Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

A cautionary tale for Richmond here. Carlton rebuilt and made the finals with a young team, and their recruiting and development dropped off. Now they're in an awful position - million dollar coach hired to win a flag who now needs to conduct a mini-rebuild (at least).

We've given fewer games to under-22's than in any season since 1984. Need to keep bringing the kids through and not place too much reliance on mediocre mature types.

Watch what Libba says about the tanking on 'Open Mike' this Monday and see more squirm coming out.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
A cautionary tale for Richmond here. Carlton rebuilt and made the finals with a young team, and their recruiting and development dropped off. Now they're in an awful position - million dollar coach hired to win a flag who now needs to conduct a mini-rebuild (at least).

We've given fewer games to under-22's than in any season since 1984. Need to keep bringing the kids through and not place too much reliance on mediocre mature types.

Excellent point.

That's why we should have brought in Matthew McDonough today, instead of Nahas. ::)

JR8 said:
Excellent point.

That's why we should have brought in Matthew McDonough today, instead of Nahas. ::)

Nahas seems to have lost a lot of form quickly. Not a great game from him today unfortunately!

As for Carlton, sucked in you mongrels!

I think Malthouse has lost his players.

Watched their game today with a mate. The body language contrast between Malthouse and his players, and McCartney and his, at 3qtr time was really telling.

One team wanted to win, pure and simple.

And it wasn't Carlton.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:

Agree with this. Should have played McDonough today instead of Nahas. Poor selection decision.

I'm stuck with so many in-laws that are Carlton supporters. They always trot out the richmond jokes at family gatherings. I love seeing them fail, their tears are delicious.

tigerlee said:
Nahas seems to have lost a lot of form quickly. Not a great game from him today unfortunately!

As for Carlton, sucked in you mongrels!

A cardboard cutout of Nahas would have been more valuable than the real thing today!

LeeToRainesToRoach said:

When you have quality kids on your list you have to blood them so I couldn't agree more .

LeeToRainesToRoach said:

Great post. We still have to keep adding top end talent. No shortcut required, we have the foundations.

Free Agency and smart drafting is the way forward. Still need more from our second round onwards. I think only Shedwards has played more then 40 games of any second round pick or later since 2006.

Last week Brown went down. Thankyou footy god. This week Judd goes down. Thankyou footy god. Next essendon get stripped on the Thursday before the game. Amen.

zgod said:
Last week Brown went down. Thankyou footy god. This week Judd goes down. Thankyou footy god. Next essendon get stripped on the Thursday before the game. Amen.

the last time judd missed a game against us through injury was that 2008 100 year anniversary game where we wore black and yellow stripes... we went into that game as massive favourites and got whacked

LeeToRainesToRoach said:

But I never rated Carlton's list as future premiership contenders. Aways overrated. Never had any reliable key forwards. Ruckman can't play key position forwards full time (only few exceptions in history of game) And there midfield overrated. You seriously think the likes of Curnow, Robinson, Mclean are going to feature in a grand final side together in the same team? Give me a break. Ordinary skills, one paced, low footy IQ...

It's not the key forward aspect I'm too worried about. Henderson has gone forward in recent weeks and has shown more in that time than any other of our talls in the forward 50 in the near four years that Fevola has been gone.

Exactly collo. I think fatten should be knighted for steering a over achieving ego centric mob like that to a finals appearance. Should we still know they are coming? :rofl :rotfl