Brisbane v Richmond (Round 13 - Game Day thread) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brisbane v Richmond (Round 13 - Game Day thread)

I can see very encouraging signs that Lids is developing into the kind of "Backline General" that Bowden was in his heyday. Except that Lids is faster and can kick off both feet!
We have desperately needed this type of player down back for a long time!

The thing i take of the game, is that where not relying on the same players every week like the old days of knights, campbells, browns, richo etc
Edwards has turn into a gut running machine, i take back every negative comment Ive made about him. He is one of the most improved this year.
Matty White the "Road Runner' well done, he just proves if you commit yourself 110% you can be a huge influence to the side.
Andy Collins, Ive liked this kid from the start and now injury free he is showing his full potential.
Kingy, I like the fox terrier, not for his aggression and the spot fires his starts, he has really improved in the task of not only stopping his opponent but outlaying great tackles and his 1'%'s a term building. Hardwick loves Kingy!
Angus- where have you been? He has added so much to the side with not only with his role in the ruck, but his work around the ground.

also i would like to add the coaching staff, a well oiled team has been brought together, no ego chases.
overall happy, keep it up.

:clap :clap :clap

Think its fantasic that we go into the break with 2 wins and then face up to Sydney, perfect team for us to play at this point, tough hard team, a team we have struggled with who wont be coming off a break, Sydney also are not a top shelf team and if we could knock them off would give the cubs great belief heading into the 2nd half of the season.

the golden said:
more likely at the time they learnt from each other to be honest ! Dimma straight from playing and A.C from assistants job ! but he still learnt from the best and i am sticking with that comment :hihi

dont know about that...hawks and port have never been anywhere near the same without him....

arlobill said:
dont know about that...hawks and port have never been anywhere near the same without him....

And the Bombers...

Whats interesting about Dimma, is whereever he goes, they have success, and when he leaves, they don't...

arlobill said:

we were not same cause of injury we are getting better cause nearly got full side , i have never ill wished Dimma i have always wished him well , it is great that he has become a senior coach yes teams are not the same when staff leave that is a given is your team the same since wallet left ? no i do not think so , i say they are hawthorn like cause i see it in how you play now compared to how we played and still play i am not dishing you when i say what i said i am complimenting your team your coach and you guys for sticking by your team 100%

yes would have been great to keep Dimma but why do that when you know he will be a good senior coach that can do great things for another club , he will always be part of hawthorn for what he did for hawthorn .

A.C did help him get to where he has got too there is no denying that ever he helped us and we helped him .

thejinx said:
And the Bombers...

Whats interesting about Dimma, is whereever he goes, they have success, and when he leaves, they don't...
bombers were good back then then they got rid of tooooo many senior players if i remember rightly what some one told me round that time and turned to rubbish ! except Hird he will never be rubbish

Benny Cousins had his best game of the season last night, especially in the 2nd half when the heat was on. His last few games have seen him get a little better each week.
I'd thought that this would probably be his last year, but if he can maintain that form he would have to be a good chance for one more year.

Harry said:
Martin would be close to the strongest on-baller in the comp. freak strength.

He's unbelievable. Hate to say it but he is very Ablett-esque in that he is almost impossible to tackle and hold. And he's only 18. Early days but I think we're onto the best to come out of the recent few years of drafts.

Just watching the replay again now.
I loved the footage of the Tiger supporters given it to Fevola after he stuffed up in the goal square :clap

GoodOne said:
He's unbelievable. Hate to say it but he is very Ablett-esque in that he is almost impossible to tackle and hold. And he's only 18. Early days but I think we're onto the best to come out of the recent few years of drafts.

Hopefully the media doesn't build him up too much. Anthony Banik had to be rushed into the side at barely 17 because we were so poor, and played excellent footy for a couple of years. Commentators were making jokes about him being born with hair under his arms because of his build relative to his age, but his star quickly faded.

I don't think it'll happen with Martin because clubs manage their players so much better these days, but there's always that possibility with his bash and crash style.

Just watched it for the first time.

Huge smile on my face with the after siren celebrations and Cuz interview with Colby. He is so good for our footy club.
As always, the song sung extremely well.

I only have 1 negative from last night - player wise.

Astbury got shown up in the defensive 50. early in the game he was beaten by 3 opponents. the Lions goals in the first quarter were down to Astbury's defence. Hes young, but was worried when he was down back.

he may need more time in defense though to get used to it.

U2Tigers said:
I only have 1 negative from last night - player wise.

Astbury got shown up in the defensive 50. early in the game he was beaten by 3 opponents. the Lions goals in the first quarter were down to Astbury's defence. Hes young, but was worried when he was down back.

he may need more time in defense though to get used to it.

I think Astbury is doing excellently for a first year tall. Showing more than Griffiths at this early stage.