Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

Collo said:
But I never rated Carlton's list as future premiership contenders. Aways overrated. Never had any reliable key forwards. Ruckman can't play key position forwards full time (only few exceptions in history of game) And there midfield overrated. You seriously think the likes of Curnow, Robinson, Mclean are going to feature in a grand final side together in the same team? Give me a break. Ordinary skills, one paced, low footy IQ...

Two years ago McLean and Curnow weren't getting a game, and Robinson was firing. But yeah, I thought they were contenders and overrated their list. Garlett, Betts & Walker kicked 150+ goals between them (this year 65). Murphy, Gibbs & Simpson was another 60 (this year 25). Most of their senior players have plateaued, or worse.

As things stand, Jack Riewoldt is the difference between Richmond and Carlton's goal-scoring power.

I'll go as far as saying Murphy is one of if not the worst captain in the AFL.

zgod said:
Exactly collo. I think fatten should be knighted for steering a over achieving ego centric mob like that to a finals appearance. Should we still know they are coming? :rofl :rotfl

Hehe!

Exactly what were the Blues cooking this year?

A sh!t sandwich is my guess!! ;D

JR8 said:
Hehe!

Exactly what were the Blues cooking this year?

A sh!t sandwich is my guess!! ;D
;D malthouse gone by round 15 next year. A massive contract. Could very well derail the "rebuild".

zgod said:
;D malthouse gone by round 15 next year. A massive contract. Could very well derail the "rebuild".

Thats the thing. Millhouse wasnt hired to "rebuild".

He was hired because the Bloos thought he would instantly win them a flag!!

i doubt Malthouse will go ... too many runs on the board. But i have a smirk on my face :hihi hopefully carlton believe enough in Malthouse to wait and be patient.

Have to laugh at the attitude of a lot of the 'supporters'. 'Sack Malthouse' etc. Hate to say it but it's probably the same attitude taken for a long time around the club too...cashed up powerbrokers with more money than brains and an attitude of buying success rather than being patient and seeing results...and if a coach isn't successful in turning around years of mediocrity in culture and recruiting overnight then create a shitstorm until something is done. It's a cancerous attitude of the past, several times successful in a by-gone era but totally irrelevant these days. In a way I feel for Malthouse that he's got these people to deal with...it's more than the list that needs a cleanout at the Blues.

I watch enough of just about every side live to be able to enjoy the game for what it is...so while a lot of fans are tearing their hair out and calling for heads, I'll continue to enjoy the footy. Not sure why a lot of people are surprised at how the year has gone for us...knew before the season began that we wouldn't play finals, and said a few years back that the list wouldn't get anywhere near a flag. I'll continue to sign up as a member year after year and continue to show up to matches...that's what being part of a club is all about.

And before someone says it again, for the last time, no I'm not a closet Tiger, I'll just call things as I see it. :cutelaugh

Tigers won n guaranteed finals for the year.
Cartoon rolled by the Doggies n season gone.
Some fool made plenty of noise about it, so now is sharing the mutts kennel again, little mongrel farts n twitches but he's a safer option than confronting the dragon.

BluesBloke said:
Have to laugh at the attitude of a lot of the 'supporters'. 'Sack Malthouse' etc. Hate to say it but it's probably the same attitude taken for a long time around the club too...cashed up powerbrokers with more money than brains and an attitude of buying success rather than being patient and seeing results...and if a coach isn't successful in turning around years of mediocrity in culture and recruiting overnight then create a sh!tstorm until something is done. It's a cancerous attitude of the past, several times successful in a by-gone era but totally irrelevant these days. In a way I feel for Malthouse that he's got these people to deal with...it's more than the list that needs a cleanout at the Blues.

I watch enough of just about every side live to be able to enjoy the game for what it is...so while a lot of fans are tearing their hair out and calling for heads, I'll continue to enjoy the footy. Not sure why a lot of people are surprised at how the year has gone for us...knew before the season began that we wouldn't play finals, and said a few years back that the list wouldn't get anywhere near a flag. I'll continue to sign up as a member year after year and continue to show up to matches...that's what being part of a club is all about.

And before someone says it again, for the last time, no I'm not a closet Tiger, I'll just call things as I see it. :cutelaugh

You protest too much.

As tigerland belts out across the G next week I can imagine the beads of sweat trickling down your forehead as you try and resist the temptation to join in with the YELLOW AND BLACK

BluesBloke said:
Have to laugh at the attitude of a lot of the 'supporters'. 'Sack Malthouse' etc. Hate to say it but it's probably the same attitude taken for a long time around the club too...cashed up powerbrokers with more money than brains and an attitude of buying success rather than being patient and seeing results...and if a coach isn't successful in turning around years of mediocrity in culture and recruiting overnight then create a sh!tstorm until something is done. It's a cancerous attitude of the past, several times successful in a by-gone era but totally irrelevant these days. In a way I feel for Malthouse that he's got these people to deal with...it's more than the list that needs a cleanout at the Blues.

when was the last time the tigers got the full 8 points from the blues in a season.

It is very hard to go from a 5 - 10 placed club into the top 4, as Carlton have confirmed. Mallhouse was always a very high risk strategy that, if he could get the blues into the top 8 - top 4, then it was a master stroke. The plan was to use the existing players, with Judd in his twilight years as the way. It hasn't worked and if you turn over the list hard, as the club is saying, then it may even be harder in 2014 while the list gells - one step back to go forward so to speak. I can't see Malthouse staying there for the long hall for some reason.

There is some pretty strong lessons for the tigers in all this. The slow build has to continue for us - never trade away the first one or two picks in the draft and the importance of winning finals. If we win one this year, we will have equalled Carltons finals wins tally that they had built up with Ratton over that 2 to 3 year burst.

zgod said:
I'll go as far as saying Murphy is one of if not the worst captain in the AFL.
hmm not sure about that. I think he's someone who needs more support in the midfield. If he had a couple of monsters taking more workload, he would be more damaging and probably rated higher.

BluesBloke said:

I thought you where talking about us when I read that.

Betts Gibbs Murphy, Yarran,walker simpson fair to say each has played worse this year under Malthouse. Thats before we talk about "average players" carazzo, Mitch Robinson. Isn't it GREAT.

Carlton gets way too much attention on PRE. They are insignificant.