Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

TigerForce said:
What a strange season for Micky to possibly face the sack when he's only got a few more games to pass Jock McHale.

If this happens, I wouldn't be surprised Sanderson could be their pick up, who IMO, isn't and wasn't much chop at the Crows.

It would appear that Sanderson is starting to put his profile out there again in the hope of landing another coaching gig at AFL level.
Not sure too many potential coaches would be champing at the bit to take on the role at carlton, which seems to have a limited list.

Bullarto Tiger said:
Not sure too many potential coaches would be champing at the bit to take on the role at carlton, which seems to have a limited list.

Agree, but it's only the profile of the club that still fits. Just like ours as a Big 4. They have definitely become the new Richmond as 1995 is now fast becoming a long time ago.

TigerForce said:
What a strange season for Micky to possibly face the sack when he's only got a few more games to pass Jock McHale.

If this happens, I wouldn't be surprised Sanderson could be their pick up, who IMO, isn't and wasn't much chop at the Crows.

I would not be surprised if they tried to coax Ratten back.

Good luck trying to get to 50,000 members now. Will gladly hand the mantle of 'microwaved memberships' to Carlton :hihi

Sticks and Ratten swapped Kennedy for Judd and a pretty big draft pick, which I think West Coast cooked IIRC.
But even so, Carlton were all so smug after landing Judd and Kruezer. For a season or two it looked good too.
Malthouse now, is already pointing the finger at the list. That's a good way to lose the players.
Carlton will be bottom four.

Its really hard to work out what their recruiting/delesting program has been all about

DirtyDogTiger said:
Sticks and Ratten swapped Kennedy for Judd and a pretty big draft pick, which I think West Coast cooked IIRC.
Masten and Notte were the other players they got in the Judd deal with Carlton, It was effectively Judd and Armfield for Kennedy, Masten and Notte after the ND

Seeing Carlton so bad is satisfying on so many levels. Mick the saviour's appointment reminds me now of Richmond appointing Terry Wallace and I suspect the result will be about the same ...I hope so anyway

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
They're in more trouble than I thought. It's not as if it's a young team. Long way back even if the recruiters did their job at the last draft.

they have the worst recruiting in the game and by a fair margin as well. The guy that we picked up left specifically because of it.

Anyone watch Mick press conference? He answers questions with just a stream of disjointed thought bubbles that no sense. Just waffles on trying to sound wise.

"Make no mistake, we are an average side" (words to that effect), "we can't attract free agents because we don't play finals.....last year" (forgetting 2013), blah blah excuse excuse about the list....

But 2 weeks ago he couldn't see where they'd lose a game.

Can't stand him.n

tigertim said:
Anyone watch Mick press conference? He answers questions with just a stream of disjointed thought bubbles that no sense. Just waffles on trying to sound wise.

"Make no mistake, we are an average side" (words to that effect), "we can't attract free agents because we don't play finals.....last year" (forgetting 2013), blah blah excuse excuse about the list....

But 2 weeks ago he couldn't see where they'd lose a game.

Can't stand him.n

Bit harsh. I thought he was clear, honest and measured.