Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
We must be doing something right. Now it's Carlton, following our lead from 9 years ago.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-daily-live-rolling-footy-news-from-around-australia-for-march-14-2019/live-coverage/48e1c5864454243e89aac265e8b59b48 (paywalled)
244eb6316447a734e204e63cdb0c3ac9

Blues reveal grand premiership plan
AFL DAILY Carlton has unveiled a bold five-year plan that aspires to winning
premierships and signing 100,000 members. Can the Blues follow Richmond's
successful blueprint? LIVE UPDATES4m17

From Copywood to Copyton.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
We must be doing something right. Now it's Carlton, following our lead from 9 years ago.

well their CEO is one of ours. you can't blame them for copying our blueprint.

5 year plan blue print

1. Player better football
2. Sign more members
3. Win grand final

Done. Now just sit back a wait for it to happen.

TigerForce said:
If they still need 5 years for this, those green shoots will be turning into weed.
Yep. Thought they'd already done their tanking, getting multiple top two draft picks n buying all GeeWhizz's leftovers. Should be primed for a major assault on their grand final by next Thurs evening.

Wonder if they made any mention of sticking fat with Chuckles for another five years?????? Got a feeling he'll be the first one they'll a large new one through by the end of this year, absolute maximum by the end of next year. But only if they've gone all touchy feely new age navel gazing over their fancy new five year plan.

TigerMasochist said:
Yep. Thought they'd already done their tanking, getting multiple top two draft picks n buying all GeeWhizz's leftovers. Should be primed for a major assault on their grand final by next Thurs evening.

Wonder if they made any mention of sticking fat with Chuckles for another five years?????? Got a feeling he'll be the first one they'll a large new one through by the end of this year, absolute maximum by the end of next year. But only if they've gone all touchy feely new age navel gazing over their fancy new five year plan.

That's what I was wondering. Good luck to Cartoon.....they're gonna need it.

So Carlton make a statement they think they can win a flag within 5 years and Barrett claims reporting that as an exclusive. Pretty odd claim.

se7en said:
5 year plan blue print

1. Player better football
2. Sign more members
3. Win grand final

Done. Now just sit back a wait for it to happen.

It's funny isn't it. "we sat down and decided the time was right to stop being shithouse, try and build out pathetically stalled membership base, and perhaps even be good at some point in the future." I should probably read the details of the plan, but at what point should someone ask - "why hasn't this always been the plan?"

hutstar said:
It's funny isn't it. "we sat down and decided the time was right to stop being sh!thouse, try and build out pathetically stalled membership base, and perhaps even be good at some point in the future." I should probably read the details of the plan, but at what point should someone ask - "why hasn't this always been the plan?"

Think a few were laughing at the Tigers when we hatched our audacious plan as well. I was certainly asking the same question, why hasn't this been the plan all along?

tigerlove said:
Think a few were laughing at the Tigers when we hatched our audacious plan as well. I was certainly asking the same question, why hasn't this been the plan all along?

Most were laughing. I think everyone is entitled to be skeptical until the rhetoric is put into practice.

hutstar said:
It's funny isn't it. "we sat down and decided the time was right to stop being sh!thouse, try and build out pathetically stalled membership base, and perhaps even be good at some point in the future." I should probably read the details of the plan, but at what point should someone ask - "why hasn't this always been the plan?"

I know this sounds terrible, but I really hope they fail.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Most were laughing. I think everyone is entitled to be skeptical until the rhetoric is put into practice.

A better coach and one or two more top line youngsters and the Blues will be back amongst in the not too distant future.

They've got a wealth of good young talls, they just need another ruck and one or two more good midfielders and maybe a quality Half back and they'll be up and running.

Cam Liddle seems to have been well accepted at Carlton, seems to be bringing some professionalism to the place.

Ironically they are now the sleeping giant, taking away our mantle after 37 years.

craig said:
A better coach and one or two more top line youngsters and the Blues will be back amongst in the not too distant future.

They've got a wealth of good young talls, they just need another ruck and one or two more good midfielders and maybe a quality Half back and they'll be up and running.

Cripps, Dow, Walsh, Curnow look the goods and a few others have potential. If they're going to win a flag within five years, the bulk of the team needs to be on the list already, and they need to start climbing now. They're as likely to finish bottom four again as not, IMO.

Rookie coaches are very un-Carlton and if Bolton is sacked this year, for argument's sake, there aren't a lot of coaches available with rock-solid credentials. A coach poach would be on the cards.