Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

BluesBloke said:
Not yet mate. :cutelaugh
You'd be happy the team is at least trying at the moment instead of the crap they dished up 'coz they didn't like MnM.

TigerMasochist said:
You'd be happy the team is at least trying at the moment instead of the crap they dished up 'coz they didn't like MnM.
Yep, reminds me of when Ratten first took over from Pagan.

They'd want to be making the right call this time around on a coach...and everything for that matter. The club has become that far irrelevant since the last flag 20 years ago.

TigerForce said:
Has BluesBloke converted yet? :hihi

cognitive dissonance
ˈkɒɡnɪtɪvˈdɪs(ə)nəns

noun

The feat of mental gymnastics required to both HATE >:D the blues and LIKE ;D "BluesBloke"

BluesBloke said:
The club has become that far irrelevant since the last flag 20 years ago.
You do realise that we're a whole fifteen years ahead of you in the redevelopment stakes.
Hang in there BB, there is hope ahead of you somewhere in the distant future. Unless of course the AFL decide to invent another couple of teams with all your early draft picks just as you start to drag your arse off the bottom of the ladder.

Have put in a submission for a priority pick. What a joke this club is. For all our checkered history and poor showing over such a long period of time and I dont believe we ever stooped so low as this.....

who are they kidding!!! :spin

should be kicked out of the comp not supported to stay in it!!

If the AFL do concede Carlton a priority pick it maybe due to losing a 1st pick in Matthew Kreuzer who is a free agent. This would facilitate Kreuzer's move to a new club which could possibly be Richmond. (To play footy with his good mate Trent Cotchin).

I suppose it is their way of putting pressure on the AFL not to give Brisbane one.

Still funny though.

RemoteTiger said:
If the AFL do concede Carlton a priority pick it maybe due to losing a 1st pick in Matthew Kreuzer who is a free agent. This would facilitate Kreuzer's move to a new club which could possibly be Richmond. (To play footy with his good mate Trent Cotchin).

The articls tends to intimate that they are chasing 1, 2 & 3 if they loose Kreuzer. Mind u I would not expect anything different from Trigg. One of the shonkiest blokes around - any wonder Carltank chased him hard after he was given the heave ho after the adelaide fiasco.

percyms said:
The articls tends to intimate that they are chasing 1, 2 & 3 if they loose Kreuzer. Mind u I would not expect anything different from Trigg. One of the shonkiest blokes around - any wonder Carltank chased him hard after he was given the heave ho after the adelaide fiasco.

agree - Trigg demonstrates little integrity

Losing Kruezer would gain them a compensation pick. A priority pick is a very different thing.

That's how I see it Evo.

Didn't Melb ask for one year and got knocked back but got a pick after their second for Frawley?

Playing the system for what it is Carlton. The Lions would be understandably filthy . They could have layed down lost their last game and got pick 1.

Putting in the table an insulting offer to Keuezer who walks and get pick another first round pick after the Lions. What cheats! Talk of Casboult, Menzel, loosing Kruezer, Henderson and Yarran and wanting first round picks smells of that cheating operator from the Crows who is their CEO now.

Hope somehow it all falls flat on their smug faces.

For all our failures, hard times, we never EVER asked for such concessions when at one particular time we were being compared as worse than Fitzroy and the media, commentators were saying poor Richmond need all the help and we said NO..........

9thPlaceTiger said:
Losing Kruezer would gain them a compensation pick. A priority pick is a very different thing.

Valid point - it seems they want a priority pick before pick one - they already have pick one. They then expect a pick directly after their first official one for Kreuzer if he goes so in effect it is 1, 2 & 3. Hope the AFL just laugh at them like they did Melb last year. Brisvegas are also after a Priority pick. Just imageing if this all come about. It would pretty much give the first five to six picks to Carltank and Brisi....

They can request whatever they like. They won a final in 2013, they are hardly a basket-case. Melbourne had a more serious case for a priority pick last year than either Carlton or Brisbane have this year and that was dismissed. Logic would suggest that neither request for a priority pick will be successful.

Of course, logic and the AFL don't necessarily go together in the same sentence. Brisbane might get one under the "Queensland ratings are collapsing and the AFL is panicking again" rule but Carlton won't get one.

waiting said:
For all our failures, hard times, we never EVER asked for such concessions when at one particular time we were being compared as worse than Fitzroy and the media, commentators were saying poor Richmond need all the help and we said NO..........

And that's the difference between Carlton and Richmond. We're a club with integrity, character, and excellent club values, as evident by our attitude towards the idea of asking for a PP in 2010.

Carlton are no Richmond and their lack of substance will show over the coming years, regardless of who they bring in.

It's going to be beautiful to watch.

waiting said:
That's how I see it Evo.

Didn't Melb ask for one year and got knocked back but got a pick after their second for Frawley?

Playing the system for what it is Carlton. The Lions would be understandably filthy . They could have layed down lost their last game and got pick 1.

Putting in the table an insulting offer to Keuezer who walks and get pick another first round pick after the Lions. What cheats! Talk of Casboult, Menzel, loosing Kruezer, Henderson and Yarran and wanting first round picks smells of that cheating operator from the Crows who is their CEO now.

Hope somehow it all falls flat on their smug faces.

yeah, it's certainly linked in with the Kreuzer situation.

I didn't know Menzel was potentially up for grabs. He'd be a good lad for us to speak to.

evo said:
yeah, it's certainly linked in with the Kreuzer situation.

I didn't know Menzel was potentially up for grabs. He'd be a good lad for us to speak to.

Yes. I would like Menzel. We need to add as much class to our forward line as we can over the next year or two and he fits the bill.

At the moment we have a rock solid defence and a hard-working and skilled midfield. The forward line is the project that will propel us to a new level.