Brisbane v Richmond (Round 13 - Game Day thread) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brisbane v Richmond (Round 13 - Game Day thread)

Great night..... Tigers won, Carlton lost, Barnzy proved he is a goose.

Centrebet gave me a free $20 bet so I won $40 for no outlay. Very sweet :happy

Love Shane Edwards' goal in the last - I jumped out of my chair and gave one hell of a loud cheer!
Don't tank tigers - I just love it when we hear the song after the game.

Scribblar said:
Give the entire team 1 vote for a great team effort except that weak link in the chain, Richard Tambling.
For instance as usual, watch the kick-out play that flowed up field around the 17th min mark of the last quarter.
Tambling receives the ball in space, players flowing TO space, and players creating space to get the ball to Tambling.

WHAT DOES THAT DUD DO AS USUAL!!
STOPS.
PROPS.
FREEZES.
KILLS THE PLAY.
TURNOVER.

Drop Tambling now!!

Hurts the team.
Not part of an ongoing successful Richmond Football Club.

(Or call the Hypnotist back!!) ::)

:mad:

Was almost a match losing moment :)

Reminded me of Johnson running into an open gaol .............. and handballing!!! :eek:

Something is wrong with Tambo :(

the golden said:
well done guys 2 in a row ! yay !!!! :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

You must be spewing Shane Edwards has pipped Franklin for Goal of Year with his breakdance around 5 Lions and the goalpost. Too bad.

What a fantastic win. I was utterly convinced that we were going to fade out, as we have done in such games for many years. But this really does seem to be a new breed of Tiger - and I like it!

More improvement from many - including Graham, Cuz, Vickery, McGuane/Thursfield, Farmer, White, etc.

But I would like to single out two players ... Deledio and Collins.
* Deledio - this guy is finally showing what he's capable of. I actually breathe when he gets the pill in his hands across hb. What an exquisite user of the ball and finder of space he is. And is now matching it with beating an opponent and helping out teammates defensively. Wow!
* Collins - at the start of this year I would have earmarked Collins as a potential delisting. Tonight was his best game for the club, and he has raised the bar every week for the past month. Good on him. A talent who is matching his talent with effort now.

Developing a serious bro-crush on Hardwick. What incredible improvement. Is this his honeymoon period though ... geez, I hope not because watching Richmond has suddenly become very exciting again.

2010. A new begining. A year to start the rebuild and basically totally about development.

I just can't believe how far we have come since early in the year.

I posted before the game that it was important to play well again tonight. I think people still think we are sh!t, and more importantly, think we have no future. It was important tonight to show that last week was not a one off. Just rapt we came out again with a desperation to work and win. We are not satisfied with one win, we want to be winners.

I will be interested to hear what people have to say this week. Already the comments are positive and talk about the positive direction we are heading.

It is about baby steps. And we are taking plenty at the moment.

Jack. What a hanger. 3 more goals and great work rate.

Martin. Can't be 18?

Graham. Huge. Works hard.

Edwards. I thought he was gone, no good. I eat my words.

Lids. Finding consistantcy. Backline general.

You could go on and on. But I can't believe how quickly we are developing. I honestly thought we wouldn't win a game this year after a few rounds. Now I can't wait for the last games to see how we go. I believe we can keep going well and beat or scare quite a few sides.

Bris were ordinary, and we made mistakes too. But thats not the point. We are developing. We are improving. We are getting confidence. Our boys are growing together, developing mateship, and bonding into a close group that want to achieve success together.

Just couldn't ask for more at the moment, especially considering where we were at about 6 weeks ago.

Good on ya boys. Enjoy a break and feel good about yourselves. You deserve it. And us supporters can feel good too. Can't wait for the last games. Can't wait for next year. And can't wait for about 2012 2013 when bigger things await.

the golden said:
well done guys 2 in a row ! yay !!!! :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Thanks Golden! :)

Totally different game style than what Wallace and Spud provided. What a waste of 10 years.

Martin would be close to the strongest on-baller in the comp. freak strength.

A very good win tonight.
To win with 4 first year players and 2 second year players is a great sign for the future.

ToraToraTora said:
You must be spewing Shane Edwards has pipped Franklin for Goal of Year with his breakdance around 5 Lions and the goalpost. Too bad.
they have not picked best yet got to wait till the rest play anyways we got the rioli and ossie mark the lewis goal as well as the two buddy goals all awesome to watch , i love speccy's and great goals no matter who does them that is why i watch aussie rules mate ! :clap :clap :clap :clap

We are getting confidence. Hitting targets, slick handball, goig forward properly. Clerver kicking to advantage.
All it takes is confirdence.

Matt White is starting to excel. Farmer better. Lids laconic and very effective. Collins great.

They play as a team, not young vs old as in the past.

A common futire of success.

TigerForce said:
Totally different game style than what Wallace and Spud provided. What a waste of 10 years.
yes totally different you got a touch of hawks about you guys know :hihi :hihi :hihi go Dimma go !! make the Tigers a great team like i know they can be !!
Dimma is a great guy and has learnt from the Best !! :clap :clap :clap

Harry said:
Martin would be close to the strongest on-baller in the comp. freak strength.

Yes, just got in from being there. Martin got my BOG, with Whitey actually leading that half time. Angus missed a soft goal which was disappointing to make that black mark against a good game. Cotchin was beautiful up to half time but chopped up after that - good effort though. Tucky was pivotal in defence at times, may not have been seen on TV, but his body work was superb back there - and then in the last qtr his centre take aways were necessary even if they were thrown on the boot - one in particular resulted in an easy Reiwoldt goal.

Edwards and Nason are certainly covering some ground - I think they running their opposition of their feet now - is obvious at the ground.

Well done Tiges - we won the game, the on-ground fight before half time AND the the supporters fight on the ground after the game too (Brizo morons got ejected............. ;D)