Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

BluesBloke said:
This sounds ridiculous, but Melbourne's tenancy at the MCG is a joke. They cannot fill the place, you could have kick to kick in the stands if you wanted to....the place is that empty. Until they can get more along to the matches, they should compromise some of their MCG games for some Etihad ones and open up more opportunities for the other clubs with bigger supporter bases. There's a reason they're given the Queens Birthday match as a home game...it's about the only time of year that they come close to breaking 70,000.

Completely agree with this.

Melb could play home games at Visy Park, in about 50 years time it might have paid off that fantastic John Elliot stand that was only ever used for a handful of AFL games and has been sitting unused ever since.

But don't worry Blues Bloke I'm sure Cartoon will find a way to bankroll another premiership purchase. The Visy / Judd deal is a joke - shame that purchase ain't going to yield a flag. Maybe you can purchase Cloke (who will only fit into your salary cap because of the Visy / Judd deal) and try again. Splashing money about and cheating the system is the Carlton way - it's the only way they ever won a flag in the past.

SAF said:
Melb could play home games at Visy Park, in about 50 years time it might have paid off that fantastic John Elliot stand that was only ever used for a handful of AFL games and has been sitting unused ever since.

But don't worry Blues Bloke I'm sure Cartoon will find a way to bankroll another premiership purchase. The Visy / Judd deal is a joke - shame that purchase ain't going to yield a flag. Maybe you can purchase Cloke (who will only fit into your salary cap because of the Visy / Judd deal) and try again. Splashing money about and cheating the system is the Carlton way - it's the only way they ever won a flag in the past.
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

SAF said:

You're right. In the multi-million dollar business that is the AFL, it'd be a safe bet to say that 'splashing money about' is one of the keys to putting together a competitive side that could potentially win a flag. Look at most of the successful clubs of the last 20 years and it will tell you that a lot didn't hold back when it came to sinking cash into getting the very best personnel into their club. To do otherwise would be negligence of the highest order.

Carlton will win a flag with Malthouse as coach, mark my words, Malthouse is a champion coach.

Ian4 said:
this is supposed to be an anti-carlton thread.

Is there any other type of thread when talking of that filthy cheating team? Gosh I hate that club. I heard that Robert Wylie looks likely to join Malthouse at Carlton.

Legends of 1980 said:
This is supposed to be an anti-c#####n website. When did we lower the standards to just a thread? :eek:
;D

I like Carlton - they are so easy to hate!!!!

A nice bump bin man.

Lets hope they get smashed tonight which will be a good guide to round 1.

MB78 said:
A nice bump bin man.

Lets hope they get smashed tonight which will be a good guide to round 1.
No, lets hope they win as all the focus will be on them and their great white hope in Malthouse.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
A good win to carlton tonight so that they spend the next week congratulating themselves and start thinking about Collingwood in Round 2.

Good point. Go Blues.
Anyone got any video of Carlton's brand during the second half of 2007? Ratten-style.
Inspiring. Got 'em Kruezy & Judd but not much else

Is Marc Murphy the first AFL captain to be recruited as a result of tanking?

TOT70 said:
I'd have thought Chris Judd has already achieved that honour twice.

Good point!

This tanking saga reminds me so much of the "Bottom of the Harbour" tax scheme of the late 1970s / early 80s.

Those that got into the scheme early were allowed to keep their accumulated millions.
Those that got in late copped the penalty.