Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

Baloo said:
Feel free to use this one. Synonymous with "wanker"

CarltonFC_A.jpg
Should be this one :hihi

Attachments

• Capture x.JPG
    Capture x.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 210
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Record v Carlton in finals: 16W 5L 1D

So thats a total of 22 finals played between these two teams.

This Saturday will be the 23rd.

Is that a record LTRTR? ie are there any teams in VFL/AFL history that have played more finals against each other?

Richmond's record against the Blues in finals is impressive, though irrelevant come Sunday. Not sure the achievements of Tigers super-teams of a by-gone era through the 60s, 70s, early 80s count for too much come 3.20pm game-day.

Might be 17-5-1 come Sunday night though... :-\

Watched the tankers last quater from the port game! And boy they were good,,, I'm
Now quite nervous n worried ... Alarm
Bells ringing .... How do we stop them
When they get that run m carry n spread of theirs going?

arlobill said:
Watched the tankers last quater from the port game! And boy they were good,,, I'm

Blues are a pretty good team IMO , they have played in patches this year inconsistency being a major problem. But your right they destroyed port in that last quarter.

arlobill said:

We saw that in round 1 where they ran all over us in the last quarter and did everything but win the game.

Like all games, the key will be capitalising on the momentum when we have it, and limiting the damage when they have it, something we didn't do particularly well a few weeks back.

Richmond will win by 80 points.....we will smash them in the contest....and on the scoreboard - they will wish they finished 9th.

tigertime2 said:
Richmond will win by 80 points.....we will smash them in the contest....and on the scoreboard - they will wish they finished 9th.

80 points ? Big call mate, i think it will be close actually, I think if we don't get to over anxious/nervous etc we will win. One thing is we can't let them get off to a good start.

Punxsutawney Phil said:
We saw that in round 1 where they ran all over us in the last quarter and did everything but win the game.

Like all games, the key will be capitalising on the momentum when we have it, and limiting the damage when they have it, something we didn't do particularly well a few weeks back.

Last time, Malthouse made a couple of moves (eg shutting down Ellis) that we could not counter. I hope Dimma has Plans B, C and D lined up for Sunday.

HeadandShin said:
Last time, Malthouse made a couple of moves (eg shutting down Ellis) that we could not counter. I hope Dimma has Plans B, C and D lined up for Sunday.
I was overseas for that game, so missed it, but didn't we have a few out that day? If they're back and fit won't Malthouse have problems trying to cover all the options?

2008 was the last time 8th beat 5th in an elimination final. Collingwood vs Adelaide but it's worth mentioning that Collingwood finished 1 game behind Adelaide but with a superior percentage. Carlton on the other hand finished 4 games and 16 percentage points behind Richmond.

I think Carlton well and truly have their work cut out on Sunday.

HeadandShin said:

get a tagger on whom ever picks up Ellis etc , They also went one on one after quarter time that game and Tigers had all soughts of problems with it.

BluesBloke said:
Richmond's record against the Blues in finals is impressive, though irrelevant come Sunday. Not sure the achievements of Tigers super-teams of a by-gone era through the 60s, 70s, early 80s count for too much come 3.20pm game-day.

Might be 17-5-1 come Sunday night though... :-\
Must be hard as a Cartoon supporter, having to be forever grateful to Esserdope for gifting you a position in the eight and a finals game. Just make sure you dips ya lid n says " Ta " every time you meet an Esserdope person.

Media goons like Maaaaah and Walls are talking up the second halves last week of Murphy and Gibbs and Cartoon in general. Not one person has raised the point that Port had nothing to play for except to avoid injury and were happy to put the cue in the rack once they got nearly 7 goals clear. Or that Port has got the staggers, belted by both Geelong and Freo, so beating them when they're taking it easy ain't no thang. Or that Cartoon only just beat us with 4 out, heavy legs and playing terribly. Or lost to Esserdope, who have been shot ducks for 6 weeks.

Let em talk it up. I can't wait until Sunday.