Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

TigerFlag2017 said:
Will Bolton get through the season?
I think there prez is on very thin ice, though he is a pompous flog like Elliot so he may be around for a few more spoons.

I’m tipping if they do start poorly the sharks in the media will come fast and hard

Mr Brightside said:
I think they’ll win between 8-10 games

carlton might improve as a team but so is everyone else. i can only see them beating gold coast and perhaps 50/50 against st kilda and freo (if they play them here)

Not going to say they'll win 8-10 games but it's got to be nonsense to think they don't have the capacity to improve considerably. After all the draft-looting due to their tanking, just look at the spine they can throw on the field: Mackay, C. Curnow, Cripps, McGovern, Weitering with some decent quality on the fringes too.

They have timed their 'tanking par excellence' (see the extraordinary match V GWS in 2018 who kicked 7 on them in the last with 16/17 players afield). Statements issuing from Ikon Park indicate it was all planned and now they are ready to launch.

Might need a better coach but expect real step up over the next 3 years.

Carlton have a very strange list demographic , Their team's average games is about 56 games

They have 9 players which all have 3 years or less to play with 4 most likely going end of 2019

Murphy - 249 games
Simpson - 307
Casboult - 104 games
Thomas - 238 games
Lobbe - 98 games
Liam Jones - 112 games
Mathew Kreuzer - 173 Games
Alex Fosolo - 101 Games
Ed Curnow - 143 games

When you extract all these players in 3 years time they will still be around the same games average in 3 years which indicates a very inexperienced list, Really need to bring in some quality players around the 100 games+ range

Can’t see them anywhere above bottom 3. They’re on a similar track to Brisbane, but not coached as well. The Lions could win 10 this year.

zgod said:
Agree.
They will come out firing.
I see it as zadanger gane game and have the blues knocking on the door of the 8 this year.

Hope the umpires don’t come out firing again.

se7en said:
Hope the umpires don’t come out firing again.
It’s almost a given they will. It’s almost traditional that they impose themselves in the opening round, keen to show how proficient they are in interpreting the “rule of the new season”.

tigertim said:
It’s almost a given they will. It’s almost traditional that they impose themselves in the opening round, keen to show how proficient they are in interpreting the “rule of the new season”.

Agree. We copped it with that dumbshit protection zone garbage early last season, so why not spank us again with more. Gill the Dill loves it.

tigertim said:

Looking forward in the new umpiring thread 2019.

Fighting for the spoon alongside GC.. another 1st rounder coming to princess park, opps football park

My gut feel is the AFL want them to rise again. Expect within 2 years a feature game like ANZAC day & Dreamtime to be given to them(CFC) but a new theme to celebrate something.

Last year we got a fright when they got their act together against RFC with the help of some poor ump decisions. I expect the same.
I hope RFC is not complacent and if ahead become ruthless. Last 6 weeks of last year, although winning felt like they were in cruise control. Lucky to escape with some wins. Hope the hunger ignites and we smash 'em & others

Go Tiges in 2019. I feel this year is going to be good and another premiership win is within our grasp

If we dont beat this mob by 100 points - I will be extremely disappointed

Lets set up our percentage for the year