 15 million from Federal Gov't for redevelopment of Ikon Park, just another reason to hate Carlton, meanwhile Richmond given donuts :mad:
We are a massive club but without the heavy hitters, lobbyists and political clout to gain favors unlike some other clubs.

Yes and no - I like the way we just do things on our own and don’t rely on handouts - it’s the new Richmond culture.

Giving the women’s license to Carlton was blatant pork barrelling by the afl to the blues given their outgoing chairman at the time was a blues man - while the blues machine keep their hand out they will keep collecting spoons

Nice photo of Cartoon's AFLW team.....
DaisyThomastraining1024.JPG

caesar said:

for the 100th time, i don't want not one cent from the government to rebuild the JDS. i am sick of footy clubs going to the government for handouts. absolutely sick of it. we can and should do it ourselves with our own money.

Ian4 said:
for the 100th time, i don't want not one cent from the government to rebuild the JDS. i am sick of footy clubs going to the government for handouts. absolutely sick of it. we can and should do it ourselves with our own money.

Are you happy to take money from sponsors?
How about government agencies who sponsor?
The club's money is our money. The governments money is our money. Everyone has their hands out. That's how it works

Dont Argue said:
Are you happy to take money from sponsors?
How about government agencies who sponsor?
The club's money is our money. The governments money is our money. Everyone has their hands out. That's how it works

1. government money comes with conditions. these conditions means you have to share facilities with other minor sports or the local community. If we pay for it ourselves, we can p!ss all of that stuff off. it can be 100% for richmond and the fans.
2. i am sick of taypayer dollars funding footy infrastructure. since 2003 the figure is well over $5 billion across australia. thats insanely obscene. enough is enough!!!

Ian4 said:
1. government money comes with conditions. these conditions means you have to share facilities with other minor sports or the local community. If we pay for it ourselves, we can p!ss all of that stuff off. it can be 100% for richmond and the fans.
2. i am sick of taypayer dollars funding footy infrastructure. since 2003 the figure is well over $5 billion across australia. thats insanely obscene. enough is enough!!!

I'm edging that way too.... WOuldnt the 20 million be better spent on building the change rooms for junior girls teams ...the real future of the game girls who have played for 10 years before becoming elite...and other grass roots organisations ...sport and other community groups.
Surprised there hasn't been an equal grant for GEelong but wait there is still 2 months until the election.

22nd Man said:
Surprised there hasn't been an equal grant for GEelong but wait there is still 2 months until the election.

the state government last year promised $102 million for the next stage of the Kardinia Park development as part of a $602 million handout for footy :vomit

leon said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this mostly driven by the popular support for AFLW? Cartoon got AFL endorsement for their team immediately whereas we were denied until 2020. So Ikon Park has become a feature ground for the women's game.

AFLW is now a political cause celebre accruing much feelgood public support and thus political too (it's also about the huge women's vote). Hence the funds are flowing for it. Cartoon's cleverly exploiting the bandwagon, inspired by the AFL's favouritism for them (and Colonwood), while prejudicing RFC's chances. Blatant.
Carlscum can have the funding to upgrade the ground, we'll just have to be happy smashing them in rnd 1 and then we go on to win the 2019 flag

Ian4 said:
the state government last year promised $102 million for the next stage of the Kardinia Park development as part of a $602 million handout for footy :vomit

How many stages are there? Seems like it's been in continued upgrade since Steve Bracks knocked Jeff off.

22nd Man said:
How many stages are there? Seems like it's been in continued upgrade since Steve Bracks knocked Jeff off.
Believe it's finally the last upgrade, at least for a year or two. Probably done about four upgrades almost non stop since Bracksy became the bottomless golden chalice.

22nd Man said:

You’d reckon with all these ‘upgrades’ of the Sh!ttery it wouldn’t still be such a massive cr@phole. Go figure.

We must be doing something right. Now it's Carlton, following our lead from 9 years ago.

Carlton has unveiled a bold five-year plan that aspires to winning premierships “across AFL and AFLW” and signing 100,000 members by 2023.

"The Carlton Way” strategic plan, ticked off by the Blues’ board, is being sent to members this afternoon.

Similar to Richmond’s ambitious 0-3-75 vision unveiled by chief executive Brendon Gale in 2010, the rebuilding Blues have laid out a long-term plan to return the club to greatness.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-daily-live-rolling-footy-news-from-around-australia-for-march-14-2019/live-coverage/48e1c5864454243e89aac265e8b59b48 (paywalled)