Brisbane v Richmond (Round 13 - Game Day thread) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brisbane v Richmond (Round 13 - Game Day thread)

Tigers of Old said:
I think Astbury is doing excellently for a first year tall. Showing more than Griffiths at this early stage.

Well yeah cause Griffiths has been injured.

No offence ToO but your tone comes across as critical of Griffiths, maybe I'm being oversensitive though.

You can show tone over the internet? I think you're just a bit oversensitive there Ian.

Another win. Poor standard game against poor opposition. We have been in the right place at the right time for our 3 wins. All good team efforts.

Long way to go, but at least we are improvong, albeit from a low low low place. Baby steps.

First time I had watched Griffiths play with the tide out. He is quick. Get some game experience and body weight on the boy and it could be anything at 199cm. Maybe we should put him straight on the wing now rather than wait 10 years.

'Disco' Roach started his career on the wing! He's not getting much of it, but he's following in Selwood's footsteps - 3 games, 3 wins ;)

Dont know if anyones mentioned it on here...Had a peak on OER before and gained a few insights from Danny Daly from his prematch talk at the QRS function.

Hicks - will be a very good player. Talked him up a fair bit. Reckons he has got what it takes. Said you can't take much notice of the fitness level of 1st year rookies because they don't get any pre-season work given the draft date.

Contin - is still learning about senior football ie. where to run to, what is required etc

Griffiths - Will play all season in the seniors for the purpose of getting games into him. Will be a very good player.

Post - spent Summer in the gym and was now working on his running fitness and game awareness. Post and Gourdis both very close to senior selection,

Taylor - Has had a lot to deal with in his first season but is working through it (not sure what that exactly means). Rates him as a player.

Dea - stress fractures and will miss about another 5 weeks.

McGuane had to pass a fitness test to play last night. Also mentioned this regards Foley http://www.puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=39457.new#new

Did anyone else get along to this event and hear Daly speak??

Worst display of umpiring I have seen in many years. Seriously could have lost the game because of some of those calls. When is something going to be done about the rough deal we get week in and week out? If this was collingwood, president erect would have said something by now.

Jason King said:
Worst display of umpiring I have seen in many years. Seriously could have lost the game because of some of those calls. When is something going to be done about the rough deal we get week in and week out? If this was collingwood, president erect would have said something by now.

Agree, Brisbane were gifted a number of free kicks that lead to scoring shots. Was a shocking effort.

Have just watched a replay of the game and really noticed the niggle the Lions were dishing out. A hallmark of Voss?

They would have been far better focussing their energy and attention on the footy, especially in a game they had to win.

That kid Reddan is going to get a belting one day. Not sure what he was trying to prove, but before you dish it out you really need to establish yourself at AFL level.

thejinx said:
Agree, Brisbane were gifted a number of free kicks that lead to scoring shots. Was a shocking effort.

also agree, particularly in regards to holding the ball decisions, it seems like another set of rules apply to richmond players - they have to get rid of it quicker and they rarely get rewarded for good tackles. very frustrating

Agree, I try not to think too much about the umpires influence on the game but in this game we got rorted.

I think nowdays at least four or fives times a game I am truly baffled by the umpires. The Patful holding the ball in the last quarter was red hot.

Tigers of Old said:
I think Astbury is doing excellently for a first year tall. Showing more than Griffiths at this early stage.
Thought Astbury was quite poor against Brisbane. Swap him and the Postman for a few games.

Sorry to come to the party late but i only just got the game reel :)

Astbury I thought was coming along really well. You can see he is there in a training position, but good signs.

Griffiths is quick and agile for a big bloke isn't he? Will take years to step up, but I like the look of him.

Nason looked smart. Lots of gaps in his skills, but I really hope he makes it. Loved seeing him charge down into a really hot and contested situation in defense, plunge in to help, take the risk, and get the ball out. Brave and calm kid.

Graham, good work, coming along well :clap

Edwards goal, one of the best I have seen. Still can't beleive it. General game by him good.

Only downside was Tambling. So close and yet so far. You feel if someone just said 'run as if your life depended on it' he would see he is sooo close to being effective. A Brisbane player needed to be tacked, GRAHAM ran past Tambling and layed the tackle. Tambling arrived late. HOW?