Brownlow 2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brownlow 2024

I know there was an extra game played but come on Cripps didn't have a 45 vote season

This is what happens when umpires no longer see the stats sheets for the players. Getting votes for an under 20 disposal game.

N discos 38 votes :rolleyes:

Both passed Dusty's 37 votes from 2017 who had a more dominant year and won every possible award out there!

No way these two had a better year than Dusty's 2017

Reactions: 1 user
Wow. What shocker of an event. If this doesn’t scream format shake up….

Pity the horror show distracts from Cripps’ win. A worthy winner who spoke very well and humbly.

But how many elephants can they squeeze into one room?

Brayshaw bringing the mood to a new somber low followed by a dirge that does what…. ‘honor the fallen’ or something? WTF was that?? They’re not war veterans for crying out loud.

Cringe commentary saturated in saccharin so sweet everyone feels sick.

Same old lame old camera work of players being zany or faux serious.

Red carpet carry on yawn fest.

Academy Awardesque music. It’s football - play something that suits blokes kicking a ball around.

Token “funnies” that fall flat.

The old “bloke gets suspended then suddenly stops polling well” phenomenon.

Typical tedious count that — turned into a complete voting debacle!. That was either a sham, OR that was finally the true voting outcome, making every other count the sham votes. Possibly the latter but where does that leave this medal?
There have been much better seasons that voted way lower but also out of the box winners that left all and sundry scratching their heads. And I reiterate that Cripps is a worthy winner. But there will have to be a scramble to ensure this either doesn’t happen again, or they will have to contrive it so it creeps up in the next few years so they can point to a (phony) trend.

The AFL has a lot of soul searching to after this nonsense, but of course they won bat an eyelid.

Good winner.
Stinker of an event.
and to top it all off.....Rebecca Maddern making a ridiculous comment to Jamie Elliott saying "come back alive from Las Vegas" which refers to former Scumwood player John McCarthy's death over there 10 or so years ago.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
I know there was an extra game played but come on Cripps didn't have a 45 vote season

This is what happens when umpires no longer see the stats sheets for the players. Getting votes for an under 20 disposal game.

N discos 38 votes :rolleyes:

Both passed Dusty's 37 votes from 2017 who had a more dominant year and won every possible award out there!

No way these two had a better year than Dusty's 2017
Disposals schemozels. You could have 20 and kick 6 10 marks you SHOULD get 3v. Likewise you CAN play in a loss and get BOG. Of course you can. The issue here to me is superstar syndrome. These umps are brainwashed. They don't see any other players.
The players who affect the result should usually get the votes. And that can happen in many ways. No I'm not saying if you come on as a sub with 10min left and kick three and win it you get 3 votes.
I saw Daicos play a burst of 10-12mins this year was just superhuman stuff. Rest of his game was nice but not dominant. I would've given him 3. Other games I've seen him get plenty of it I wouldn't *smile* on. Because he didn't affect the result at all.

Disposals schemozels. You could have 20 and kick 6 10 marks you SHOULD get 3v. Likewise you CAN play in a loss and get BOG. Of course you can. The issue here to me is superstar syndrome. These umps are brainwashed. They don't see any other players.
The players who affect the result should usually get the votes. And that can happen in many ways. No I'm not saying if you come on as a sub with 10min left and kick three and win it you get 3 votes.
I saw Daicos play a burst of 10-12mins this year was just superhuman stuff. Rest of his game was nice but not dominant. I would've given him 3. Other games I've seen him get plenty of it I wouldn't *smile* on. Because he didn't affect the result at all.

The only problem with that it's a midfielders award so no mid is getting 20 disposals with 6 goals constantly. Hence why 19 Cripps and 15 disposals N Daicos should NOT have gotten votes. Now if it is a forward kicking 7 and having 15 disposals that's fine.

Yes true you can get BOG in losing games but it's a rarity for most players to get votes in losing teams except as you said umps have their blinkers on and don't see all players' "superstar syndrome" that's what I'm saying Cripps, N Daicos and even Gary Ablett Junior all getting votes in losing games but it didn't happen at Richmond