Brownlow 2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brownlow 2024

I guess Cripps got it legally this time but 45 votes is a lot
Bontempelli again gets not enough love
Rioli had a better season than 4 votes

Reactions: 2 users
I guess Cripps got it legally this time but 45 votes is a lot
Bontempelli again gets not enough love
Rioli had a better season than 4 votes
Bonts was voted by players as most valuable. Umps saw that as 26 votes (or 9 x BOGs) less valuable than Cripps. Obviously a crock.

Reactions: 3 users
I don’t know why any player who doesn’t play in the middle of the ground bothers attending. It should be officially acknowledged as the midfielders award.

Because North and WC were competitive in more games than us.
North received 39 votes last year for a 3 game win season & 31 previous season for a 2 game win 55% season. Not really a competitive based thing. Davis-Uniacke did get the most votes in those seasons. WC did get 15 votes in 2022.

14 players got as many or more votes than Richmond!
This award has just got so ridiculously biased towards midfielders and 'stars' that it is a joke now.
Last time I looked goals (not possessions) win matches!
If a player kicked 100 goals in a season now (most argue almost impossible) they wouldn't even make the leaderboard!

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
First time I can remember missing the first half of the Brownlow. Watched a quarter of it before switching off with the remaining quarter left. It's just insufferable now. Endless ads, endless non-Brownlow related crap. Goes on and on and on. Absurd voting. A midfielders award only.

Needs a big overhaul.

Reactions: 7 users
First time I haven't watched a single vote or anything in years.
It's a crock.

Reactions: 4 users
North received 39 votes last year for a 3 game win season & 31 previous season for a 2 game win 55% season. Not really a competitive based thing. Davis-Uniacke did get the most votes in those seasons. WC did get 15 votes in 2022.
North have some stats padders who get a lot of the ball but have little influence on the game. They get votes but they don't win them games.
Have a look at our game against them at Marvel. They had lots more possessions and marks but we had way more inside 50s and if we had a forward line would have won the game. As I recall LDU was good that day but so was Vlossy as an example and Baker but they didn't get 30 possessions so didn't vote.

Watching these highlights back, I genuinely felt a bit sick seeing the Round 15 Carlton v Geelong game where we won by 10 goals.

Absolutely thought we were a chance to go all the way after that. Fooled big-time.

If Cripps does win this, I hope the club doesn't go over the top with it all, because this year was a monumental waste of a season and we can't be hanging our hats on individual honours.
racv

Tell me the AFL is corrupt, without tell me the AFL is corrupt.

Cripps 45 votes

Reactions: 1 user
Didn’t watch a second of it. There’s what, half a dozen players out of 750 odd, that can win it. And with no Richmond player a chance there’s no interest from me in footys most boring night of nights.

Reactions: 1 users
Didn't bother watching. Umps are barely competent, we all knew that, just more eveidence. The record vote hauls to Cripps and Daicos, the snub of Bont. Thats the broad farce, but this year there is any number of individual examples of players being robbed or wrongly favoured to ludicrous levels. I reckon I've seen in news or been texted by mates 15 examples, bont killing it no votes, cripps 2 votes for a poor game, Nick Daicos gets votes when subbed out, Josh no votes when BOG in same game, etc etc etc. Past years you'd get a couple, a swag of them this year. Robbos call for an inquiry into umpiring earlier in the year was talked down and ignored until it died.

Who runs the Brownlow night, is that CH 7 or the AFL? I mean, they have a whole year to plan for it and this is what we get?
The cringe level speaking to players is off the charts. Some beefy bloke delivering the votes in a steel case, give me a break!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users