Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

You would think we would play like our lives depended on it come Sunday >:D If ever there was a time for heroics it is this week, we just have to smash em in every area of the game except clangers, frees against etc :hihi

spook said:
Media goons like Maaaaah and Walls are talking up the second halves last week of Murphy and Gibbs and Cartoon in general. Not one person has raised the point that Port had nothing to play for except to avoid injury and were happy to put the cue in the rack once they got nearly 7 goals clear. Or that Port has got the staggers, belted by both Geelong and Freo, so beating them when they're taking it easy ain't no thang. Or that Cartoon only just beat us with 4 out, heavy legs and playing terribly. Or lost to Esserdope, who have been shot ducks for 6 weeks.

Let em talk it up. I can't wait until Sunday.
That's another point that only a few have brought up. No doubt Carlton were great in the last quarter and a half last week, but there are those who said that at one point in that game Port simply stopped. Could it be that Carlton have already played their final and we just tuned up on Essendon Saturday night?

CarnTheTiges said:
That's another point that only a few have brought up. No doubt Carlton were great in the last quarter and a half last week, but there are those who said that at one point in that game Port simply stopped. Could it be that Carlton have already played their final and we just tuned up on Essendon Saturday night?

some think having harder games going into a final is more beneficial, i would have thought the more rested a team is the better.

The reason we lost to Carlton last time is that we ran onto the ground before the Tiger drummers had a chance to do their thing.

tiges said:
some think having harder games going into a final is more beneficial, i would have thought the more rested a team is the better.

I'm glad we didn't play GWS last week. Essendone was a much better build-up.

Azza said:
I'm glad we didn't play GWS last week. Essendone was a much better build-up.
Agreed. Playing GWS is like a training run. They're so poor that it's really hard to gauge form against them. Essendon weren't good, but they provided more of a contest than GWS have all year.

I don't seem to despise them as much as I used to. There's too many other teams attracting my hate now. Essendon and St Kilda being the main ones.

Judd for Kennedy
th

What a strange season for Micky to possibly face the sack when he's only got a few more games to pass Jock McHale.

If this happens, I wouldn't be surprised Sanderson could be their pick up, who IMO, isn't and wasn't much chop at the Crows.