Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

zippadeee said:
And 18 of them Tambling/Lennon/pettifer quality

That game last night was like watching the under 16's play. It was mistakes on top of mistakes

* we will top of the ladder come the end of round 1

What's even better is GWS going nowhere with all they're first rounders they've had.

23.21.159 said:
As far as I can work out ...

Hampson ... pick 28, became pick 32, traded to Sydney for Andrejs Everitt and pick 39 which they used on someone called Cameron Giles who never played a game (yet?)
Yarran ... pick 19, became pick 23, used it on David Cuningham.
Looks like there's not a lot of damage done by these trades with Carlscum. Reckon the Grigga trade for Collins still has us well in front overall.

TigerMasochist said:
Looks like there's not a lot of damage done by these trades with Carlscum. Reckon the Grigga trade for Collins still has us well in front overall.

A statue of griggy has been organised to stand at the entrance of the lightless stadium in Carlton

TigerMasochist said:

i feel for those tiger fans that gave up their memberships after that trade. i hope they jumped back on board before last year.

I’m expecting a lot of Carlton supporters trying to get tickets for round 1, because let’s face it, that’s the closest they’re going to get to a flag!!

Good Ole Collingwood Forever they ain't singing after tonight. Eddie gave Buckley's Chance another two years so it will be interesting to see if he is still there come end 2019 season.

BrisTiger24 said:
Half of them GWS rejects

Couple of decent ones though.

Marchbank and Plowman are pretty good and Kennedy has shown a bit.

They have bled some significant talent recently have the Giants when you throw, Jack Steele, Adam Treloar, Taylor Adams, Dom Tyson, Devon Smith, Tom Boyd, Will Hoskin Elliot, and also Nathan Wilson into the equation.

Reading what is happening with Mathieson and Woolworths and their pokie venture together this is Carlton
, these are th people who run their club. Always has been and always will be the nasty end of town

I am no pokie fan but don’t forget that Mathieson is the one who stole revenue from RFC and sent it to Carlton via that hotel in Richmond, I think it was the Royal Oak?

It’s one of the reasons I hate them so much, the entitled club

craig said:
Couple of decent ones though.

Marchbank and Plowman are pretty good and Kennedy has shown a bit.

They have bled some significant talent recently have the Giants when you throw, Jack Steele, Adam Treloar, Taylor Adams, Dom Tyson, Devon Smith, Tom Boyd, Will Hoskin Elliot, and also Nathan Wilson into the equation.

Jacob Townsend...? He’s the only GWS Premiership player.

Sintiger said:
Reading what is happening with Mathieson and Woolworths and their pokie venture together this is Carlton
, these are th people who run their club. Always has been and always will be the nasty end of town

I am no pokie fan but don’t forget that Mathieson is the one who stole revenue from RFC and sent it to Carlton via that hotel in Richmond, I think it was the Royal Oak?

It’s one of the reasons I hate them so much, the entitled club

Yep, his a prick.
just another reason to hate the scum.

tommygun said:
I’m expecting a lot of Carlton supporters trying to get tickets for round 1, because let’s face it, that’s the closest they’re going to get to a flag!!

is round 1 a fully ticketed game? Unlikely to sell out and get 90,000+ if it isn't.

Whenever I feel that my equilibrium is in peril. My judgement NQR. I contemplate Carlton and I am filled with informed hatred. I make time to be mindful of the inevitability of their failure. To meditate on their misery.

Mens sana in miseria Carltonae

And I am restored.

You will have noticed Carlton's ball movement on Wednesday night. It's not just Pagan's legacy. Ratten sharpened their ball movement to the micron. Malthouse didn't hurt them in this respect. They can still move the ball.

Defence and standards are what they lack. The Leering Imbecile is working on this with zoning backs. And height. They will run the ball from defence but that's not new.

Kreuzer slaughtered Billy Longer on Wednesday. Simple plan - run. Longer can't keep up. I want to suggest that Kreuzer finished Longer's career. And may have hurt Alan Richardson's on the way. I retain a respect for Richardson but I think he's got rucks very wrong. Longer is a liability. (The other bloke... Hickey. Hickey is one of the worst players I've ever seen. He is poison.) Richardson should ruck Bruce. Let's see if he figures that out.

Back to Kreuzer. When he was on he was BOG by daylight - if only against Longer. You may hate ruckmen. You may hate Carlton. But not many would begrudge Kreuzer an injury-free year. He's their equal best player.

Marc Murphy is the other. He had Wednesday night off. Fair enough too.

They don't get the plaudits they deserve but each is comfortably All Australian when in form - even in old age. These two players are A grade bar nothing. And could have three years left in them. But probably don't. Replacements are needed just to hold on to sixteenth in the years beyond 2019.

Liam Jones is close to AA class despite his very recent conversion to the one true god of defence. He failed as a forward because he wasn't good enough. And here he is 27 and on the brink off AA nomination. What a shame nobody had the imagination to try him back earlier. (Credit to Bolton.) He pairs very well with Marchbank. Zoning backs. They own space. It's the guts of a backline when you add the very underrated Simpson. Jacob Weitering could top them off for backs if allowed to play there.

Docherty's knee hurts a lot. The Blues don't have another prime-aged star. But he'll be back as good as new in two years. And only 26 then. They are light on for two running backs. Good news - they have nobody coming through.

Cripps is a better player than Bontompelli IMO. He wipes the floor with the Footscray reputation. BWA. Bolton cleverly moved Cripps into the Bontompelli role on Wedensday night. Smart work. It gave Cripps the chance to develop as a footballer. A chance he looks to be taking. He's only 23 for 2018. He's the one you can bank for seven years. The one you develop. Credit again to Bolton. It remains to be seen if a midfield so thin can afford its best clearance player in that slot.

This is the established class of Carlton.

Emerging class is Sam Petrevski-Seton. A glamourous little bull. Charlie Curnow is beginning to bloom but he isn't there yet. And even so is not class. He's a worker.

Harry McKay may become a player. Dow is a child. And I like Zac Fisher.

But now we see why we meditate.

The rest of Carlton's list is shithouse. Wright is their best forward. He wouldn't get a game at Collingwood. And Mullet can't get a game at North. Ed Curnow? WTF? This list is bereft.

SOS has destroyed them. He recruited spuds for GWS then he recruited the same spuds to Carlton. At an even more inflated price. He recruited the same lepers twice. But worse than that theyr were proven lepers the second time.

#lolcarlton

Let's hope SOS can hang on for another few years. He's been a great friend to everybody. Except Carlton. Does he too hate them? Let's meditate on that.

Hate that Tigers crowd drawing power is now to be shared with this lot via a Gate Sharing agreement for the next decade. We had one of these with this mob once b4 and when they were looking sucessful THEY pulled it out from under our noses. Shud tell em to get stuffed I reckon but looks like a done deal.......

percyms said:
Hate that Tigers crowd drawing power is now to be shared with this lot via a Gate Sharing agreement for the next decade. We had one of these with this mob once b4 and when they were looking sucessful THEY pulled it out from under our noses. Shud tell em to get stuffed I reckon but looks like a done deal.......

We ripped up an arrangement with Coll last decade. But I would like to know how much the "gate" is and what it comprises.

Carltons off season of reject players has worked out well.

Aaron Mullett, Cam Oshea and Matt Shaw all already dumped.

tigertim said:

What about mad Monday?
That’s when they really shine.

tigertim said:

No need for panic. There will be plenty more just like them available soon.

TOT70 said:
No need for panic. There will be plenty more just like them available soon.

SOS has already prioritised Hartung, Toumpas and Merrett. Ready made AFL players.