Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

They won’t win in the next five years. They haven’t figured out you cannot buy a flag anymore.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Cripps, Dow, Walsh, Curnow look the goods and a few others have potential. If they're going to win a flag within five years, the bulk of the team needs to be on the list already, and they need to start climbing now. They're as likely to finish bottom four again as not, IMO.

Rookie coaches are very un-Carlton and if Bolton is sacked this year, for argument's sake, there aren't a lot of coaches available with rock-solid credentials. A coach poach would be on the cards.

Maybe they can hire Kenny after he gets the bullet from Kommissar Kochie at Alberton

craig said:
A better coach and one or two more top line youngsters and the Blues will be back amongst in the not too distant future.

They've got a wealth of good young talls, they just need another ruck and one or two more good midfielders and maybe a quality Half back and they'll be up and running.

Pity they gave Adelaide their 2020 pick 1 then. ;D

craig said:
They've got a wealth of good young talls, they just need another ruck and one or two more good midfielders and maybe a quality Half back and they'll be up and running.
Perfect time for other clubs to start poaching Carlscum's key young players. Four, five, six years in the system n floggings every week. Their players will need a refresh n reset before their careers entirely disappear down the toilet. Must be a few teams sitting around the finals with potential to go very deep n just needing that extra young gun who's got a hundred games under the belt.

Carlton wont be getting flogged past this year

2019 - bottom 4
2020 9-14
2021 - finals

Carlton will be looking to bring in 2 free agents end of the year in the A class range , Kelly / Coniglio /Ruck will be the targets and or maybe a Ellis type for outside run
Will most likely trade their 1st pick also fo a 23-25 year old small foward

With another 2-3-4 quality players they will be alot better as well as most of their kids getting to 50+ games

turk-d-tiger said:
Carlton wont be getting flogged past this year

2019 - bottom 4
2020 9-14
2021 - finals

Carlton will be looking to bring in 2 free agents end of the year in the A class range , Kelly / Coniglio /Ruck will be the targets and or maybe a Ellis type for outside run
Will most likely trade their 1st pick also fo a 23-25 year old small foward

With another 2-3-4 quality players they will be alot better as well as most of their kids getting to 50+ games
. Didn't they trade 1st rounds with Adelaide next year?

These 'green shites' the coach was talking about last year. They amount to Charlie Curnow, Dow. Maybe McKay. Fisher, a nice change mid in the making. Perhaps Petrevski-Seton. And now the prodigious Walsh.

The rest are geriatrics, Patrick Cripps, or the usual colour shites.

The Big Richo said:
I feel like the entire competition is underrating us.

I keep seeing 'expert' predictions having us 3rd or 4th or lower and not premiers. People forget how dominant we were last year.

I think we will dominate the competition this year again and this time not let it slip. And I think it will start with a 10 goal plus win on Thursday.

I hope that you are correct Richoman but I for one am happy for The Maggots and The Deez and the Druggies to get all the media adoration and hyperbole.

The Big Richo said:
I feel like the entire competition is underrating us.

I actually have the opposite impression. A lot of people have picked us for top two, almost by default because there are no obvious knocks on us, except perhaps ruck.

Can see the comp tightening up a little this year, perhaps with the exception of the bottom one or two. Fingers crossed we're at the pointy end again.

I think we may drop a game or two early to good sides on the up trying to prove they are the new big boys in the yard. Latter in the season we will step it up after realising we peaked to early last year.

Last year I felt only west coast at there best could possibly beat us at our best.

This year I worry that The pies and the dees capable.

The way the pies jumped out of the box late last year, the confidence they gained, that extra Juice they used, could energise several sides enough to be the side to beat when it counts.

Its all guess work. The next 22 weeks will be interesting. Cant wait. So nice going into seasons as a contender rather than as struggler or an up comer!

smokin joe said:
Anyone no what time the boys will be training tomorrow morning ? Caesar maybe ?

about 9:30am to 11:00am, if you are coming make sure you have your membership on you for the best chance of not being harrassed by security to move on.

Im really excited about this weeks game , Expecting a thrashing of 66+ points and top of the ladder with a good percentage boosting win

turk-d-tiger said:
Im really excited about this weeks game , Expecting a thrashing of 66+ points and top of the ladder with a good percentage boosting win
Love the enthusiasm but when was the last time we knocked off Carlton by 10 goals??

I expect a win but not more than 4 goals.