Brownlow 2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brownlow 2024

Are we the only code in the world where dumpires vote for an MVP???
Thats cause it's not an MVP.
It's a "Fairest and Best"
Whilst the first word remains as Fairest, the Umpires should be close to making that decision.
The fact they only pick midfielders though is annoying.

They need to fix this.
How can a player get 3 votes when they lose?
The team that won, Won because someone got them the win.
Therefore the 3 votes should always go to the winning team.
You can be the best player on the ground and the team lose. Too many votes go to the winning team. Too many votes go to midfielders. The biggest season award really shouldn't be adjudicated by umpires, especially today when it's so hard to umpire. Of course the guys right under their nose are going to get the votes.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, that was a fizzer, so much for having a gazillion charlies all over the country, in anticipation of the tightest finish ever ROFL.

• Haha
Whilst the first word remains as Fairest, the Umpires should be close to making that decision.
Can you imagine who they would put in charge of votes if the umps didn't do it.
It either goes to COMMENTATORS, or ex-players.
Imagine Damien Barrett or Kornholio handing out Brownlow votes.

1st - Cripps 45
2nd - Walsh 16

Diff of 29!!! It's like the flogs had amnesia on all other Cartoon players.

Why can't an external group (i.e. MRO) in the AFL do the voting? I'm not sure how the flogs judge player performances 'during' a game or do they really re-watch the whole game?

Agree it's always mids. The glitch in this has been around for 2 or so decades and they still can't fix it.

Im gonna multi crippa to win the Norm Smith on Saturday and the American Presidency

Do the umps decide the melbourne cup as well?

Interview Dickoss for his record number of votes to still lose .......................... :mhihi
Don't understand why they don't. They can't help themselves shoving cameras and a mic in his face any other time.

Media protecting their darling here.

• Haha